forum

[osujam] - new game mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
So I figured I love osu!, but I also love o2jam. Why not combine the two? :D

Right now in osu! you only have one tapping key, sure you can have multiple binds for the same functionality which you need for streaming etc. But wouldn't it be cool if we had a gamemode where we could use one entire hand for jamming? It wouldn't be as fast as osu! though, since you'd need to use a lot of peripheral vision (thus a bit less precise aiming) and do some multitasking, but it still feels like this would be awesome.

FrzR
NO PLEASE.
Marcin
That would be... so impossible.
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
Why impossible? It would just be more complex than osu!, meaning that the maps would be a bit slower on the same skill level. You can make everything as easy or as hard as you want it to.
deadbeat
no
Full Tablet

deadbeat wrote:

no
why not?
deadbeat
it's impractical.
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
Well, that sux. Don't think it's impractical for the ppl who play both o2j and osu.
Why marked as invalid? Just because you don't like it?
Rio-

Xcrypt wrote:

Well, that sux. Don't think it's impractical for the ppl who play both o2j and osu.
Why marked as invalid? Just because you don't like it?
I understand Your complaint.... But using 2 buttons right now makes osu! a lot harder even for pro-player (Like Stream, Stack, etc), why adding more buttons?.... That would be impossible for anyone....

*Imagine Scarlet Rose with this o2jam style.....
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
Because in a lot of rhythm games nowadays where there is not a lot of complexity, in order to make things more difficult they just go faster to the point where you need insane tapping speed. (gh, stepmania, osu streaming). Would be nice to create difficulity in complexity instead of crazy tapping speed (which isn't even healthy for your hands) for a change. I'm not saying that those games aren't hard or that those approaches are bad or whatever, they would just create difficulity in different ways.
MarioBound
Just because it is in a lot of rhythm games doesn't mean we have to follow it.
OsuMe65
play Scarlet Rose / Freedom Dive / Airman on your "osujam" game mode and you'll regret it
Full Tablet

OsuMe65 wrote:

play Scarlet Rose / Freedom Dive / Airman on your "osujam" game mode and you'll regret it
Looks like fun
Rio-

Full Tablet wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

Looks like fun
More like excitement when You can pass them with this "osujam" mode....
Trash Boat
instead of you doing all the job, why not split it in 2 players? one does the osu!, the other does the mania.
deadbeat

battler077 wrote:

instead of you doing all the job, why not split it in 2 players? one does the osu!, the other does the mania.
there's already a request for something like this
Loctav
Wow. You guys are biased. What's wrong with you? Especially deadbeat :/
Be a bit more neutral. I am slightly disgusted, how you treat this idea because of your limited capabilities.

Removing the invalid tag, it's ridiculous to call it invalid just because you are not able to multitask.
deadbeat
you forgot to move back out of completed requests :p

also i'm not being biased, i'm stating my opinion. if you think this is still valid then i'll leave this in your hands since i'm still standing by my previous decision
blissfulyoshi
Just going to say most ppl thought games like Ontamarama really hard and not very fun.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, the game is a cross between DDR and ouendan sort of, except the ouendan part is not according to the rhythm. You have to activate the little guys below, before you can press the notes up top. In short slightly easier than this idea.

Videos: (the songs played are really easy, the last few songs on hard mode are really fast, hard, and annoying imo)
[box=What actual gameplay looks like:[:1337]
TheVileOne
^They made that game seem way more exciting than it actually is.
Sea_Food
When I heard the name osu!mania for the first time I though it would be like this.
Really disapointed when it was not.
I even managed to get so far that I got 2 osu! clients open at the same time to do this manually, but I could not get the input to work properly.

I have always liked multitask games, and thats why multitask1 and multitask 2 are my favorite online games. (my high scores are 470seconds and 245 seconds, i bet none of u can get even half of that (especially deadbeat))
xxbidiao
Completely not a bad idea.

But it would be a good idea to let someone test that :)
Compa

Well it could be decent but at least don't make us use all 5 fingers pinkies aren't for spamming D:
show more