forum

osu!Post - Live osu! status for your signatures

posted
Total Posts
show more
Me168
I'm having an issue getting the osu!Post program to go through Norton 360 Anti-Virus. Is there anything I can do to fix this and/or just avoid Downloading osu!Post all together?
fsxd_old
Pretty damn cool system you got, loving it already! Would love to see font options in the future.

One thing to fix is this gives me extreme fps lag when I use it, so i will abstain for now.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Alrighty, will look into all of it after work.
(This is why its called Beta~)

Avail wrote:

You should change the updater language. It's german right now
Edit: New build asks me what I want to do with the signature.php (it wants to save it as an image)
Also,
Interesting, will be fixed, about the German.. thats really really odd, could you screen it to me, because I haven't actually used any German at all.

Me168 wrote:

I'm having an issue getting the osu!Post program to go through Norton 360 Anti-Virus. Is there anything I can do to fix this and/or just avoid Downloading osu!Post all together?
Will also look into that.

fsxd wrote:

Pretty damn cool system you got, loving it already! Would love to see font options in the future.

One thing to fix is this gives me extreme fps lag when I use it, so i will abstain for now.
More font options like adjusting the glow and such will be coming soon, about the fps lags, thats rather interesting, please pm me with closer information about when it happens, for example, only if post is enabled or all the time and so on. (Also some PC specs if possible)

@All: Thanks for reporting.
fsxd_old
Seems i've fixed the lag by updating my graphics driver and net framework, working fine now!~
Topic Starter
givenameplz

fsxd wrote:

Seems i've fixed the lag by updating my graphics driver and net framework, working fine now!~
The usual suspects~
Oinari-sama
I got this message when I lost internet connection tonight. lol it needs to be translated but I can probably guess what it says anyway:

Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

I got this message when I lost internet connection tonight. lol it needs to be translated but I can probably guess what it says anyway:

This is an annoying one, as its not supposed to happen.
Its a message from the component I am using (experimenting with) right now, this should hopefully be fixed within the next version.

(I usually suppress those pop-ups and output them in the log.)

Edit:
I also updated to a new version, this should fix a few things, I'll rework the update process after this version, changes only take place when you manually restart at the moment.

Edit2:
Will add the ability to adjust the glow color on the website later.
Akhlis_old
Awesome project! Awesome Idea!
Avail_old_1

When I open osu!post
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Avail wrote:

When I open osu!post
(We discussed this on PM, if there is someone else with that problem:)

This is a problem with an old build of osu!Post, this is fixed already, updating and then restarting osu!Post will take care of it.
Oinari-sama
After leaving osu!Post on for a long time (12hrs+) yesterday, it was somewhat un-responsive when I tried to turn it off. I finally managed to turn it off by unchecking "Enable post" and "Show preview output" but my sig has been displaying "Online" since last night.

The log mentioned a certain error that "you would love to hear" so I'm posting it lol

Screenshots
The texts are a bit hard to read because the screenshot was taken when the program was busy.

Memory usage just before I killed it:
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

After leaving osu!Post on for a long time (12hrs+) yesterday, it was somewhat un-responsive when I tried to turn it off. I finally managed to turn it off by unchecking "Enable post" and "Show preview output" but my sig has been displaying "Online" since last night.

The log mentioned a certain error that "you would love to hear" so I'm posting it lol

Screenshots
The texts are a bit hard to read because the screenshot was taken when the program was busy.

Memory usage just before I killed it:
Alright, thanks for posting. I think I know whats causing this, I will start some more long term tests later.

Edit: Should be fixed with the upcoming version. I will also add options for text alignment later at some point. (eg. left align, right align or centered between two points, like the name is now.)
Topic Starter
givenameplz
I sneaked in a few options for the custom signatures a while ago and also improved a few things in the background.
Everything should be explained if you hover over the tags under "About the positioning values:"

Some new things are:
  1. Adjust glow colors.
  2. Adjust status output slightly. (Hide your name and only show "[Online]" or "[Offline]".)
  3. Adjust map data ouput slightly. (Actually not really worth mentioning, but you can hide the "Playing:" label.)
  4. "Save & Preview" button. (You can also see your uploaded picture correctly now.)
The tags for the output adjustments are named full_output right now and can be set to either 1 (on, full output) or 0 (off, slightly altered output).
(I might rename those tags in the future, but this won't cause any problems, so don't worry.)

Access them here by pressing on the "Configure" button in the "Custom signature:" section.
Daniel58[MC]
Tried two minutes ago dont work for me.

[Exception]
Uncaught exception! (EAccessViolation)
Please tell givenameplz, he would love to hear this!
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Daniel58[MC] wrote:

Tried two minutes ago dont work for me.

[Exception]
Uncaught exception! (EAccessViolation)
Please tell givenameplz, he would love to hear this!
I am already aware of that problem.
This problem will be fixed within the next update, thanks for the report.
(Release within the next days.)
Daniel58[MC]
Ok thanks I will be waiting for it.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Released a new version containing mostly fixes and performance updates.
As said, this should fix the "exception problem", if its still consistent please drop me a post or a PM.
(I also changed the auto updating to be more efficient.)

Get it here or simply run your osu!Post and restart it after the update.
Oinari-sama
You might wanna add a version/build number somewhere now
Daniel58[MC]
Working now.
R-A-I-N
eto... how to change the background?
Topic Starter
givenameplz

R-A-I-N wrote:

First go here.
There you can select a template one or create your own from scratch and upload it with the button below thats saying Configure in the section Custom signature:.
By editing the number values in the input field you can change the output positioning, for more information about the values, hover over the tags above the input field there.

