forum

Citron starring Nakajima Megumi - nO limiT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiJi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 2:45:39 AM

Artist: Citron starring Nakajima Megumi
Title: nO limiT
Source: Basquash OP
Tags: Anime
BPM: 135
Filesize: 10846kb
Play Time: 03:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.71 stars, 421 notes)
  2. Normal (3.82 stars, 212 notes)
Download: Citron starring Nakajima Megumi - nO limiT
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Yosha!
Ya'll ready for my debut classic EiJi style hard map? Here you go.
Few notes.
1) I'm aware this song has already been mapped by someone else and is in Completed, but:
A) His is the TV version. Mine is the full version.
B) This one has a different vocalist. (This song has about 4 different versions, and his and mine are different.)
And lastly, as with my last map as well as future maps, this is mapped to '07-08 standards. I'm not interested in getting future maps ranked. I'm not going to adjust my mapping style to meet the new standards. Those who enjoy my maps, enjoy my mapping style and that is not going to change, regardless of what new standards are put in place.
Lastly, I do plan to make an easier version, expect that probably by tomorrow, unless I feel up to it after I take a break after I submit this.
I still need to finish adding sounds to the song, but I'm tired atm, I'll finish that in a bit.
That's all for now. Enjoy!
Normal added, though not complete, one minute is done. I'm having a terribly hard time mapping normal out of this song. :(
My, oh my. What a terrible normal map. But whatever, I've mapped over two mins, that's enough.
8/13: Sounds finished. Maps done.
8/22: Gladi's requests.

Sup peeps. I've been gone quite some time. Hard to believe it's been three years since I've been seriously active. I kind of want to get back into mapping, but lets face it, my maps are generic and most find them boring. But that's just the way it is, that's my 'mapping style'.
Needless to say, before I even bother attempting a comeback, I would like to know if there's even any interest in my maps these days. That being said, I have two maps from long ago that I will be reviving just this once. I consider these two maps to be good ol' EiJi quality. If these two maps are not received well, then I'll know that my mapping days are over. Which is not to say I'll never map again, but rather that I won't aim for ranking.
So, here we go. This is one of two old maps being revived.
MegaManEXE
Shouldn't it be Nakajima Megumi for the artist's name?
Topic Starter
EiJi
Should it? Hmm. Unless Nipponsei screwed up the translations, which they're not exactly known to do.

I'll look in to it, though.

Edit: Hm, weird. Google shows it should be Megumi, too. Where the hell did the Ai come from?

Title: Basquash! Insert Song Single - Running on
Artist: Tomatsu Haruka & Nakajima Ai & Hayami Saori
Street Release Date: June 17, 2009
bad translation? O.O
Hanyuu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
EiJi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
GladiOol
Topic Starter
EiJi

Gladi wrote:

00:22:33 (inherit point) - v - Done.
00:35:66 (inherit point) - v - Done.
01:35:22 (inherit point) - Make the inherit point start off earliër, because if you click late now, the note will still be heared as a 'normal hitsound'. - Done.
01:49:44 (inherit point) - ^ same as above. - Done.

Offset. Seems fine.

Hard.
00:13:88 (10) - Extend with 1/4. - No. Follows beat.
00:16:55 (5) - Clap (?) - Sure. Most of my hitsounds are randomly placed anyway. I fail at hitsounds.
00:27:66 (12) - Spacing. Weird lil' jump, kinda confusing. - It's just for cosmetic purposes. Didn't think anyone would notice it. But since it was, fixed.
00:40:77 (x) - Extra note (?) - No.
01:10:88 (x) - Extra note (?) - No.
01:12:66 (x) - Extra note (?) - No.
02:09:22 (x) - Extra note (?) - No.
02:30:55 (1) - Make this start 1/4 later. - Done.
(nazi) 03:30:77 (7) - move one grid lvl to the right to make the pattern look nicer. - Done, and I hereby declare you the new Echo. ;)

Normal.
Looks fine.

I hope this will get ranked soon, since your maps are always fun =D.
Starred.~
Thanks for modding. And thanks for the star.
riffy
Welcome back, I guess.

Just unrankable and important things because it's more important.

[General]
  1. You MUST have a dff that is easier than 3,24 stars. It is a rule! Think about beginners!
  2. Your mp3 is unrankable It has 320 kbps bitrate, which is much higher than rankable (128-192kbps) We have that limit to reduce beatmap size and make it downloadable for people with slow connection
  3. Set a preview point. It should be done, because it's a rule.
  4. Source is Basquash! and op should be moved to tags. Add opening in tags as well. And remove Anime from tags because this is a genre and it'll be added after rank.
  5. DO NOT use Slider Tick rate 4 unless you have a good reason to do it. It's a guideline.
  6. Do not use 1/4 notes cause it's the way too hard for normal-players. Not a rule, just STRONG recommendation (Normal).
  7. Cut unused part of mp3 file and nd both diffs at the same point. Consistency ALWAYS makes mapset better.
In fact, try to read http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Normal it will help you.

Just let me know if you want me to explain you some things, I guess osu!editor is totally different from old osu!editor.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.