Riari wrote:

Krah wrote:

BEATMAP OF THE WEEK: Persona - Area184

Grats to AFB~
Manuxz
I started to mod recently so add me o3ó
Topic Starter
Deif
So the sound of the bananas can be changed for real, or is it still an urban legend? :D

p/3358148
Kurokami
I will investigate this matter. Although I think this is just a legend.
Kurokami
Welcome double post. Anyway, its good to inform everyone.

It is working. Its possible to add custom sounds for spinner in CtB. "metronomehigh.wav" is for main beat and "metronomelow.wav" is for the rest. Its possible to use just one of them but gives a weird feedback so both of them needs to be the same sound and requires for ranking.
Drafura
Good to know :)
Sey
BEATMAP OF THE WEEK: Kitamura Eri - Birth (TV Size)

Nobody modded it, and some of you cannot even mod it (Hi Slow), but there's gonna be a new map next Monday anyway :p

Wow I'm such a copycat
Riari

Sey wrote:

Nobody modded it, and some of you cannot even mod it (Hi Slow), but there's gonna be a new map next Monday anyway :p

Wow I'm such a copycat
So funny

Congrats Slow~
autofanboy

Sey wrote:

slow moe pro mapper
instarank

???
bye bye area184 noob map oh i mean hi
Serena-

Sey wrote:

Wow I'm such a copycat
pro mapper slow

lets get that ranked :D
Slow

Sey wrote:

lol.... :)
PatZar

alienflybot wrote:

Sey wrote:

slow moe pro mapper
instarank

???
bye bye area184 noob map oh i mean hi
ursa
BEATMAP OF THE WEEK: yanaginagi - Zoetrope (TV Size)

hi Kyuare
autofanboy

ursa wrote:

op
PatZar

alienflybot wrote:

ursa wrote:

op
Topic Starter
Deif
BEATMAP OF THE WEEK: Lin-G - I want you

Hi rew0825.

Modder of the Month will be announced on Sunday/next Monday. This is your last opportunity to show off your abilities :D
Kurokami

Deif wrote:

This is your last opportunity to show off your abilities :D
Yep, everyone needs to mod mod my map before that.The ones who miss it won't have a chance. /me runs far away
Riari

Deif wrote:

Hi rew0825.

Modder of the Month will be announced on Sunday/next Monday. This is your last opportunity to show off your abilities :D

Does the ability have to be modding? :(
PatZar

Deifchan wrote:

MODDER OF THE MONTH: ?
when? DDDD:::::
autofanboy

Deif wrote:

LOLI MODDER OF THE MONTH: ?
Genocide for 69% sure
SUBSTAC9

Deif wrote:

Hi rew0825.

gg :D :D
Vhy
oh my... i just noticed this thread is back to live
since im active again from now, please count me in as modder c:
Kurokami
Mod my new mapset then. /me runs
Takuneru

ursa wrote:

hi Kyuare
OMG Kyuare just told me this
I'll have to get to mods on my platter and salad soon ;w;
My diffs are still so bad right now...
Hopefully I'll get free time on the week to do this :3
Topic Starter
Deif
Hi AFB, you got a 1-month supporter :3

BEATMAP OF THE WEEK: Agnete Kjolsrud - Get Jinxed

LoL hype. Gogogo /o/
Sey

Also congrats, afb! Well-deserved.
autofanboy
lolwat
PatZar
lol xD afb got 1 month supporter
congrazt then
CLSW

Sey wrote:

Also congrats, afb! Well-deserved.
This one is well-made diffspread, so I'm sure it can be ranked in a while :3

Also congratz to afb, nice work!
Ichigaki
Hi :)
Can i join this Academy? I'm sure that i've mod more than 2 CtB mapset/difficulty (~'w')~
Topic Starter
Deif
Hey! Somebody could've updated it already D:

BEATMAP OF THE WEEK: Lapix - Paradoxy

Be gentle with this beatmap :3
GAMI
I want to join too >< already mod 3-4 maps ><

(still learn how to mod Rain tough :D)
Sey
I just recognized how low these restrictions are. 2-3 CTB mods and that's it? I'd prefer to see more experienced CTB modders with a certain amount of KDS here to be sure the modder is having value and a bit of experience to this all but nothing about that is mentioned in the OP... *sigh*
In theory everyone can mod 2 CTB maps in a single day but that doesn't necessarily mean the modder provides any quality. Also I wouldn't be against if BATs/QATs decide internally about member recruitments before any applicant simply gets added here. This will assist the whole fact of modders being 100% certain about their interest in joining the Academy and trying to work harder for it with better mods than they ever had before.

