forum

[invalid] [confirmed] [test] osu!test graphics issues thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
statementreply
<peppy> put a note in the thread saying test build is under heavy contstruction or something
<peppy> so others know ;x
osu! displaying at wrong position
osu! display position is offset by non-fixed amount on startup when configured to run in fullscreen mode.
Corrupted display on second play
1. Play/watch a beatmap
2. Esc - Back to Menu
3. Play/watch again
Unable to Alt+Tab after editing
1. Edit a beatmap
2. Quit editor
3. Alt+Tab
osu! is still showing on top
osu! forces resolution change on multi display setup
1. Set borderless resolution on one of smaller screens (if using)
2. Close osu!
3. run osu!
4. osu! will force resolution change on bigger one.
Marcin
Update your build?
Topic Starter
statementreply

Marcin wrote:

Update your build?
Still happens on b20131107.1test
Marcin
Ok, just tried, confirming.
Topic Starter
statementreply
Test build is currently under heavy construction.
I'll report all graphics related issues on test build in this thread for now.
Marcin
Oh so we now hunt for graphic glitches? I'm in.
jackisgone
is there no way to change your render atm in test? cause i cant seem to find were to change OpenGL and DirectX, maybe im just blind
puncia
many sliders don't render properly in test build when using opengl and when they spawn in the extreme left. only some maps are affected and bug is reproducible 100% of the time for me. i don't remember any maps right now, but i'll edit this post with a screenshot + map affected while i play and i encounter them.
peppy

jackishere wrote:

is there no way to change your render atm in test? cause i cant seem to find were to change OpenGL and DirectX, maybe im just blind
directx is gone forever.
Magnolia
RIP Osu! i cant play on openGL
peppy
so don't use the test build. or alternatively, report *why* you can't use it, so it can be fixed.
Dexus
opening osu! safemode for osu!test still shows a DirectX render option that locks up the game (since it doesn't exist)

Also I can't even start a map at all it just keeps processing. Eventually I get it to where it's showing the maps processing while viewing the map list. Then after that it double processes. I'm afraid of it damaging something so I'm not touching the test build until it's done.
TheVileOne
Processing maps is slow.

Changing the frame limiter spazzes the game out. It's more than just not drawing.

Weird graphical abnormalities appear on osu title screen. The lines that spiral from the osu cookie are thicker for a few seconds.
TouchFluffyTail
Using any other frame limiter setting other than 60 fps vsync just starts the game with a frozen screen for me, forcing me to change the frame limiter in the .cfg to make the game playable again. I'm also getting all kinds of screen flashing to black with this. (and vsync isn't really the ideal play environment since I used 250fps before)
Damnae
Maybe you could add this to the list? Additive blending in storyboard doesn't work with opengl
Marcin
OpenGL forces a resolution change on second monitor in multi display setup, to the resolution osu! uses.

I'll add to OP
jackisgone

peppy wrote:

so don't use the test build. or alternatively, report *why* you can't use it, so it can be fixed.
on DirectX i get more frames and its smoother, idk why but it lags so much on OpenGL
peppy
Just a FYI that for OWC purposes I have rolled back test build to a directx capable build for now. Leave this thread even though the issues are likely fixed.
jackisgone

peppy wrote:

Just a FYI that for OWC purposes I have rolled back test build to a directx capable build for now. Leave this thread even though the issues are likely fixed.
why are you taking directx away? :(
Dexus
XNA (directx game engine) support is dead and OpenGL has easier cross platform support. Honestly directx is pretty bad in the first place, but what pulls it through are the powerful shaders. Peppy has spoke of optimizing the OpenGL render. It's all still in development and won't be out for a while, so you can still enjoy directx usage. In the future OpenGL should be just as good, if not better.
show more