forum

Mizuki Nana - Innocent Starter (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mystearica
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on August 21, 2009 at 12:11:16 PM

Artist: Mizuki Nana
Title: Innocent Starter (TV Size)
Tags: Anime J-Pop Nanoha
BPM: 132
Filesize: 4543kb
Play Time: 01:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Fate (4.95 stars, 282 notes)
  2. Lyrical (2.79 stars, 95 notes)
  3. Nanoha (4.34 stars, 176 notes)
Download: Mizuki Nana - Innocent Starter (TV Size)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Last song to finish the Nanoha series.

Original message:

SPOILER
For every beginning there is an ending.

I suppose in many ways I was also an innocent starter when I first started this game. Don't take this statement seriously.
Yet I say so because I was innocent. I did not know anything.

Just what is this beatmapping system? You make a map, you submit, people come rape your map to make it "rankable" and then you receive crap scores because people can't full combo your map. Whatever happened to your own style?

The very means of getting your beatmap ranked as it is right now is destroying every single bit of creativity any mapper could have possibly been born with.

I am tired of seeing BAT maps getting tag ranked instantly everyday while so many other mappers beg and beg to get any attention. There is no such thing as fairness in this system. If your name in chat isn't red, you do not exist. As much as I hate seeing this, I am a powerless individual who cannot bring about any change. But you know what? I tried.

I will proudly say that I never mapped songs for them to become ranked. I mapped them because I love them. I mapped them because I wanted to share them with the rest of you. If you map with the sole intention of getting your map ranked, then I believe you shouldn't be mapping at all.

Yes I know James has a wonderful full version of this song mapped. I do not intend to compare myself to James (there's no way I possibly could), so you don't have to go out of your way to flame me. This is merely my final tribute to the Nanoha series and Mizuki Nana and I really wanted to share this with those who love the series and this song in particular.

My wish is that one day my thoughts written above will reach all of you out there playing this game, creating beatmaps, or modding other people's maps. Don't map to be ranked, but rather map with your love for the song and share it with those who love the song. Show people your own style.

Actually, I'll stay around and see what I can do.
DeadAlready
My english sucks,so I can't understand all of you say,that's very sorry... <(_ _)>

But I can understand almost you mean and I agree that.

Then, this map is also good,although it's only one diff now.

so give a star. <3
shindrgon
agree 0.0
star
MegaManEXE
It's unfortunate it came to this, but you always were one to not hold back and speak your mind lol

Here's the final piece...I think it's my best normal yet (albeit a bit hard for a normal) but I'll let other people judge for themselves.

osu lost a talented person today. ;_;

No kudos for this one plz, just playing my part in the finale.

In b4 mod deletion

Download: Mizuki Nana - Innocent Starter (TV Size) (Mystearica) [Nanoha].osu
Alace
Lisa
0.0agree
star
alvisto
Support ! You voiced out everything that I felt that I couldn't possibly say now, as I am new to mapping, so I am not entitled to voice any opinion, I think, but you get my 2 cents.

Hopefully our small little voices can gather more and more support and people actually think about this.

I am tired of seeing BAT maps getting tag ranked instantly everyday while so many other mappers beg and beg to get any attention.
Agree. It makes SP gaining stupid. All the BAT mod that I get for my first map aren't because of my SP. My first map was once top-SP for a day or two, and I felt stupid coz I felt happy that "Yay, finally I am top in the queue". So, I stopped shouting for attention for a day or two, and guess what, no one touched that map. It was then I realized, ok.....

I will proudly say that I never mapped songs for them to become ranked. I mapped them because I love them. I mapped them because I wanted to share them with the rest of you.
Thanks for re-waking my true intention of mapping.

Whatever happened to your own style?
I tried to keep it while listening to other people's advice and suggestions. I am sure I will be better once I map more.
Furawa
>3< nana dai su ki
Hanyuu

xiAo_H wrote:

0.0agree
star
heintsi
star for map and message :>
kioukiou
Agree.

Map is good.

So shoot a star.
minyeob
"Show that you care by giving me a star and show the korean mappers
if you don't want to, that's fine"

I'll star this for KR mappers
I'm....... serious about this:;

Mystearica wrote:

Goodbye~ It was fun!
Don't go:; I'll hold your hand

Mystearica wrote:

Just what is this beatmapping system? You make a map, you submit, people come rape your map to make it "rankable" and then you receive crap scores because people can't full combo your map. Whatever happened to your own style?

The very means of getting your beatmap ranked as it is right now is destroying every single bit of creativity any mapper could have possibly been born with.
Totally agree.... *regrets*

/me supports this topic.
Harken1
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
azuki
star for your message and your map.
orioncomet

azuki wrote:

star for your message and your map.
Mogsy

That's cynicism to the extreme. Our ranking guidelines aren't as strict as you make them out to be, and our modding isn't designed to make maps robotic, unlike what you and many other people have suggested. I'd personally like to see more creativity from mappers. There are still ways to be creative, even under restrictions.

I am tired of seeing BAT maps getting tag ranked instantly everyday while so many other mappers beg and beg to get any attention. There is no such thing as fairness in this system. If your name in chat isn't red, you do not exist. As much as I hate seeing this, I am a powerless individual who cannot bring about any change. But you know what? I tried.
If you're really going to just assume that, do some bloody research. Not to mention the fact that the BAT members have proven mapping talent, so it's not bias towards BAT that gets their maps ranked, it's the fact that they made a solid, rankable map.

I will proudly say that I never mapped songs for them to become ranked. I mapped them because I love them. I mapped them because I wanted to share them with the rest of you. If you map with the sole intention of getting your map ranked, then I believe you shouldn't be mapping at all.
In general, that's what I see mapping as; a way to make a fun file for a song you love, to show your love for said song. Weird for the person with 100 WIPs to say, but I love every song I map. If you map a song you don't like just so you can get it ranked, well, stop mapping. Creativity is born out of one's love for the song, after all.

Send me a forum PM and I'll mod this (this is just my system due to my bad memory; it helps me keep track of who asked me to mod).
minyeob
Mogsy, Frankly Speaking, I'm against of you.

That's cynicism to the extreme. Our ranking guidelines aren't as strict as you make them out to be, and our modding isn't designed to make maps robotic, unlike what you and many other people have suggested. I'd personally like to see more creativity from mappers. There are still ways to be creative, even under restrictions.
"Straighten this slider"-> What's this? It's robotic:;

If you're really going to just assume that, do some bloody research. Not to mention the fact that the BAT members have proven mapping talent, so it's not bias towards BAT that gets their maps ranked, it's the fact that they made a solid, rankable map.
lol what bloody search? Only few BAT maps get ranked like that.
Also, It's really hard to get BAT's mod post for normal users.

If you map a song you don't like just so you can get it ranked, well, stop mapping. Creativity is born out of one's love for the song, after all.
I have no opinion about this:;

Send me a forum PM and I'll mod this
Gonna rank/mod this?

I will proudly say that I never mapped songs for them to become ranked.
Read this before you mod this map:;
Mogsy
I do promise to mod this map. :/ It's as if you don't believe me when I say that.

Also, when I say to straighten something, it generally looks sloppy. Polished != robotic.

Not to mention that it isn't that hard to get us to look at normal users' maps. All they have to do is ask us.

Also, here's the thing: there are 455 maps in Pending as of me typing this, and look at the number of -active- BAT. There are more and more maps each day. Now, as much as I'd love to spend all day modding every single day, I have a life to attend to as well, and the same thing goes for every BAT. The thing is, BAT maps are made by people with proven track records, so they're bound to get noticed. If they get ranked quickly, good for them, that's one less map by a BAT we need to worry about, so we can spend more time focused on maps made by non-BATs. :/ Some maps get lost in the shuffle, but don't be afraid to ask a BAT to mod your map, just understand that there's not enough time in the day for us to look at every map ever made EVER.
Topic Starter
Mystearica
No one requests that all of you mod 24/7 of your lives. I suggest you read Alace's response before using those same idiotic responses again.

This map nor its message were composed for you or any other BAT to mod. This is my style and message, this is how the map will be. Take your hands off of this map.

You are actually quite an active BAT, so most of what I said isn't directed at you. But can you honestly say the same for everybody else on that BAT team?

Let me quote Alace:

The situation is really bad now, let me explain:

1) New BATs mod like a crazy for a few weeks or months
2) They become more and more lazy. They ignore the public and start to tag rank each other

WHY WHY WHY

Because old BATs are even lazier and also tag rank.
As you see even with the increase in the number of BATs we have now, the number of players
who complain increased in the same proportion.

New BATs have realized that they don`t need to mod so much because they are BATs forever. They will not be kicked off.
When BATs want their own maps to be ranked they tag each other.
</thread>
Mogsy
I absolutely refuse to stop modding your map, whether you like it or not. It's in Pending, therefore it's fair game.

However, if you absolutely refuse to change it, why are you placing it in Pending in the first place?

Also, I honestly cannot speak for the other BAT, for I only speak with my own voice, I am not the voice of an entire group. Every individual has their own voice and they can choose to speak when they wish to speak. I am simply a BAT defending a generalization made against my position.
Topic Starter
Mystearica
I made this map, like any other map I made it to share my own view on the song itself and to share the artist. Getting it ranked is not my concern. Pending maps are perfectly playable like Dangaard has taught me, and many of them are of good quality. Yet why do you guys only talk about rank rank rank? What happened to the fun of this game? Make a map with your own unique style and share it with your friends in MP. Why must there always be rank rank rank?

You can mod it all you want, and for that matter anybody else can mod it all they want. Just know that this map will not change one bit. You're right, it's in pending and therefore your modding is fair game. That is your view and certainly not the view of your fellow BATs. They've come up with a standard list of excuses to use for the purpose of ignoring pending map requests.

Should I point out specific examples? No, I don't think I even need to. You can ask any mapper that's responded in this thread and I'm sure they've got lots to share with you regarding that.

I don't know how many pending maps have been ignored and ended up in the graveyard, yet those maps were of fair quality.

If this map will end up in the graveyard, so be it.

Again, I strongly urge you to read Alace's response.
Alace
Rolf
plz stop kiouing

I think you don`t really need to mod this
this thread is not a mod request

well i want to see your mod post personally
It`s always fun
Mogsy
If you're not going to change it, I'm not going to mod it. It's as simple as that. This isn't an excuse, it's just me denying my services if you're just going to ignore it anyways. It's a reasonable denial. The time I would waste by modding your map would take away from the time I have to work on other peoples' maps, and they'll sure as hell take criticism, unlike what you appear to be doing. I'll be happy to move this if you don't want people to change this. :/ People will still look at it to find the message you have inscribed into your first post, so what's the difference?

Also, I read Alace's post before I even posted the first time.
Topic Starter
Mystearica
Why must you move it? It's a complete map with a Hard and Normal, both are very playable with no unrankable errors, and are our own styles to the very best that we could've attempted.

Just because I won't accept changes on this map means it can't be in pending? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You just want to move this out of the way so less people will see it. You only came here and said that you would mod it because I dare spoken out. So let me ask you, how many others must speak out like this to be heard by your so called expert mapping team?

This map will not change, because frankly this is my map, I made it to the best of my abilities, and I think it's fine. You may be a BAT but you actually are just another person like me. You might think you have expertise, but in fact I do not care for that matter because this is my style of mapping and I liked the outcome.

Also, because your responses were so idiotic, they gave me the impression that you had not read Alace's posts/had not understood what he meant.

Also also, is calling me stupid in #osu the best you can do? Because really, that's rather low. I don't go on IRC and start calling you stupid in some other channel. What does name calling accomplish? Quite a typical BAT attitude I guess.
Mogsy
Excuse me, but I'm going to explain this as simply as I can so I can get back to work.

-This is Pending. Do you want your map ranked? No? Then why in the world is it in here?

-I'm not moving it so less people can see it, you're jumping to conclusions. I'd move it so it can take up less space in Pending if you're not intending on getting this ranked, unlike just about every other map in Pending. What you're doing is just disrespectful.

-Really, I only brought it up in IRC in hopes that it would stir discussion about this sort of situation, which I quite frankly find idiotic. Your map is in Pending, meaning it's PENDING BAT APPROVAL. Why put it in here if you have NO INTENTION of getting it ranked? It's taking up space and is only serving as a distraction from other maps that need to be looked at. What you're doing is trying to make a point while contradicting your own wishes.

-Quite honestly, your response is leading me to believe that you just can't accept criticism. "I made it so it means I'm right" is the most arrogant thing you can say. You're not perfect either, so opening yourself for constructive criticism, criticism meant to polish the map and bring out what's so good about it, is the best way to go. I realize that I am human and I am not perfect. However, I do have a level of expertise if I am a BAT. If I did not have said level of knowledge, I wouldn't be on the team. However, ranking a beatmap is a collaborative effort between mapper and modder, designed to bring out a map's full polish. If you can't accept that, stop wasting peoples' time with a map you don't even want ranked.

-To claim that I did not understand what Alace meant just seems like a futile attempt to make me look bad. I only said what I said simply because I can't comprehend why you wouldn't want your map to be ranked if you placed it among the ranks of maps that are seeking approval. If you're simply trying to make a point, well, mission accomplished I guess? Just don't do so in the format of a map, I already explained the contradiction in your logic.

You're not above the damn system and neither is anyone else, normal user or BAT.
show more