forum

osu!Post - Live osu! status for your signatures

posted
Total Posts
166
show more
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Yaiishi wrote:

[...]
Yes, MSN integration is enabled. That's why I'm super confused! I never had any problems when I used it before
Nevermind what I said, the problem here are the new changes in the .db file of osu!.
I'd recommend switching to osu!StreamCompanion if you don't want to wait for the osu!Post update.
(Baiscally the same tool with additional functions and fully included osu!Post support.)
I will update osu!Post itself within the next days when I get to do it, it will automatically update when you start it up then.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Just uploaded the fix for the new .db format, finally got around to do it.
There might be some "follow up"-updates, but osu!Post will automatically update like always, so don't worry about it.

If there are still problems, feel free to leave a post or write a PM directly.

P.S.:
Thanks to Ishkiz & SlasherZX for testing a few things.
Cocolites
but wait why can't the status work ?????all i have is this simple status but no picture :(
Aryls
Vouch for OP, I love this!
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Cocolites wrote:

but wait why can't the anime pic status work ?????all i have is this simple status but no picture :(
I am not sure if this is already "fixed" as I noticed you already changed your image, but you can select another image/custom image here.
Simply log in with your name and key.

Aryls wrote:

Vouch for OP, I love this!
Hehe, thanks.
I am glad you like it!

Development


Just a quick note on the development, I am currently reworking the page content and also the design.
The design will be adjusted to fit the "osu!Theme", we'll see how it works out.
As for the content, the site will most likely be easier to handle then and it will also provide more information, such as "About" or "Tutorials".
Also, the links of the page will change, but don't worry, the old signature links will still work.
Zafkiele_old
So I'm having the same, not showing what I'm playing problem. inb4 it should've updated, but it's still acting weird. I've already integrated the MSN option and such but still no luck. :/
Cocolites

givenameplz wrote:

Cocolites wrote:

but wait why can't the anime pic status work ?????all i have is this simple status but no picture :(
I am not sure if this is already "fixed" as I noticed you already changed your image, but you can select another image/custom image here.
Simply log in with your name and key.

thnk you very much :D
- Kensley -
looks very interesting
Top Bunk
osu!Post no longer seems to detect when I'm online. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just something on my end. If it is on my end, I'm not sure what could be causing it, as everything seems to look fine. No errors in the logs either.
Topic Starter
givenameplz

SlasherZX wrote:

osu!Post no longer seems to detect when I'm online. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just something on my end. If it is on my end, I'm not sure what could be causing it, as everything seems to look fine. No errors in the logs either.
I won't update it anytime soon, if you want a good alternative for now, you should check osu!StreamCompanion it has many good features including osu!Post support. I will still look into whats causing the trouble, but the next update will take some time as I want to rewrite osu!Post in another language.
Top Bunk
Thanks for the alternative! Using that seems to work for now. Good luck with rewriting/updating it when you're able to. I look forward to it.
Lay
So after reading all 8 pages, im unsure as to how to get my signature to display what im playing, i couldnt after following everything that was said,

However, i just got Osu!SC and that confuses me, i got most of it set up but i couldnt get my IRC auth and not sure how osu!post works for that either.

Long story short im a nub, please help me hahaha
Topic Starter
givenameplz

SparKticas wrote:

So after reading all 8 pages, im unsure as to how to get my signature to display what im playing, i couldnt after following everything that was said,

However, i just got Osu!SC and that confuses me, i got most of it set up but i couldnt get my IRC auth and not sure how osu!post works for that either.

Long story short im a nub, please help me hahaha
You don't need to setup everything inside osu!SC, just the things you want to use.

First you should tell it where your osu! folder location is located.
You can find this setting by pressing on Config.
After that, still inside the Config, go to the osu!Post tab and check Enable osu!Post and also input your osu! user id & osu!Post key.
After that close the Config window, press Reload on the main window. If its still telling you its not finding your beatmaps, you seem to have the wrong folder.
After you got that working start up osu! on a random map, osu!SC should now display your map and also send it to the osu!Post backend.
Also remember to do this inside osu!, without that it won't work.

On a side note, I finally started rewriting osu!Post in C# a while ago, not sure when it will be finished, but surely sometime... same goes for the new website.
Howl

givenameplz wrote:

On a side note, I finally started rewriting osu!Post in C# a while ago, not sure when it will be finished, but surely sometime... same goes for the new website.
CSharp mustard race
[ Zaoldieck ]
it does not work....
Top Bunk

[ Zaoldieck ] wrote:

it does not work....
This was already talked about since the bottom of the previous page, where an alternative program with osu!Post integration still functions.
Follow the steps in the previous posts if you want to get it working.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings.

osu!Post currently might not work on every system, you might want to use osu!StreamCompanion instead.
But the new version is coming along quite nice.. same goes for the new website.
(In fact the first versions of both are already being tested internally.)

