forum

Impossible to snap with tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kleps
Alright if this continues I'll break both my tablet and my keyboard pretty soon, because I've been hitting them really hard lately. Been playing osu! for 4 months and I've never really actually focused on my aim/movement, only recently I realized that both of my hands are in sync and I'm only following circles, my cursor ends up on circle exactly when I need to press. That really hurts my aim and general performance, so therefor I decided to learn to snap notes (move to them really quick and wait to for time click), but that's impossible to do for some reason. Either my cursor moves at the speed it needs to move (really slow) to reach note exactly when I need to click, or it waits at the previous note and moves really fast right at the very last second of clicking time. Dunno what to do my hand just refuses to listen to me it seems that this retarded movement is just installed in my brain forever. Need some serious help since this is really frustrating, I been trying to snap for a week, but it just doesn't work...
GoldenWolf
Tried for a week? Try for a month now. Even two.
You won't learn to snap in a week...
daredakke
I've experienced this before, but lately I'm somehow snapping better than I did a month ago.

As with many techniques it's not something you can do immediately. Just try and remain patient, and try not to force it.
Starry-

GoldenWolf wrote:

I have 40k plays and still draw circles around squares over 175 bpm. I can't snap at all.

It definitely will take a lot more time to get used to snapping, I guess.
Topic Starter
kleps

GoldenWolf wrote:

You really think I have to time to grind when everyone is already so good at this game? I'm interested to what helped others to start snapping, so I can improve faster myself.
Please
start practicing with this (Kill!!) ; helped me alot

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/260006&m=0
MMzz
It takes time. I found myself doing it naturally after a few months.
koromo

sKyrOw wrote:

You really think I have to time to grind when everyone is already so good at this game?
And you really think there is any other way but practice? It won't happen in a week, nor it will in a month. Just try to snap everything, and you will slowly get better at it, there are no magic tricks or shortcuts, practice and dedication is all you need. If you don't have the time to do it, then it won't happen.
GoldenWolf

sKyrOw wrote:

You really think I have to time to grind when everyone is already so good at this game? I'm interested to what helped others to start snapping, so I can improve faster myself.
Eat a banana every day for a month and you'll become pro at snapping

Edit:

sKyrOw wrote:

I'm interested to what helped others to start snapping
It's some magic called "Practice"
Pettanko
Try changing your pen grip and see if it helps.
D33d

sKyrOw wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

Why are so many people this naïve?
Topic Starter
kleps

koromo wrote:

And you really think there is any other way but practice?

GoldenWolf wrote:

It's some magic called "Practice"
Did I ask how to improve without practicing? No. There is efficient practice and there is 20k plays practice, it's natural that people want to find what works the best to save a month or two of play time. I don't wanna waste time playing or doing something that doesn't help me improve my snapping.
Pizzicato
i actually did it after a year so yeah
take your time

for now you should focus on FCing maps if u really wanna get good
enik

sKyrOw wrote:

I don't wanna waste time playing or doing something that doesn't help me improve
Why is everyone so obsessed with improvement? What do you, personally, play for? Imagine you already good at snapping and a decent player overall, what now, still unhappy? Can't you simply click those stupid circles listen to the music and enjoy? You ARE wasting your time no matter what, because you're playing a GAME. You'll never be as good as cookiezi or few other top players, just accept it now. Some of you guys take this game too seriously.
GoldenWolf

sKyrOw wrote:

Did I ask how to improve without practicing? No.

sKyrOw wrote:

You really think I have to time to grind when everyone is already so good at this game?
uh-ho

Oh well, common sense would be watching videos of pro players (they're easy to find, really) and look at their pen grip and just try to copy them, and see how it works for you.

And of course, practice a lot, for some months.

Also why the rush? Calm down and go play the game, you won't improve by posting in the forums
Alice S
Patience and less getting angry and crying.
SjokoladeBolla
There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions. When someone asks for tips they don't want to be told to practice? Everyone knows that is what you have to do, but often there are tiny stuff that you guys do automatically that we don't even think of. And then it's the question should i practice for half a year and figure it out or ask for tips and be able to practice it the right way from the very beginning.
Alice S

qual1tY wrote:

There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions. When someone asks for tips they don't want to be told to practice? Everyone knows that is what you have to do, but often there are tiny stuff that you guys do automatically that we don't even think of. And then it's the question should i practice for half a year and figure it out or ask for tips and be able to practice it the right way from the very beginning.
uh any practice is good practice

We can't exactly tell you how to snap, you know what it is and you know what you have to do. Practice, stop complaining.
GoldenWolf
Except there is no "Right way" since it's about preferences.
SjokoladeBolla

qual1tY wrote:

I don't understand why you're so rude, but the thing is.. When you see a really good player, you pick up these small things and try them out. Often you don't think about all these things before you _see_ them or get them explained. That's how a good answer to a question like this can really help.
Not everyone have it figured out, but when you try to mimic someone else's tendencies playing, you pick out stuff you like and can improve more rapidly as you get help and options picking the stuff you prefer. If your not going to answer him properly why bother posting these nasty and rude reply's?
Alice S
No one's being rude, we're just saying we can't tell you how to use your hands
GoldenWolf

qual1tY wrote:

I don't understand why you're so rude, but the thing is.. When you see a really good player, you pick up these small things and try them out. Often you don't think about all these things before you _see_ them or get them explained. That's how a good answer to a question like this can really help.
Not everyone have it figured out, but when you try to mimic someone else's tendencies playing, you pick out stuff you like and can improve more rapidly as you get help and options picking the stuff you prefer. If your not going to answer him properly why bother posting these nasty and rude reply's?

GoldenWolf wrote:

Oh well, common sense would be watching videos of pro players (they're easy to find, really) and look at their pen grip and just try to copy them, and see how it works for you.
You should read the replies
RaneFire
Play [Insanes]. They are the only mapsets which may require you to snap. [Hards] do not because they follow distance spacing rules and all you are doing is forcing a habit which is not needed there.

Your skill in osu!, and in general, stems from a few factors. I'll name 2:
1) Motivation
2) Your ability to adapt. i.e. Self-learning.

The best players are excellent at self-learning, and have very different playstyles. And they practice A LOT.

Whereas all the n00bs pretty much copy cookiezi's style to a detail and suck. (Or another fav player)
SjokoladeBolla

GoldenWolf wrote:

qual1tY wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

You should read the replies
I know, and i totally agree with that. But when the question is asked like this, aaaaalot of people says like "lol practice.." and that dosn't help him at all.
GoldenWolf
Sorry, but like Alice S said, we can't teach him how to use his hands, he has to practice a lot and find it out how to use them himself.

There is really no other way to learn snapping than practicing it.
SjokoladeBolla
Maybe it was the wrong thread to argue really hard about that, when its about snapping. Though i see a lot of other legit question around getting answered shitty when there's really easy to just tell them what they were asking. As for snapping a guess it's your mind you have to be changed, nothing physical. But i guess my argument counts for other questions. Sorry ^_^
Pettanko

qual1tY wrote:

There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions

qual1tY wrote:

As for snapping a guess it's your mind you have to be changed, nothing physical
lol
SjokoladeBolla

Pettanko wrote:

qual1tY wrote:

There are so many people answer shit at these kind of questions

qual1tY wrote:

As for snapping a guess it's your mind you have to be changed, nothing physical
lol
Good job taking it out of context.
silmarilen
play this map for an hour each day
unfortunatly there is no "secret way" to becomming better at something in osu and all you can do is practice practice practice
Icyteru
You don't need to snap in this game.
Hello Skitty

silmarilen wrote:

unfortunatly there is no "secret way" to becomming better at something in osu and all you can do is practice practice practice
I was expecting scarlet rose D:
Soulg

skiter43 wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

I was expecting scarlet rose D:
i was expecting masterpiece

scarlet rose too hard obv
silmarilen
yeah im not gonna tell someone to play scarlet rose, thats way too hard
Alice S

qual1tY wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

lol
Good job taking it out of context.
Doesn't matter, with or without context what you said is wrong.
SjokoladeBolla

Alice S wrote:

Doesn't matter, with or without context what you said is wrong.
It was never about wrong or right. It was about trying to help and not trying at all.
show more