P.S. This also supports the whole challenge aspect between participants. I don't see the point in having as many members as possible instead of qualified members.

Not saying I would want these requirements unreachable but a bit of more challenge to join this can't hurt to motivate new participants improving their modding quality and willingness about this all.
GAMI

Sey wrote:

I just recognized how low these restrictions are. 2-3 CTB mods and that's it? I'd prefer to see more experienced CTB modders with a certain amount of KDS here to be sure the modder is having value and a bit of experience to this all but nothing about that is mentioned in the OP... *sigh*
In theory everyone can mod 2 CTB maps in a single day but that doesn't necessarily mean the modder provides any quality. Also I wouldn't be against if BATs/QATs decide internally about member recruitments before any applicant simply gets added here. This will assist the whole fact of modders being 100% certain about their interest in joining the Academy and trying to work harder for it with better mods than they ever had before.

P.S. This also supports the whole challenge aspect between participants. I don't see the point in having as many members as possible instead of qualified members.

Not saying I would want these requirements unreachable but a bit of more challenge to join this can't hurt to motivate new participants improving their modding quality and willingness about this all.
Sometimes I prefeel mapping than modding >< how dummy I'm xD
Sey
I wasn't really refering to you. This is more a general thing I'd like to see in future.
I find this whole thing isn't really a challenge anymore compared to the time when I was still a participant of this.
Riari

Sey wrote:

This is an Academy, there is a low requirement to get in as i'm sure its meant to motivate and help people to 'learn' to mod, but I see a lack of material for that. I see nothing wrong with a 2-3 mod requirement, having experienced people only doesn't motivate people to join and map/mod, it just pushes them away and creates an elitist cult.

A limit increase would also decrease the very little activity we have right now and I really don't want to see that happen.

Just my two pence.
Sey
As you already stated participants should learn how to mod. Then they will need feedback what was good/bad about their mods to do it better in future (which isn't the case right now).

Also not planning to create any elitism here. Low requirements will be okay if the learning process will be supported by the staff. Just announcing a MotM won't help others in future. Maybe some PMs including observations in their mods might be helpful. This will especially motivate and increase the competition between all members.

What I want to avoid is simply people getting into this for being in this, like: "Just modded 2 maps, now let me in". This is counterproductive for the meaning of this academy.
Riari

Sey wrote:

As you already stated participants should learn how to mod. Then they will need feedback what was good/bad about their mods to do it better in future (which isn't the case right now).

Also not planning to create any elitism here. Low requirements will be okay if the learning process will be supported by the staff. Just announcing a MotM won't help others in future. Maybe some PMs including observations in their mods might be helpful. I'd even help in preparing those as a BAT. EVERYONE should receive a personal message. This will especially motivate and increase the competition between all members.

What I want to avoid is simply people getting into this for being in this, like: "Just modded 2 maps, now let me in". This is counterproductive for the meaning of this academy.
That does make sense, two maps and in isn't a great setup, feedback and helping out with stuff would be lovely and really helpful but it all comes down to no activity. There is NOTHING here that motivates ME as a modder to carry on, I get my name on a fancy thread and that's about it. If there was more to push me on I'm sure I'd mod a lot more and I'm sure it feels the same for quite a few people. A system like this may help and revive this for a while and give a solution to two maps and in, but it doesn't fill the void of no motivation for others.

I'd gladly support anything to help this thread be more active (The hypocrite I am) but it doesn't seem to be lifting off like I hoped it would have when this slight revamp came in.
Kurokami
Actually my idea was 5 map but it ended up lowered by dear QATs due unkeonw reason. That is still not enough but better than 2. But going after kudo is a perfect idea though we should look at the time gap between them as well. So in the end we should check before adding someone.
Topic Starter
Deif
It's getting a routine to add a map on tuesdays

BEATMAP OF THE WEEK: Tamaz-P - Hirari Hirari

A quite calm map this time. Happy modding!
show more