I'll post the upcoming changes for both some other time.
My biggest aim is to improve the signature creation after the next update.
(It will most likely be highly dependable on JavaScript then.)
The new osu!Post will use a completly different approach, as in not reading the local database files at all.


TL;DR:
osu!Post outdated use osu!StreamCompanion, osu!Post revived soonish.
-Maus-
Does it work on XP? Because Stream Companion crashes as soon as I double-click the exe ;_;
Piotrekol
^& thread doesn't exist where you can report this *sigh*
my guess is that you don't have .NET 4 framework installed.
-Maus-

Piotrekol wrote:

^& thread doesn't exist where you can report this *sigh*
my guess is that you don't have .NET 4 framework installed.
I installed it to be able to even run the exe.
- kakaoio024 -
Program offline??
Topic Starter
givenameplz

JJ00 wrote:

Program offline??
The osu!Post website and signature creation is still working, only the application itself is a little outdated.
(If that is what you are asking.)
- kakaoio024 -
offline lol :):)
Oinari-sama
Try the osu!Stream Companion for time being. Make sure you enable the "osu!Post" option.
Maralina
Is there a way for it to work on any other forums? I've tried on another one and it doesn't seem to work even though I used the exact same code. It just pastes the code, not the picture. Also, it forever shows that I'm offline.
Top Bunk

Maralina wrote:

Is there a way for it to work on any other forums? I've tried on another one and it doesn't seem to work even though I used the exact same code. It just pastes the code, not the picture. Also, it forever shows that I'm offline.
Because of the .php extension for the image by default, it may not work on other sites as easily unless the site is capable of allowing it in signatures. You could either request that the other forums allow/add the extension to be useable (which would be hard to convince them to do, because when people think of allowing public php, they think of security risks). Or you could convert the code into an image file type like .png, which should be doable, I'm just not sure how exactly.

As for it showing that you're offline, it's similar to issues others have been having. If you check out the osu!Stream Companion linked by the guy above your post, it has osu!Post integration and that seems work perfectly fine to fix the offline problem.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

What the previous posters said, you can also, for forums not allowing .php extensions, simply replace the .php with .png, like that in Maralinas case:
[url=http://osu.ppy.sh/u/6020125][img]http://osupost.givenameplz.de/signature.png?u=6020125[/img][/url]
rmroy1114
does it work
rmroy1114
woo tnx it work :) ed
rmroy1114
woo tnx for this :)
Oinari-sama
Please don't triple post =.=

Use the EDIT button next time.
rmroy1114
So Sorry
TheOrangeLife
Do I use osu! post or osu! companion and if I use the companion(I already tried to) I can't figure out how to edit the look of the image.
Top Bunk

TheOrangeLife wrote:

Do I use osu! post or osu! companion and if I use the companion(I already tried to) I can't figure out how to edit the look of the image.
osu!Post on it's own doesn't work right now, and needs to be used through osu!Companion. Make sure to enable osu!Post's integration through it. All the steps in the OP still need to be taken of course. And you can change the image by using the site also linked in the OP: http://osupost.givenameplz.de
Might take some navigation and figuring out how to work it, but I thought it was pretty straightforward at least.
TheOrangeLife
Thanks!
BaBydnT
I have always offline status and i enabled msn ,i have companion and i enabled osupost!.Why doesn't work?


Top Bunk

BaBydnT wrote:

I have always offline status and i enabled msn ,i have companion and i enabled osupost!.Why doesn't work?


Did you set it up properly with using the correct User ID (which in your case should be 4131205) and User Key (which should be the key received upon setting up osu!Post initially)?
BaBydnT
Yes i have my user id and user key correctly :(:(
Top Bunk

BaBydnT wrote:

Yes i have my user id and user key correctly :(:(
When you said you had osu!Post enabled, you meant that you have it enabled within osu!StreamCompanion itself, right?
Like going pressing Config in Companion and then going to the osu!Post tab like this: http://puu.sh/hymKI/786f9c3738.png

Just wanting to confirm and make sure you didn't try enabling it in the osu!Post program instead. Because that wouldn't do anything at all.

I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't work if you followed the rest of the setup correctly.
Oinari-sama
Does the stream companion display the correct song info?

Also where did you check your status? osu!Post website? Did you start the map then pause before refreshing the page?

It doesn't work if you're simply listening to a song at song select/main menu.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply