mm seeing as someone already has put a genre in it, glitch hop might be helpful in tags
Modding only top diff for efficiency's sake. also, 3 days too early for 2kd, oh well, ill make up for my lack of quantity by losing some quality.
- 00:01:978 - there is no beat here wtf soft set this or change to circle
- 00:23:479 (4) - spacing way too high lol pls stick it on top of 5
- 00:26:751 (2) - too burai
- 00:31:570 (6) - nc
- 00:44:661 (4) - spacing way too high lol pls stick it on the right of 5
- 01:02:751 (1,1,1) - unreadable speed change
- 01:05:479 (1,1) - blanket this better wehehehe
- 01:28:115 (4,5,1) - you are going to make some players very unhappy. i approve
- 01:50:751 (1,1) - nice blanket nerd
- 01:51:297 (1,1) - ^ triggernaut
- 02:13:024 (6) - is better stacked naer the 1 imo
- 02:15:024 (6,1) - you're worse at blankets than i am
- 02:41:933 (4,5) - this is easily the most unreadable pattern in the entire map holy shit. move that 4 somewhere else so it doesnt look like 234 is a triangular pattern
The K on Sample.Thanks! Accepted what I didnt deny.
Hi there. From either Modhelp or Modreq, whichever one.
Note that whatever I say is my own opinion so you do not have to follow everything I say.
San: Since it is a collab with Kyshiro, you could try Kiiraye's San (not that good with names) denied, the names follow a specific theme, I'd prefer leaving it as is, he is credited in tags and discription.
I still notice it is not finished yet
1) 00:28:388 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - For a little bit of a challenge, perhaps you can make the distance between 3 and 4 a little bit larger, and the 2nd set of 1,2 a little bit larger than 3,4 in terms of distance. denied, there is no change in the music to warrant an increase in spacing, this is good as is.
2) 00:36:570 (7) - When she says 'Hey', she holds the word 'Hey', so to reflect that, wouldn't it make sense to have a slider here (perhaps 1/2 or 3/4)? You seem to do this everytime, and it feels weird considering that you do this for almost every other difficulty. Denied, it can also be emphasized by leaving it blank as it is, this is kyshiros twist and I like it.
1) AI mod reports unsnapped notes.
2) 00:32:115 (5) - I would rather have the slider start at 00:32:206. It sounds a lot better. fair point, but i have to pass, I'm undermapping to make it more playable as a hard diff, it will be pretty hard if I map all these parts including the double before it which I'd have to since that the sound i follow
1/3 - 1/6 mapping does throw me off admittedly, but I thought it was fine. I did not like the last diff, but since the song feels jumpy, the jumpy feeling in the last diff is justified.
I really could not find much fault with it.
Edit: I apologize for such a short mod. I have not modded in quite a while, so I am out of that modding mentality.
hi (づ•◡•)づThanks for the mod! again accepted all I didnt reply to.
btw for Ichi, it's recommended to have used distance snap and stuff, but it's fine
This is mostly personal preference
00:24:570 (2,1) - the overlap doesn't look particulary nice imo
00:41:479 (1,2) - same here
01:10:933 (3,4) - lel here too don't agree here but the others are changed, I think this is fine
-- are these intended to look like this?
01:14:751 (4) - this slider felt weird to play looks nice tho!
01:37:115 (5,6) - weird overlap again
01:40:933 (3,4) - you get the idea ^,^ overlap here is needed cuz spacing is pretty low
01:46:388 (4) - another one which felt unusual to play looks nice too!
-- sliders op
02:10:661 (7,1) - this isn't too bad, but just decided to point it out
thats all im gonna do cuz im tired and stuff
I was shipped in here by the Haxwell Mafioso so here's your mod.Applied everything listed, about the normal diff, I did fix things up as discussed in terms of consistency.
- Disable countdown
- You still need to remove the heiju.png file because it isn't used.
- Why does the AR jump from 3 to 8 between Ichi and Nii? Way too big of a jump...
- 00:01:312 - There's a green line here that serves no purpose from what I can see.
- 00:26:751 (1) - This slider seems fairly unrankable. It's not quite a burai slider but it overlaps itself in such a sharp angle that it appears as one while playing. I recommend you don't have this overlap as hard because it's unneedingly difficult to read.
- 00:53:479 (3,4) - Just double check to make sure this is rankable, since 3 completely covers the head of 4. Also check these:
- 01:10:933 (3,4) -
- 01:02:751 (1,1,1) - Not sure why the 2nd circle has a NC on it. Also, just wanna make sure you know that the spacing is uneven.. not sure if it's intentional.
