forum

Impossible to snap with tablet

posted
Total Posts
show more
Alice S

qual1tY wrote:

There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions. When someone asks for tips they don't want to be told to practice? Everyone knows that is what you have to do, but often there are tiny stuff that you guys do automatically that we don't even think of. And then it's the question should i practice for half a year and figure it out or ask for tips and be able to practice it the right way from the very beginning.
uh any practice is good practice

We can't exactly tell you how to snap, you know what it is and you know what you have to do. Practice, stop complaining.
GoldenWolf
Except there is no "Right way" since it's about preferences.
SjokoladeBolla

qual1tY wrote:

There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions. When someone asks for tips they don't want to be told to practice? Everyone knows that is what you have to do, but often there are tiny stuff that you guys do automatically that we don't even think of. And then it's the question should i practice for half a year and figure it out or ask for tips and be able to practice it the right way from the very beginning.
I don't understand why you're so rude, but the thing is.. When you see a really good player, you pick up these small things and try them out. Often you don't think about all these things before you _see_ them or get them explained. That's how a good answer to a question like this can really help.
Not everyone have it figured out, but when you try to mimic someone else's tendencies playing, you pick out stuff you like and can improve more rapidly as you get help and options picking the stuff you prefer. If your not going to answer him properly why bother posting these nasty and rude reply's?
Alice S
No one's being rude, we're just saying we can't tell you how to use your hands
GoldenWolf

qual1tY wrote:

I don't understand why you're so rude, but the thing is.. When you see a really good player, you pick up these small things and try them out. Often you don't think about all these things before you _see_ them or get them explained. That's how a good answer to a question like this can really help.
Not everyone have it figured out, but when you try to mimic someone else's tendencies playing, you pick out stuff you like and can improve more rapidly as you get help and options picking the stuff you prefer. If your not going to answer him properly why bother posting these nasty and rude reply's?

GoldenWolf wrote:

Oh well, common sense would be watching videos of pro players (they're easy to find, really) and look at their pen grip and just try to copy them, and see how it works for you.
You should read the replies
RaneFire
Play [Insanes]. They are the only mapsets which may require you to snap. [Hards] do not because they follow distance spacing rules and all you are doing is forcing a habit which is not needed there.

Your skill in osu!, and in general, stems from a few factors. I'll name 2:
1) Motivation
2) Your ability to adapt. i.e. Self-learning.

The best players are excellent at self-learning, and have very different playstyles. And they practice A LOT.

Whereas all the n00bs pretty much copy cookiezi's style to a detail and suck. (Or another fav player)
SjokoladeBolla

GoldenWolf wrote:

qual1tY wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

Oh well, common sense would be watching videos of pro players (they're easy to find, really) and look at their pen grip and just try to copy them, and see how it works for you.
You should read the replies
I know, and i totally agree with that. But when the question is asked like this, aaaaalot of people says like "lol practice.." and that dosn't help him at all.
GoldenWolf
Sorry, but like Alice S said, we can't teach him how to use his hands, he has to practice a lot and find it out how to use them himself.

There is really no other way to learn snapping than practicing it.
SjokoladeBolla
Maybe it was the wrong thread to argue really hard about that, when its about snapping. Though i see a lot of other legit question around getting answered shitty when there's really easy to just tell them what they were asking. As for snapping a guess it's your mind you have to be changed, nothing physical. But i guess my argument counts for other questions. Sorry ^_^
Pettanko

qual1tY wrote:

There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions

qual1tY wrote:

As for snapping a guess it's your mind you have to be changed, nothing physical
lol
SjokoladeBolla

Pettanko wrote:

qual1tY wrote:

There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions

qual1tY wrote:

As for snapping a guess it's your mind you have to be changed, nothing physical
lol
Good job taking it out of context.
silmarilen
play this map for an hour each day
unfortunatly there is no "secret way" to becomming better at something in osu and all you can do is practice practice practice
Icyteru
You don't need to snap in this game.
Hello Skitty

silmarilen wrote:

unfortunatly there is no "secret way" to becomming better at something in osu and all you can do is practice practice practice
I was expecting scarlet rose D:
Soulg

skiter43 wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

I was expecting scarlet rose D:
i was expecting masterpiece

scarlet rose too hard obv
silmarilen
yeah im not gonna tell someone to play scarlet rose, thats way too hard
Alice S

qual1tY wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

lol
Good job taking it out of context.
Doesn't matter, with or without context what you said is wrong.
SjokoladeBolla

Alice S wrote:

It was never about wrong or right. It was about trying to help and not trying at all.
Soulg

qual1tY wrote:

Alice S wrote:

It was never about wrong or right. It was about trying to help and not trying at all.
you can't "try" to help someone. the only thing that isn't "FUCKING PRACTICE GOD DAMMIT" is to try different pen grips, resolutions, etc which people already suggested. anything beyond this is purely anecdotal and on a person by person basis
buny
flow movement tho
Topic Starter
kleps
After two years, I concluded that snapping is useless waste of energy. Don't get caught into a trap thinking that snapping gives you more time to react/read or magically improves your aim. The proper way of playing is to move as fast as you need to, stability is the key.
Mahogany
Personally I find snapping helps me play patterns a lot easier, and I'm a lot more consistent when I snap.
Yuudachi-kun

kLeptO wrote:

After two years, I concluded that snapping is useless waste of energy. Don't get caught into a trap thinking that snapping gives you more time to react/read or magically improves your aim. The proper way of playing is to move as fast as you need to, stability is the key.
I don't even know what snapping is; I just aim for circle.
bigfeh

Kheldragar wrote:

kLeptO wrote:

I don't even know what snapping is; I just aim for circle.
that's probably why your acc sucks
FieryLight
I had no idea that this is what people meant when they said snapping. I always figured they just meant the wanted sharper movements, lol. I totally agree with your 2 year findings, kLeptO
Endaris
Even Autoplay doesn't snap like that.
Yuudachi-kun

bigfeh wrote:

that's probably why your acc sucks
97.25% account acc.

E m i
am i doing it right?
buny

[ Momiji ] wrote:

am i doing it right?

it's very impractical to not snap sharp patterns i.e. stars, zigzags, because the shift in momentum by swinging your pen the other way is much easier than simply stopping on each beat of a line pattern and swinging it to the next beat right after
ZenithPhantasm
I can snap with a mouse :D
B1rd

kLeptO wrote:

No you're wrong. All the pro's say that snapping is very important /sarcasm
Topic Starter
kleps

B1rd wrote:

No you're wrong. All the pro's say that snapping is very important /s
Nope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srNzX3zk8qw
Nope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dAnTrD-HI8

Conclusion: Nope.
bigfeh

kLeptO wrote:

B1rd wrote:

You're either new to the internet or incredibly dense

I'd say it's both
buny

kLeptO wrote:

B1rd wrote:

you just posted 2 replays that have snapping movements
Yuudachi-kun
Is it time to whore out videos? I did this 3 months ago. Who needs snapping.

B1rd
No one was self advertising in the first place.
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

am i doing it right?
GoldenWolf
You don't even need to snap hard with a tablet, you can get away with half-assed snapping and you'll be fine.
E m i
nice avatar Wolf
B1rd
I guess I'm just salty that I can't upload my own gangsta replay because australian internet :^(
show more