Edit: @Oinari-sama you can already see it in the very first [Info] output, but I will put it somewhere else as well.
R-A-I-N

givenameplz wrote:

R-A-I-N wrote:

First go here.
There you can select a template one or create your own from scratch and upload it with the button below thats saying Configure in the section Custom signature:.
By editing the number values in the input field you can change the output positioning, for more information about the values, hover over the tags above the input field there.

Edit: @Oinari-sama you can already see it in the very first [Info] output, but I will put it somewhere else as well.
ow thank you
ps: why you not add ability to start automatical when startup or when i open osu! lel
Stefan
[Preview]
Failed to show preview image! (EIdSocketError)

Also my banner doesn't update but I guess these issues are connected. What to do?
Oinari-sama
There is currently a problem for those playing osu full screen. The banner shows your Online/Offline status, but does not show song info. This is related to a fix in the latest osu update:
[peppy] Don't set window title when running osu! fullscreen.
I believe that givenameplz is working on a solution at the moment. For time being, those affected can try using borderless instead (which still displays song info through your signature).
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Hello,

as Oinari-sama said, due to the new osu! patch, you are not able to send data when playing in fullscreen. You can use a workaround and play in borderless window mode, simply uncheck fullscreen in your osu! options and choose your desktop resolution.
(Please bear in mind that this might cause different behavior on some machines, performance wise.)

I will write more about this later, when I find the time to do so.
(I am also looking for and working on alternatives.)

However, Stefan's case might be a different problem, if you may, please PM me a screen of your running osu!Post application (and maybe information about your PC).
I will contact you when I am home.
(Please also make sure that osu!Post is not blocked by any firewalls, but under any circumstances, do not disable the firewall completely. You wouldn't detach your door if you only want to let one of your friends inside.)
MarioBound
Maybe you should make an arcadey style signature. Just sayin.
primrose
I can't seem to get it working :|
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Awoken wrote:

I can't seem to get it working :|
(Just summarizing the PMs:)

Problem has been solved, simply run the application and let it update, then restart it. Everything should work after that.
Thanks for the report.
Lanturn
I've been using this for awhile, and I all I can say is that I love it.

Just wondering if you ever have plans to add status updates for people that are "Editing" or "Modding" maps as long as it has an ID?

Lanturn is [Online]
Modding:
EBTC - Billow on the Eternal Peak [Hard]

for example.

Regardless, if you can actually do this or not. This is still a wonderful little program. Thanks :3
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Lanturn wrote:

I've been using this for awhile, and I all I can say is that I love it.

Just wondering if you ever have plans to add status updates for people that are "Editing" or "Modding" maps as long as it has an ID?

Lanturn is [Online]
Modding:
EBTC - Billow on the Eternal Peak [Hard]

for example.

Regardless, if you can actually do this or not. This is still a wonderful little program. Thanks :3
Sorry for the late answer.
I am not able to access this data, I also can't say if there will be the possibility in the future.
But thanks for your feedback, its very much appreciated.

P.S.:
I am reworking a lot of the background stuff happening behind the scenes of osu!Post, in other words the website.
I also added a new template in a "Userbar" design, the size and style might change in the future, still testing with it.
There are some other designs coming "soon" as well, but for now I am focused on officially removing the "beta" status.
This will happen when I finished the backend rework, in a few weeks or so.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings,

just a short update.

I've been working quite a lot on osu!Post for the last weeks and think its now ready to move out of "Open Beta".
The website is fully functional, new features will come in over time.
(Website contains a "News" block for changes regarding the website)
The application itself has been reworked aswell to fix most of the performance issues, not many changes in the design of it but other than that the background stuff is all new.
The next thing is to fix up the application documentation again and after that the documentation for the website.
(Stuff like outgoing data and such might be interesting for people that send data to their own servers.)

If there are any issues or requests, feel free to drop a message.

P.S.:
I am still working on a new icon, this one is somewhat a placeholder, I just wanted to stop using the osu! logo for it.
Suggestions welcome.
Oinari-sama
Am I the only person having trouble customising the signature?

The "Save & Preview" and "Save & Exit" doesn't seem to be working for me. Changes I made just seem to be lost after hitting those buttons.

I've already tried clearing browser cache and cookies but it doesn't help. Just wondering if it's a stand alone case...
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

You need to upload an custom image for that.
Its not intended (and possible) to change the template signatures.

I looked into it, your custom settings are fine, but as said there is no uploaded image.

P.S.:
I added a few more features to the customization, more to come sometime.
(If there are any other feature request shout them out, they'll be most likely implementet.)
Oinari-sama
The thing is though, I did upload a custom image but the buttons "ate" it:

Very weird...

EDIT: Wait... I was derping hard today. Was trying to upload a JPG all along orz
Is it possible to return an error notification when a user upload a non-PNG in the future?
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Oinari-sama wrote:

[...]
EDIT: Wait... I was derping hard today. Was trying to upload a JPG all along orz
Is it possible to return an error notification when a user upload a non-PNG in the future?
I see, this will be fixed in the future, I plan to remove the "only PNG-restriction" soon anyways.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Senpoii
Awesome, going to use this 4evur
Ishkiz
Would it be possible to have mapImage be resizable like userAvatar? I'd like to be able to make it smaller than 160x120.

Thanks!
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Ishkiz wrote:

Would it be possible to have mapImage be resizable like userAvatar? I'd like to be able to make it smaller than 160x120.

Thanks!
Sure thing, will be done either today or within the next days.
If you have any other requests, just throw them out there.
I also consider, as I said somewhere before, to add custom fonts if there is a demand for it.

Edit:
You can now set the width and height for the mapImage.
Ishkiz
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll be sure to let you know if I think of anything else.
DeathRockstar
Hello.I want to change my template how should i do it???

show more