- 01:28:115 (4,5,1) - You could space these out a bit because the 1/6 is really hard to read. Also consider it here:
- 02:37:933 (5,6,1) -
- 01:39:933 - There's a pretty loud beep noise here that deserves to be mapped.
- 01:43:570 (2,1,1,2,1,1) - Check up on your rhythm here. If you're mapping to either the beeps or the percussion, you missed some stuff that could've been mapped. It just doesn't seem like this section follows the song.
- 01:55:115 (1,2) - Try this rhythm instead: http://i.imgur.com/KigQ1eM.png Also consider it in these as well:
02:12:570 (4,5) -
- 02:03:297 (3,4) - The transition between these two sliders feels too sharp and awkward. I don't think such a sharp change in flow is fitting here, not to mention its already very hard to read because most of 4 is covered by 3.
- 02:04:933 (2) - NC here because of the change in slider velocity and for consistency.
- 02:16:933 (6) - NC because of the velocity change too?
- 02:21:842 - This here can follow the rhythm of 02:26:206 because it's the same sound.
Alright, so in a diff this easy, you need to keep spacing consistent. It's all over the place currently. You're gonna get shit for it not being consistent throughout from BNs and in its current state I'm worried about its rankability.
noobmod, you decide if it's kudosu worthy :d yee, it's short, don't know how to mod this properlyThanks, I changed up ncs after this post, it's in order now, accepted everything!
- 01:02:751 (6,1) - this is too stacked imo, looks a bit weird on a lower difficulty and might cause readabililty problems?
- 01:40:388 (5) - put a circle on 01:40:933 - for a better emphasis i'd say instead of a reverseslider
Mhh, standard normal diff i'd say, looked a bit boring though because of the constant 1/2 rhythm choices
- 00:27:842 (4) - NC with a SV here would fit
- 00:33:661 (4) - Ctrl+J here? looks better to me, the whole pattern in general here looks weird, i'd make it more like that http://puu.sh/pluKU/693072b6ce.jpg
- 00:37:661 (2) - there has to be a cooler rhythm choice than a 1/2 slider
- 01:10:934 (1) - Inconsistent NC with 00:53:479 (3) -
- 00:30:842 (2,3) - I find things like this hard to read because of the long combos.
- 01:54:570 (5) - NC missing here?
[General]Thanks! changed everything I didnt reply to!
- 00:02:437 - 00:02:624 - sounds early to me, especially 00:02:624 (4) - I think you might need another timing point
- it's still rankable, but you could try to cut out some of the unmapped outro to reduce file size. For example, you could just fade out the music after the spinner like this http://puu.sh/poZhN/5835798e59.mp3 (you would need to readjust the offset if you use this one)
missing hitsounds for lower diffsnvm, i'm guessing it's still WIP since highest diff is also missing hitsounds for half the map
- I would swap the order of some your combo colors since the three orange ones are petty similar http://puu.sh/pp0m0/f72bd83695.jpg
- might be a nice visual effect to color-hax this diff so slow or fast sliders have a certain combo color to represent them
- some of your 1/6 stacks have NC on the top note and others have NC on the bottom note. not sure if intentional or not. Same with San diff
- 00:21:024 (3,4,5) - prefer DS here or bigger spacing between 00:21:388 (5,6) - to make rhythm more clear. I see this pattern all the time in tv-size maps where everything is 1/2 rhythm, so I instantly thought that 00:21:024 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - was all 1/6 spacing here instead of a mix of 1/3 and 1/6
- 01:40:115 (1,2) - would prefer slightly bigger spacing here
- 00:23:933 - maybe add a note here. There's a more distinct sound on the the beat than at other places denied, doesnt make sense to me as its a progressing sound sort of
- 00:53:479 (1) - 02:03:297 (1) - 02:20:751 (1) - etc... remove NC. The vocalist is literally saying 1-2-3 NC is for speed change
- 01:40:388 (6) - NC. It would be nice to keep combo number in single digits imo
- 00:33:479 (3) - ctrl+g so spacing between 00:33:024 (2,3) - more clear I think this is fine but sure
- 00:38:388 (4,5) - reposition this a little so spacing between 00:38:478 (5,6) - is something like ~2.1x imo since slider leniency makes this distance feel smaller than it actually is
- 00:49:661 (5,1) - looks better if you auto-stack, like at 01:05:206 (8,1) - 01:07:115 (5,1) -
- 00:18:249 - pulling out all the stops with that custom break time
- 1.3DS would avoid all those touchy overlaps and make spread a little more even but then you would need to remap kappa
- 01:19:661 (7,8) - 02:29:479 (7,8) - try changing both to 1/2 sliders to capture more sounds? song feels kinda intense here I try to keep it easy as it's the lowest diff, those sounds are very complex
- 01:45:842 (3,4) - i'm getting triggered. move this to [238,178] for perfect square redid this already
- 02:18:570 (1) - 02:31:661 (1) - remove NC
- 02:25:115 (1,2) - swap NC
- 02:37:115 (1,2,3,4) - use ctrl+> man
- 01:00:024 (2,3) - 01:05:479 (3,4) - 02:15:297 (3,4) - 02:43:661 (1,2) - blanket better if you care
- yeah your higher diffs I didn't really comment on NC patterns since I didn't understand it, but here, the inconsistencies in your NC patterns are pretty obvious if you compare similar parts of song such as the two kiai sections
Flow and rhythms are pretty nice and mapset looks fairly polished already. GL~
GreetingsHuge thanks for the mod, awaiting a response eagerly!
Was going to see previous responses and stuff to get a feel for what you've got going but looks like most are missing, so you should respond to those. I'll just quickly look over the easier difficulties in the meantime.
- Where did you get your metadata from? I got it from his soundcloud, for some reason it's not there anymore... Anyway the vocals are from sampled from http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17410276 which is a cover of the "beatles - hey jude"
- 00:01:312 (1) - This and 00:00:572 (1) - are pretty similar sounds, and are also in the same measure musically, and as such it would make sense if they were grouped together in the same combo. I realize there's an uninherited section here, but it doesn't deviate that badly. Basically remove the NC on 00:01:312 (1) - . Goes for the other difficulties as well.
yeah so as you said there's a new timing point there, which I'm indicating with the NC. I'm not sure if it's allowed not to nc them, I don't believe it is tbh
- 00:19:661 (1,1) - Why would the combo change between these but not 00:21:842 (3,4) - ? Would probably make more sense if the NC on 00:20:751 (1) - were to be moved to 00:21:842 (3) - instead. If not, 00:22:933 (4) - would have one, but that would look a bit odd in my opinion.
- 01:17:479 (2,3,4) - This is quite clearly different in the song to 01:18:570 (5,6,7) - , so for contrast, I'd suggest you change this first one into a circle and slider, in consistency with 01:13:115 (2,3) - . Also happens at 02:27:297 (2,3,4) - and 02:44:751 (2,3,4) - .
- 01:31:661 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - I feel like this 1/2 train might be a bit much. Generally new players will find a lot of trouble in consecutive sliders like this, so changing 01:33:297 (7) - to a circle could solve this, as well as emphasizing the vocals. Same goes for 01:37:661 - .
- 01:46:388 - Guessing there's a missed clap here. o yeah copied hitsounds and there's a spinner in the higher diffs, fixed on both ichi and nii
- Speaking of hitsounding, why are 01:34:388 - 01:47:479 - different, but 01:47:479 - 01:42:024 - the same? I mean using the same hitsounds for different sounds and different hitsounds for same sounds makes very little sense in regards to audible feedback. Either stick to using a pattern or stick to reflecting specific sounds with the hitsounds, right now it seems quite inconsistent. I'd think the more prominent sounds like claps would be consistent at the very least.
Those are completely different sections, from 01:46:933 (1) - onwards it follows the hitsound patterns from the same parts earlier in the song here 00:37:116 (1) - onwards. That section in the middle is unique so I hitsounded it different. Every same sound doesn't need to have the same hitsound does it? Since it differs in context.
- 00:29:751 - I'd also think some whistles like 00:28:933 - would be used on the sliders ahead of it in a pattern as well, and not right after a downbeat the first time and right before the next 00:32:206 - . Well, there's some things to look into here I guess. Would really like for the hitsounds to be more consistent, within their relative sections, if possible. By consistent I mean in accordance with the song, so sounds should preferably be reflected equally throughout the same section, etc, you get the idea.
- 02:51:842 (7,1,2,3) - This part seems to stand out a bit much due to being different from the rest, while there's nothing in the music suggesting this. If you're trying to go for variation, implement this in some previous pattern as well so it doesn't come so suddenly. Otherwise change 02:51:297 - to a 1/1 slider, 02:52:115 - to a circle, 02:52:388 (1,2,3) - to a 1/1 slider and 02:53:479 (9) - to a circle and slider. Refer to 02:42:570 - .
