forum

Co-op mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
yukihyo
Basically it's a mod for co-op mod it would be called in-sync, or something like that, and all the people playing have to hit the note at the same time for it to count. I personally think it would be an awesome idea.
deadbeat
>same time
wow. this wouldn't work at all. you can already do a co-op mode in multiplayer if that helps
Topic Starter
yukihyo
i know that there's co-op mode i was just thinking of a mod for it, not that i expect any of my idea's to actually make it in game, but i figure there's no harm in putting them out there, so i do.
FrzR
>same time

It would be head-to-head then rather than 'co-op' :v
Outsanity
What you're describing, in my head, sounds like a VERY complex and complicated version of the TAG mode in multi.
Your Good Self
What is meant by "same time"?
1. To the millisecond (impossible)
2a. Both must hit with the same score. Both getting 300 or both getting 50 result in a hit (100%). One hitting 300 and one hitting 100 gives a miss (0%). Needless to say, both players missing should result in a miss.
2b. Like 2a, but early 100/late 100 and early 50/late 50 are distinct. So if one gets an early 100 while the other gets a late 100, it is counted as a miss.
3. Calculate score for each individual note from the less accurate player (e.g. 300 and 100 -> 100).

None of these definitions really make the game a rhythm game anymore (mostly luck now, hoping the other player hit as bad as you). Definition 3 might hold up to some extent, but it's not exactly relevant to what's requested.
Syrus
No.
Tekklorn
Doesn't seem like it'd work, there's already a tag mode on multi player that works as co op and if one person is lagging then it wouldn't be a huge issue on that mode, but would be an issue for your mod
AweskomeR
Considering the fact that even .1 seconds can be the difference between a 300 and a 100, even a miniscule amount of lag would make this gamemode impossible.
Tsukasa
An idea of co-op mod would be 1 player would control the cursor, and 1 player controls the button

Since I've been hearing alot of gossip of people doing that IRL.

So lets make it an actual multi-mode