forum

[resolved] Account Recovery Email

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luiz_old
Not sure where to post this, but yesterday i got a couple of "Account Recovery" Emails from my Osu account, which i never asked for.

"Hi Luiz,

Either you or someone pretending to be you has requested a password recovery on your osu! account.

Your verification code is: ******

If you did not request this, please ignore this email."

So it says I should ignore it, but is there something else I should do? As it seems someone is trying to access my account without my permission and I would prefer not to get hacked or anything similiar..

Thanks in advance!
mekadon_old
Ignore it?
Topic Starter
Luiz_old

mekadon wrote:

Ignore it?

Luiz wrote:

So it says I should ignore it, but is there something else I should do?
something else

S O M E T H I N G E L S E

E M O T E S E N G L I S H

Emotes english!
Jarby
If you think your password is insecure on either your osu! account or your email, set a stronger one. Pretty sure anyone can request a code to be sent to your email with only your username though, so it's not like you necessarily have to worry about keyloggers or anything.
boat
Just ignore it, nobody wants your shitty osu! account anyways.
Topic Starter
Luiz_old
It's shitty alright, but clearly someone does...
Rorona
Maybe you took someone's old name, and suddenly they came back to the game only to find out that they couldn't log in?
boat

Luiz wrote:

It's shitty alright, but clearly someone does...
Even if they did, what you're seeing is the system preventing whoever that might be from getting it.

Chances are it's a mistake anyways though, because osu! accounts are pretty much useless.

If you're paranoid about it, scan for keyloggers and change your passwords lol
MillhioreF
Alternately, change your osu! email address to a secondary email that you don't care much about. Out of sight, out of mind (but make sure you still have access if you genuinely need to recover your password)