forum

Abnormal Rank and Levels (Maybe)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Ok, I don't know if this is already talked about or not (probably is but I can't find it) but my level compared to my amount of plays and score is weird (or I don't know, out of proportion?). As of writing I have 3.3k plays at LV94, my Score is 2.2 billion. I don't know why I am LV94.

I know that the Ranking system via PP is not related here, but does the LV system works like the PP system? That would make more sense to me at least. I am not as good as "other" LV90+ nor I am able to compete with them fully.

Fine, I did see someone with 2.5k plays and LV87 but that's just a few. Most people with LV90+ has like...10-20k plays. Maybe this affect few people? Maybe few people are just like that?

Might just be my misunderstanding and might just be that I did not retry on a map as much as other people (of course I will never know this as I don't know how much other people play for a map)?

Can you explain how the LV system works? And how it relates to amount of plays or ranks? (I don't think it involves rank but just in case ^^)

Another thing might worth mentioning is that I mostly play on "Hard" and "Insane" difficulties (maybe around AR6-AR8).

PS. I'm talking about Regular osu! mode. Or wait, is it just directly proportional to the Score?...But I think I've seen people with lower LV and higher Score than me...

Thanks,
NeV
XPJ38
Level is directly linked to your total score.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
So, LV is proportional to the total score...so if I download 1000 maps and play and passed all of them with an average of 5m each map (that would make 5b) and if on all the map I have an average of rank C, my LV would be more than 94 but my rank would stay very low?

WARNING: The following paragraph is just me ranting about. I would like you to have a read but if you're not in the mood then please don't.
If that's the case then what's the point in having LV for? It doesn't show the amount of EXP a person has (the score? no. As I mention above the score can be added how ever much we want by just downloading new maps and play them (If that's even the case at least)). It shows how much the person plays, then I looked back and saw the PP ranking system "is not based on how much the person plays and focuses on the person's performance"...So I think my point for all this after all is just "How do you know if a person is good or bad at the game based on PP, Score and LV?".....wait....sorry, I think I'm making no sense right now.

Anyway, thanks for the reply ^^
NeV
Soulg
level is completely pointless and stands for nothing

to find out if someone is good or bad the best way is either A. watch their replays or B. osutp.net
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
That's what I thought.

Did a (very) little research and saw that Andrea (70+ billion) has lower LV than cookiezi (54+ billion)

>> Andrea LV102(49%) vs cookiezi LV102(57%)

NeV.

So, there's no point in having LV system in the game at all then. Oh well, now it's not like I really care (I did care).
silmarilen
alxnr
Also, if you're into numbers, see https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Score#Level
GoldenWolf

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

That's what I thought.

Did a (very) little research and saw that Andrea (70+ billion) has lower LV than cookiezi (54+ billion)

>> Andrea LV102(49%) vs cookiezi LV102(57%)
XPJ38 said the total score though, not the ranked score.
buny
people that play harder maps tend to have a lot more retries and less total score.

not sure why you went so in depth for something that doesn't even have its own rankings. It's purely there just for another indicator of how long a person has been playing for
Full Tablet

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

If that's the case then what's the point in having LV for? It doesn't show the amount of EXP a person has (the score? no. As I mention above the score can be added how ever much we want by just downloading new maps and play them (If that's even the case at least)). It shows how much the person plays, then I looked back and saw the PP ranking system "is not based on how much the person plays and focuses on the person's performance"...So I think my point for all this after all is just "How do you know if a person is good or bad at the game based on PP, Score and LV?".....wait....sorry, I think I'm making no sense right now.
For grinding level it's more efficient to play a long marathon map you can FC over and over again, not playing each ranked beatmap set once.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

buny wrote:

people that play harder maps tend to have a lot more retries and less total score.

not sure why you went so in depth for something that doesn't even have its own rankings. It's purely there just for another indicator of how long a person has been playing for

Well, sorry for that. I've only been playing for 3 months and know quite nothing of how to play except the Regular osu! mode. I thought that if there is an LV system, they (or peppy) might put some priority into it.

I don't think it is "just for another indicator of how long a person has been playing for" either because I have more level than of those playing for 1years+

NeV
GoldenWolf
"How much* a person has been playing for" would be more accurate
buny

GoldenWolf wrote:

"How much* a person has been playing for" would be more accurate
yep meant this sorry