forum

S3RL - MTC (CruciA Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakuya Yukari
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 04, 2013 at 4:18:12 PM

Artist: S3RL
Title: MTC (CruciA Remix)
Tags: S3RL CruciA Remix Dubstep Electronic
BPM: 175
Filesize: 3008kb
Play Time: 01:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Clean-Minded (1.4 stars, 51 notes)
  2. Ecchi!!! (4.53 stars, 258 notes)
  3. Hentai!!! (4.96 stars, 451 notes)
Download: S3RL - MTC (CruciA Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap! Sorry if so many problems >.< Feel free to give me suggestions on how to map better.
This map is 18+ for sexual references.

11/4/2013
Fixed Offset
Rearranged a few notes
BounceBabe
Hey, from the "non-japanese" Queue!

Currently the whole mapset needs changing, i don't know if you have the mood to remap everything but here is my advice and i hope it helps you.

> The offset you are looking for is 1. Offset: 22ms BPM: 175,00. Then after you changed the offset, you need to resnap your whole map. Go to timing > resnap all notes.

> I give you a small "Guide" on what you need to take care of and how you start things.

1. 1. Hitsounding - Your hitsound are way too loud and the normal sample set should be used at this part 00:54:910 - and not before. The part before is very soft and not loud so you should use the soft sample set. Press F3 and go to the Timing Setup Panel which leads you to the settings you can change for hitsound, timing and so on. When it's open there are 3 tabs; Timing, Audio, Style. Go to Audio and change the sampleset there to Soft. You can change the volume on how you want to there as well. To make it quiet or louder.
  2. 2. Spacing changing - In the compose part (F1) there are your mapping tools and also the spacing settings. Upper right corner there is the Beat snap divisor. Now press and hold the key "Alt" on your keyboard and watch what happens; the distance spacing appears. You can change it now on which level you want. Depending on which difficultie you map you should adjust it. Of course on easier difficulties you should keep it lower. The spacing changes with the BPM as well. Due to your BPM being 175 the spacing is pretty big. Keep your spacing consistant, don't change it, unless you want to make jumps on harder difficulties. Spacing is an important tool to have a guideline on how to map and play beatmaps.
  3. 3. Comboing - Combos are there to make pattern (placement of elements according to your style) not too long. The colours can be adjusted as well towards the BG. Your combo pattern shouldn't be too long, especially on Easy difficulties. For example; http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1078892 this would be perfect combowise. Dont abuse NC (New Combo/ing), please or else it's considered as combo spam and will definately be modded.
  4. 4. Consistancy in spacing - It's an important thing, as i said, to keep spacing consistant. It doesn't confuse players and gives the a better playment. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1078898 Spacing as such is very hard to read. You have the 1 2 3 pattern being the same spacing but from 4 to 1 its totally different, but you have the same 1/1 rythm (the white ticks on the top of the screen are 1/1 ticks, 1 full beat). This can confuse players and lead to missclicks. You need to be aware of this when making such spacing changes. Always think of how to use them.
  5. 5. Overmapping - This is something terrible and not good to do. It is called overmapping because you placed too many objects at one place where the song itselfs doesn't allow it. For example this; http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1078901, listen to the song at this part and you can hear that there is no actual BG music or vocal to map to. You need to remove things like this. Before that obviously you need to change the timing before that. Atm, its very messed up and needs fixing.
  6. 6. Sperad -The spread is the overall difficulties together in one set. It's how they work together. A good spread for example is Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane or Easy, Normal, Hard. You should avoid having jump in the spread, like; Easy, Insane. Players don't have a build up in difficultness and can't enjoy the mapset as much. Always make a good spread to make it enjoyable.
> How to map an Easy

1. It's very important to keep your spacing the same, if you make spacing changes, slow or speed ups (slowing or speeding up slider) on the map then it will definately confuse beginners and cause missunderstandings.
2. You should mainly focus on 1/1 patterns, 1/2 are ok but should be only used when its 100% clear that you have to play 1/2 at this part. 1/1 are white ticks, as i said already. 1/2 beats are the red ticks.
3. The slider velocity, which you change in the timing tab (F3) should be very slow so beginners can follow the patterns easy.
4. Big Circle Size (CS) and slow Approach Rate (AR) are also recommended for Easy difficulties, but can vary if the song allows it.
5. Keep the movements of the pattern in a row. Don't make weird patterns which are hard to read and play for beginners. Try to make long snake patterns.

If you keep an eye on these things you will improve in mapping a lot. If you need further help with how to change things and else, contact me anytime i'm on an i'll help you.
Topic Starter
Sakuya Yukari
Ahh ok thanks a lot! I'll find some time to fix everything.