forum

Wacom Intuos Pen CTL-480

posted
Total Posts
show more
Omgforz
It's going to be a nuisance, and you're better off not switching areas constantly. Rather get used to full area on osu! and resize the osu! screen, than constantly change areas.
Dexus
You can use profiles with the 480 series, that's the nice thing about the drivers. So you can set it up to where it changes areas and sizes only when osu! opens up. Yes you want to force proportions, or play on a resolution that's 16:10
Topic Starter
chokbar de bz
Sry to bump this. Yeah my monitor is 16:9 and the full tablet area is 16:10 so i guess i should force proportions for playing, but should i force it too for drawing ?
Please

filsdelama wrote:

Sry to bump this. Yeah my monitor is 16:9 and the full tablet area is 16:10 so i guess i should force proportions for playing, but should i force it too for drawing ?

internet wrote:

I found a good way to check what setting works best: take a round object, like a coin, put it on the pad and trace it with the pen. Do it with force proportion settings on and off. See wich one looks like a circle, and wich one is distorted. The distortion will happen if your monitor is wide and the tablet not wide, or vice-versa.

I was actually working with distortion for like a year before i found about this setting. And it didn't seem to bother me, I guess i got used to it. But now i did the coin trick and tracing it without FP did not make a circle, so i checked it. I don't see great differences when working free-hand, but i guess it's better to have it checked in my case.
TakuMii

filsdelama wrote:

I think that option is more important for drawing. If you turn it off, your vertical sensitivity will be slower than your horizontal sensitivity, causing distortion (circles will appear as ovals). It's best to just leave it on.
Caam
I just bought the same tablet and i do feel like regret buying just like him but it might because i'm not use to a tablet not sure how to set my setting i think i did it right
theburgerhd
I've ordered the same tablet,
also... it's one of the only cheap wacom tablets in production so you can't really expect it to be as good as one of 300 dollar.
And if you switch from CTL-470 to CTL-480 I think it will always be weird at the beginning...
And if it's your first tablet (like me, not that I have experience with tablets lol) it will probably look like you bought the wrong one, but you are just not used to it yet... In the video's you can see some really good plays so it's clearly good enough to play osu! on.
mattitomatti
i might buy that when if i buy new computer :D
Lauigy
I've got the Wacom Intous CTH-460 and when i open osu!, the pointer doesn't move at all. Can someone help? (It's my first tablet)
Full Tablet

Lauigy wrote:

I've got the Wacom Intous CTH-460 and when i open osu!, the pointer doesn't move at all. Can someone help? (It's my first tablet)
Disable Raw Input in the main osu! options.
Bikko is legit
So, yesterday my nib broke, and there's like 2/3 of it inside the pen yet, anyone knows how to remove it?

Amberwind
I'm having a problem. When i increase my sensetivity in game to about over 2.0 my game just flips out and i cant do a single sh*t. It really annoys me to play on a low sensetivity.
B1rd

Majsmackan wrote:

I'm having a problem. When i increase my sensetivity in game to about over 2.0 my game just flips out and i cant do a single sh*t. It really annoys me to play on a low sensetivity.
You can change the sensitivity though the tablet software, under 'Wacom Tablet Properties', then go to the mapping tab and change the active area to what you want. If you can't find it on your computer then you need to install it; a disk should have come with your tablet, you can install the software of that.
Amberwind

B1rd wrote:

Majsmackan wrote:

You can change the sensitivity though the tablet software, under 'Wacom Tablet Properties', then go to the mapping tab and change the active area to what you want. If you can't find it on your computer then you need to install it; a disk should have come with your tablet, you can install the software of that.
Thanks, i got it fixed and working now :3 Really appreciate your help c:
totekingsg1
i have ctl 480, rly nice tablet, i recommend it. It works perfect, the pen is super comfortable, and the tablet is really acurate.
Darklingsoul

Dexus wrote:

The cursor skip is from wisptis.exe (windows ink) registering pen flicks. For older tablets you had to manually prevent it from opening by renaming the file or deleting it. With the 480 series you can disable Windows ink with a simple check box from the tablet preferences. There is no need to use that TabletTapToClick program with the 480 series.

The buttons, touch input, and eraser are useless if you're just going to be playing osu! Do you really need those for an extra $30? I will tell you this, you can't disable the touch input with the CTH-480 and it's really annoying at times. Besides, the touch input just makes your tablet a big laptop tracpad.

I thought I may point out to you that you actually can disable touch input with the CTH-480. On the top right hand edge of the tablet there is a tab that looks similar to a hold button on ipod touches and you can in fact disable touch all together, flip that sucker to the right and Touch is completely disabled, your hand, fingers and palm will no longer flick you half way across the screen or all the way off in some users cases. I hope this helps, and enjoy your CTH-480, it's a miraculous tablet with very much potential.
buny
come the fuck on you quoted a 1 year post
Sayurii

HaruDarkSoul wrote:

Dexus wrote:

The cursor skip is from wisptis.exe (windows ink) registering pen flicks. For older tablets you had to manually prevent it from opening by renaming the file or deleting it. With the 480 series you can disable Windows ink with a simple check box from the tablet preferences. There is no need to use that TabletTapToClick program with the 480 series.

The buttons, touch input, and eraser are useless if you're just going to be playing osu! Do you really need those for an extra $30? I will tell you this, you can't disable the touch input with the CTH-480 and it's really annoying at times. Besides, the touch input just makes your tablet a big laptop tracpad.

I thought I may point out to you that you actually can disable touch input with the CTH-480. On the top right hand edge of the tablet there is a tab that looks similar to a hold button on ipod touches and you can in fact disable touch all together, flip that sucker to the right and Touch is completely disabled, your hand, fingers and palm will no longer flick you half way across the screen or all the way off in some users cases. I hope this helps, and enjoy your CTH-480, it's a miraculous tablet with very much potential.
Oh god thank you! I bought the CTH 480M on a whim because i wanted to play osu with a tablet and the free manga software that came with it might actually get me to try and draw (i suck at drawing but i tought getting the manga software might help in me learning it) and i realised not having checked if you can actually turn touch off.
arkanoss
I have this tablet, is really good ,confortable and fix . Take it!!
Kurwa
Does anyone know if the pen from the CTL-480 works on a CTH-480?
Omgforz
yes, even the 470 pen works with 480

filsdelama wrote:

Indeed, it's gonna be my first tablet , so i guess that's even better :D
Little Did Fils know that he would later be in the top 10 :^)