forum

Keyboard problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Almost
So recently, my j key sometimes actuates twice on 1 press. This has screwed up a few SS/FCs and on one occasion actually broke me on a possible rank 1 and it's really pissing me off. The one thing I noticed was that it usually occurs at the same part of a song. Does this happen with switches after they wear out or am I just hitting the key twice without realizing it?
Mathsma
It's probably the switches. Mechs arent built for osu, they can't withstand the mashing for long. I've already broken my Z,X, and C keys.
boat
Yeah that happens when your switches are getting worn out.

Linear switches tend to be more prone to breaking like this quite early, which is why I stay away from reds.

AmaiHachimitsu
Switches are built out of numerous small, light parts. Using them for typing is no prob, but mashing the keys will eventually cause problems with them, double actuation being the very first one. You have to change the keys you are using.
Topic Starter
Almost

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Switches are built out of numerous small, light parts. Using them for typing is no prob, but mashing the keys will eventually cause problems with them, double actuation being the very first one. You have to change the keys you are using.
After changing my keys and finding the problem still occurring, I looked at a few replays of the fails and noticed that it occurs because the second key is pressed at the same time for some reason. And before you think it's because I'm just hitting the other key by accident, I've tried playing it quite carefully and kept my index finger lifted in the air quite high at the same as paying close attention to whether or not I'm hitting the key or not and the problem still occurs even though I'm definitely not touching it. Any ideas?
Icyteru
record your fingers as you play. watch video after.
MiDNiGhT2903
How long have you used your keyboard for it to be spoilt liddat?
I've been using my reds for bout a year and thrs no problem.
Topic Starter
Almost

[AirCoN] wrote:

record your fingers as you play. watch video after.
I don't have anything to record with :(

MiDNiGhT2903 wrote:

How long have you used your keyboard for it to be spoilt liddat?
I've been using my reds for bout a year and thrs no problem.
Only had my keyboard since around May (not exactly sure), but I didn't start playing osu! until a month after I got.
Icyteru
Which keyboard model?
Topic Starter
Almost

[AirCoN] wrote:

Which keyboard model?
Coolermaster Storm Trigger with red switches.
Oinari-sama
Eh... I have CM QF TK Brown and I hope it doesn't die as fast...

How long have you had your red? Do you always use the same keys for osu or do you rotate them?
Topic Starter
Almost

Oinari-sama wrote:

Eh... I have CM QF TK Brown and I hope it doesn't die as fast...

How long have you had your red? Do you always use the same keys for osu or do you rotate them?
I stated approximately when I got them earlier and no I don't rotate.
TouchFluffyTail
My black widow (blues) is all kinds of screwed up from key chatter (razer quality!). I never had a problem with my reds from my QF Rapid, though I didn't get to use that for even a year before it was killed by non-build related stupidity.

All you can do about this issue is use different keys and hope they don't die aswell, or buy a cheapo membrane to play with to cut down the hardware costs that osu incurs with all the abuse. :P
MiDNiGhT2903
I hope mine don't die soon.
I'm currently using Ducky DK9087 Shine 2 and the quality of it is really good :D
Either way, I have a backup CMStorm QF Rapid.