forum

[Archived] nVidia Shadow Play recording issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Problem Details:
When using Shadow Play, the new nVidia recording program introduced in GeForce Experience 1.7, I manually record playing a map. Now, before selecting the song, and after it's finished, Shadow Play is recording the screen. Even though I have it enabled and recording, it doesn't seem to work during play. I've managed to get it working ONCE, but unfortunately not since. I've tested it at least 8 or 9 times now, and I'm not getting the map play at all using Shadow Play.

To reproduce/test Shadow Play, you must:

Have a GTX 600 series or higher GPU (Using a GTX 780)
Have the latest nVidia GeForce Experience installed (1.7)
Have the latest WHQL released drivers (331.65)
Have Shadow Play configured (Top right of GeForce Experience)
osu! MUST be in fullscreen to be recorded. Borderless isn't detected.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Unable to provide, two output videos though. Before and after the map. Clicking on the song to confirm it is the instant ending of the recording.

osu! version: 20131106.2 (latest)
Kagamin3-chan
You might want to post that on the nVidia forums, because I think Shadow Play don't get the namechange of the osu! window (from "osu!" to "osu! - mapname"). So it's more a problem of Shadow Play instead of osu.
peppy
Please try using the test build. I have removed window title changes when fullscreen to see if that helps.
TakuMii
I've tried ShadowPlay a week ago, but I refrained from posting my issues here since it's most definitely a problem on nVidia's end :?
But I've went and tried the test build again today and the change didn't make a difference. It still stops working during the screen transitions.
Topic Starter
[Sean]

peppy wrote:

Please try using the test build. I have removed window title changes when fullscreen to see if that helps.
Have just tried the test build three times, and it would seem that the issue hasn't been resolved. I have nailed it down to needing to record my play during the song, but I like to have a constant recording going and edit it out, as it would mean I'm not trained to think that "I'm recording, can not fail".

I'm going to post the issue on the nVidia forums as well as a few other bugs I've found with it, but I'm suggesting it here since this is an issue that might be able to be resolved.
Horo
Just bumping this, if you record before starting a replay or playing it records before the song starts and at the results screen but not during gameplay.

I'm sure it's the window title changes, but yeah same problem here.
Nathanael
Yeah, before and after playing the map, the window name is 'osu!'
But if currently playing, it would rename the window name as the map and its difficulty.
wi11ian

[Sean] wrote:

peppy wrote:

Have just tried the test build three times, and it would seem that the issue hasn't been resolved. I have nailed it down to needing to record my play during the song, but I like to have a constant recording going and edit it out, as it would mean I'm not trained to think that "I'm recording, can not fail".

I'm going to post the issue on the nVidia forums as well as a few other bugs I've found with it, but I'm suggesting it here since this is an issue that might be able to be resolved.
I tried to record in a complete new osu! build, and put it in a folder renamed 'osu 2' with a desktop shortcut named 'osu! 2.lnk'...The result is that the ShadowPlay did create a folder under ~/Video/ after my recording and it was named 'Osu 2'.
I also tried recording the OpenGL fullscreen mode, but nothing happened.
I guess the hooking might not just as simple as capturing a window, and taking a snap 1/60-secondly. It might somehow works within the Dx and recognize an application from the root files of it.

Also I replied your post on the Nvidia forum, hope they would solve the problem with Osu!!.
ixro100
RUN COMPATIBILITY MODE ACTIVE AND IT WILL WORK ( it did for me please let me know if this worked for you)
have fun and click on!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)