forum

[invalid] Disable Kiai [Epileptic Users]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +332
show more
Topic Starter
_dog

baraatje123 wrote:

What I meant to say, is that when Kiai is invisible, how do you know that you gat more points. I'd say it makes a note when kiai stars, like the one in the editor, so you know you get more points
It doesn't really matter, this is to hekp people, not to get higher on the leaderboards, and theres already a skinnable bar for kiai in taiko, the flashes are seperate so they will still know that they're getting a score increase without the effect of the flashes.
MiDNiGhT2903
I freaking hate those blinding lights. When I'm playing osu at night with lights off, the light blinds me and I miss the next beat. Really frustrating imo.
I have even disabled most of the lighting options in settings D:
peppy
kiai can not trigger epilepsy.
TheVileOne
It could probably cause headaches, frame drops, and reduces the visibility of the bouncing repeat arrow. The cursor trail can also be seen as a distraction. You can disable most other things. I'm not sure what you mean about it being an integrated feature, but it can't possibly be so integrated into the system if the game can disable it simply by not having kiai toggled for a timing line. An extra if statement could change the value to a regular timing line during mapload. Score bonuses could still be applied like a regular kiai section.
krndude
Cool. I have epilepsy actually. I had my first seizure in 8th grade and a few after that until I was diagnosed around my freshman year of high school ~9 years ago. Personally, I have not had a problem with kiai but the degree and severity differ from person to person. I am medicated but some others may not be not, therefore having a higher chance of having a seizure. I'm pretty sure that I'll never have a seizure because of osu! but like I said it differs depending on the person. However, I don't see anything wrong with being able to disable it; so I support.
Alarido
Support for those users they need we support this ^.^

Let's open the game to more people :)
xtrem3x
or invisible Kiai Time specifically for epileptic Players.
Trash Boat
here's a better idea: Black Kiai time
peppy

Alarido wrote:

Support for those users they need we support this ^.^

Let's open the game to more people :)
please see my previous post. there is no way focused lighting like this can trigger epilepsy.
YunoFanatic

peppy wrote:

This is a YES. If you want to (really) disable kiai time you should found more interesting idea/ reasons for disabling such as ppy doesnt approve because ''kiai cannot trigger epilepsy. And why should we disable it, it was the fun part of the music/beatmap well as TheVileOne says we can disable most other things so i dont know why should we have this option though
Kodora

peppy wrote:

Simple this, lol. Is there are at least one case when kiai trigger epilepsy?

KIAI is fun, and not really that bothersome :|
Topic Starter
_dog
I get mild headaches sometimes from the circle flash and cursor effects. Also seeing as its not only the background that has a subtle light but multiple things altogether which also depends on bpm it still has a chance.
MiDNiGhT2903

Kodora wrote:

peppy wrote:

Simple this, lol. Is there are at least one case when kiai trigger epilepsy?

KIAI is fun, and not really that bothersome :|
KIAI to me is the most annoying thing ever D:
Unless im playing with bright light around me.
Trash Boat
do i have to repeat myself again? BLACK KIAI!!! Lights may induce eplepsy, but darkness not
BigFatCow
I would throw it in for people who want the option to disable Kiai.The ones who want to keep it enabled can leave it on.

It doesn't sound too hard to program, and in the end, both parties win.
PyaKura
Yeah, I can see why disabling it could be nice for some highly epileptic users even though I believe it is not really a priority. I don't think it is hard to code (I have 0 knowledge on programming but well, it's a simple toggle isn't it?) so as someone stated above, both parties win.
I guess I support this.
micosino19
Not only it'll help the epileptic problem, it'll also help me from playing more accurately. my eyes are slowly losing focus from all the hours i'v sunken down while playing in front of a computer.

You have my support : D
theramdans
this will make make my fps more than 80 during the kiai
I usually get 40-60 during it (below 40 the game lags and I rage shortly after)
TheVileOne
You know could people just skin the kiai if they were epileptic. I've seen beatmaps have custom kiai fountains.
PyaKura

TheVileOne wrote:

You know could people just skin the kiai if they were epileptic. I've seen beatmaps have custom kiai fountains.
Wouldn't be very user friendly if you ask me, but yeah true.
fsxd_old
This should have a toggle in the options.
Goopy

peppy wrote:

ughh... it slightly does. like when i play a fast bpm game/dt'ed/hr/ or on o!m when i play fast speed to play more accurate than the slow.
sudden kiai blanks my mind. but the people around my computer shop reacts like im shaking. also my mom said that too. resulting to miss the next combo.

:( :cry: :cry: :(
chox_old
this will be moved to completed request marked as invalid just like everything which doesn't concern majority of players, casual players -> the main target of this game it seems rofl
but well, atleast you tried.
also @epileptic people, i guess you can disable those things by editing skin, like making star2.png transparent or something.
Trash Boat

chox wrote:

this will be moved to completed request marked as invalid just like everything which doesn't concern majority of players, casual players -> the main target of this game it seems rofl
but well, atleast you tried.
also @epileptic people, i guess you can disable those things by editing skin, like making star2.png transparent or something.
who are you to say that? we are not going down WITHOUT A FIGHT!
chox_old

battler077 wrote:

who are you to say that? we are not going down WITHOUT A FIGHT!
just experience, really
i wish you good luck anyway
Raiku
bumpy chyieaiy hurty eye
buny
kiai time hardly even flashes...
[BAR] Rei
As a Kiai Time hater, I give this a star.
10crystalmask01
lol even for non-epileptic people like me, is slightly annoyed of the Kai time flash - Especially when the objects itself are in a brighter tone of colors (at times even disabling skin and combo colors won't help...).

This is a very considerate and thoughtful request you've made :) It deserves another vote.
Shivarion
i like this one... eventhough i'm not an epileptic user but kiai time sometimes make my laptop laggy
Pannari
I support this, let's give everyone a possibility to play.
Derekku

peppy wrote: