forum

HD easier or harder?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kaitou Kid
Ever since i've put on the mod HD i seem to be getting farther ahead in songs i couldnt beat before and when i take HD off i cant get as far as i did. Opinions? :?:
pielak213
­
Mont Blanc_old
I guess it works better on such maps that approach circle approaches faster?
Topic Starter
Kaitou Kid
so theres less HP drain when i put HD on?
pielak213
­
Topic Starter
Kaitou Kid
so do I improve more with HD on or off? >.< sorry for these newbie questions but I just cant seem to be able to tell which benefits me more.
Almost

lanxmas wrote:

so do I improve more with HD on or off? >.< sorry for these newbie questions but I just cant seem to be able to tell which benefits me more.
Play with and without it. Playing too much hidden isn't the greatest.
Cygnus
HD for me is pretty much the same with No Mod (unless < AR6). But HD makes it easier for me to read HR though except when stacks occur.
nya10
HD easier or harder? I think it is depends on the map.
When the map is "normal" (I mean not too much trap/stacks, AR not too low) , it is maybe easier than no mod. I find myself not to get dizzy playing hidden on normal maps than not using any mod.
But if the map is not normal, yeah you know what I mean :D
uzzi
I feel that if the AR of a song is higher than 9, I HAVE to play it with HD. Only because it doesn't feel like much of a difference since the notes basically appear at an almost similar rate. That's probably why HR is usually paired with it. Certain songs with non-understandable patterns can also be easier with HD since you can actually see which notes come first. So like a few others have said before, it just depends on the song really, just play with whatever makes you feel comfortable.
buny

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I feel that if the AR of a song is higher than 9, I HAVE to play it with HD. Only because it doesn't feel like much of a difference since the notes basically appear at an almost similar rate. That's probably why HR is usually paired with it. Certain songs with non-understandable patterns can also be easier with HD since you can actually see which notes come first. So like a few others have said before, it just depends on the song really, just play with whatever makes you feel comfortable.
higher ar + hd = free p0intz
Setsuen
I find HD to be easier. In fact I'm so addicted to HD that I perform WORSE without it most of the time as I panic if I see a lot of approach circles.(God knows why I don't panic at disappearing hit circles..)

The only few exception where I won't use HD is in maps where there are Hit circles stacked after sliders. However I usually switch back to HD after memorising where the "Hidden" hit circles are.
Aqo
HD only takes skill on low AR and spaced streams, on everything else it's free points. If you disagree with this go HD simplistic's masterpiece or aho's extreme fantasy and see how well you do on it.

This discussion keeps happening every month and people always need to re-realize the same things zzz
Zakdawg

lanxmas wrote:

If you do not learn to read approach circles at the beginning of the game you are going to have a bad time.
CPLs
what I think HD is easier because I always use it

somehow I got confused when I didn't use HD :o
Dexus
You get random misses because your aim is slightly off, or you don't notice stacked notes (especially under sliders) that's the only issue with hidden. It's pretty much free points especially when you learn to play by ear and predict notes instead of visually timing everything with reactions and approach rates. If for a fact you know you're hitting notes correctly and you're still getting a lot of random 100s you should make sure your offset is correct. Honestly though, if you have so much of an issue with hidden that you can't play it and mess up all the time you should spend more time playing without it.
Vesrand
I cant understand how people can play with HR or HD. If beatmap is quite slow its much easier for me to play with DT than with HD or HR.
You get random misses because your aim is slightly off, or you don't notice stacked notes (especially under sliders) that's the only issue with hidden.
This. HD is impossible to play if there are many stacked notes or complicated jumps when you cant see without circles in what order to press notes. And HR is impossible to play at all! How you guys can play HD+HR?
Dexus
You play HD+HR with practice. Try more AR8 double time with hidden and then play lots of AR10 with hidden. Mostly though people sit there and retry a lot. There are some that can outright play it but that is few.
Soulg
whenever I'm trying to HDHR a map, it depends on whether it's AR10 or AR9.8. I can read 9.8 well enough, but for AR10 I have to memorize where things like stacks are, otherwise i cant react fast enough yet. so it can be good to figure out if a map is AR7 or 8 on it's own
Almost

Dexus wrote:

You play HD+HR with practice. Try more AR8 double time with hidden and then play lots of AR10 with hidden. Mostly though people sit there and retry a lot. There are some that can outright play it but that is few.
There are plenty of people that can sight read HD HR. Most of the retries I personally need is just to improve my accuracy.
FrzR
I only hate HD on higher AR. :3