forum

[New Rule] Mapper musn't add character like mapper's name

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oyatsu
Yea, like you see. I have 1 example for this. My friend- <strong>-Umi-</strong>, when I find his map I must write that" Umi " . It is only ranked maps and ranked GDs but nope. I can see some maps of who other mappers, and it appears which maps with "Umi" tags in Love Live! School Idol Project. It made player/mapper wrong about finding his map.

SO I have like this:

No mapper can add which character's name be similar with who mapper's name
I hope I can receive some ideas for this problem.
Makar
Things like this will always happen and not just with searching mapper names. You can't really prevent it.

I mean, what if there is a mapper named dubstep? That would mean we can't add dubstep to tags and therefore finding dubstep music is impossible. The same can be said for general sources such as simply "Touhou" - if there was a mapper named touhou we will be unable to search for touhou songs. Also, some anmie are similar to others, so when you search for songs from an anime you may get songs from other anime as well. This is just part of how searching works - there are restrictions and it can never be 100% perfect.

I better suggestion would be to include a search keywork (ex: mapper=xx) much like there is now with ar=x, cs=x, hp=x, etc). But, even then it is not possible to find mappers guest difficulties, and this feature is basically already supported by just going to their profile. It would be nice to have ingame though.
Nyari
Perhaps we could have a "search for" thing? this would allow you to search for mappers only and so forth
Colin Hou
I think it's more like a feature request other than a rule?
Stefan
It's not an issue about the Search function but about the choice of the username(s).

XPJ38
That's the problem every search engine face: one word can have several meanings... Can't do much to avoid that. Unless by using some "advance search" fields to filter by creator, map name, etc. but this is more of a feature request.
Topic Starter
Oyatsu
Oh. I understood this led. So we still must meet this case when finding a map or other.
Cygnus
This problem is inevitable and there's nothing you can do about it (Makar pretty much nailed the reason exactly)

The thing is, if you want to look Umi's maps, you can just go check directly on his profile.
popner
It's not the issue of search engine - you search wisely, not search engine provides results wisely.
dkun
Adding on to everyone else; you shouldn't need to depend on the search engine if you already know the person's username. FWIW, this should be a feature request rather than a rule. It doesn't make any sense as a rule.
Topic Starter
Oyatsu
OK. I understood this. Lock help!
popner
No change then.