forum

[duplicate] osu! crashes upon resuming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-----
Problem Details:
On the latest update, whenever I download a beatmap from the web and let the game load it in the background (my default browser action for handling the osz files), it will load as usual(I can hear the music change in the background), but the game will crash when I resume the game from taskbar.
Reproducible on my computer and it's really annoying.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
(I can post a screenshot if you ask, but I think the description is detailed enough for now.)

osu! version: 20131106.2 (latest)
OS info: Windows 7 SP1
Nathanael
Topic Starter
-----

Nathanael wrote:

Hmm? [confirmed] Tabbed-out fullscreen crashes if map processing finishes
Didn't noticed that. Thank you for reminding me.

Edit:
But the scenario is not really the same tho...In any case, I hope someone can look at this issue as well.
Maybe merge this discussion below to that topic?
Nathanael
I tried doing this issue (windowed, 1024x768) and my osu! client freezed after the map import.

My way:
1. Start osu! on windowed mode
2. Minimize osu! and try to import an osz file by double clicking the file. Leave osu! minimized.
3. After the map import (by hearing the music), restore osu's window. Its currently frozen. The crash report doesn't pop up.

The music still plays (successful import) but it won't restart after it finishes. I can only terminate osu! by closing it at the Task Manager.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
osu! version: 20131106.2 (latest)

So looks like its not only from full screen but also at windowed mode.
Probably both of the issue is about importing when running in background.

Topic Starter
-----
yeah, thank you for confirming :D
Now we will see if any other players have been experiencing this issue can go ahead and post here :)
Astar
It's crashing for me too, I replicated Nathanael steps.
Topic Starter
-----
A bump and a status update: the latest version (b20131110) have no effect on this bug. Just encountered it again. Uhh.
Marcin
IMO use that topic provided by Nathanael, seems like same cause for me.