I see what you mean, I changed that part but the kiais are divided into different parts you see, the first half and second half, they are mapped different in every kiai, so I applied how I mapped on the second parts of the kiais here 01:22:933 (4) - and here 02:32:751 (4) - which makes better sense than what I had before, thanks!
- 00:28:933 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - Section could get quite confusing due to having multiple layers followed at the same time and switched between frequently. 00:28:661 - and 00:28:933 - are followed in the beginning, but get ignored at 00:30:024 - in exchange for the sound on 00:29:933 - , which was not followed at 00:28:842 - . Alright, so it switches. That's okay, but afterwards it switches again. Suddenly 00:31:024 - is ignored again and 00:31:115 - is prioritized. Then at 00:32:115 - , 00:32:206 - is skipped again. I sort of get what you're doing here, but in practice, especially for a Hard difficulty, it's going to be quite unexpected. I'd recommend you either only follow one layer, or only switch between measures. Look at what was done in the insane difficulty here, for instance. Much more predictable.
I get what you mean, I added a note here 00:31:024 (2) - and 00:32:661 (8) - (+ whistle) to make it consistent, what do you think?
- 00:34:297 (6) - Looks a bit odd after 00:33:479 (3,4,5) - , since it still has that sound at 00:34:388 - . Don't really see the point in having things differ like that without any cues for it. fixed as above
- 00:38:751 - Skipping a sound this prominent is probably not a good idea. May be that players mistake it for being 00:38:933 - or similar, thus hurting the gameplay experience. Even just adding a circle here would make it much better in terms of rhythm. This applies to 00:43:115 - , 00:47:479 - , 00:51:842 - and so on as well, so make sure to check over this thoroughly.
- 00:46:388 (2,3) - Very slight overlap going on here.
- 01:11:479 (1) - This combo color has not appeared in Ichi, nor does it even have them. Ichi and San have the same color sets, but Hey Jude and Nii doesn't... hmmm. For the sake of consistency throughout the mapset you could try mashing them all together into one color set and then using the colorhaxing stuff for all difficulties.
hmm perhaps I should just remove those alltogether and only have the colors on heiju do?
- 00:28:388 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Not quite sure what you're going for with these combos, but I'd think having this whole back and forth section the same combo would make more sense, right?
- Also speaking of that section, I still have no clue what you're doing with your hitsounds lol. Finishes look really randomly placed, may catch people off-guard and make it seem like they missed some note or clicked too early or something. Not really preferable. heh right, fixed that stuff up a bit, lmk what you think!
- Going to wait until I can see the responses to mods before modding further.
Might want to recheck your hitsounding to make sure it's all consistent and makes sense with the song. From what I can see, it looks quite inconsistent as it is, and loses a lot of relevance to the song like this. Would like to hear what the idea behind it is as well, so I can cater my suggestions towards improving that concept. I'm guessing kiai and non-kiai is how the hitsound collab was arranged? yeah exactly
I'll return to see how things have been going and potentially help out with hitsounding and stuff later, after mods have gotten their replies.
@Kencho let's wait with rebubbling this until then
yeah so as you said there's a new timing point there, which I'm indicating with the NC. I'm not sure if it's allowed not to nc them, I don't believe it is tbhActually, there's nothing that says it isn't allowed, so you can do whatever you want with it. If you want to keep the NC, I'd be fine with that as well, just think it's a bit odd, due to it being in the same musical group in the song.
I get what you mean, I added a note here 00:31:024 (2) - and 00:32:661 (8) - (+ whistle) to make it consistent, what do you think?It is more consistent like this, but... it doesn't really change that it's harder to read than the same section in the next difficulty. Prioritizing the sounds on the beats themselves up until 00:32:751 - would make the rhythm much more recognizable for a Hard.
00:38:751 - Skipping a sound this prominent is probably not a good idea. May be that players mistake it for being 00:38:933 - or similar, thus hurting the gameplay experience. Even just adding a circle here would make it much better in terms of rhythm. This applies to 00:43:115 - , 00:47:479 - , 00:51:842 - and so on as well, so make sure to check over this thoroughly.I see you did something for these, but generally you'd want to refrain from placing circles under slider ends like at 00:38:751 (6) - . Could always make it work as a transition into the next one instead. We are dealing with a Hard, after all. Having things readable is vital for the gameplay experience in easier difficulties like this.
hmm perhaps I should just remove those alltogether and only have the colors on heiju do?Would make more sense like that at least. Might be able to implement the colorhaxing for San instead, since it includes some of the elements reflected by the colors, for example the slower sliders, but up to you.