forum

Numb/Dinted finger tips after playing with tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rayuke
Ok so I started playing with a tablet about three weeks ago and everything is pretty much going great but there's just one problem I have, just recently I've started to get dints in my pointer and middle finger from where I grip my pen and the tips of the two fingers are also now numb even a day after playing Osu.

I was just wondering whether this is because I'm gripping too hard or in the wrong way, because I'm kind of worried it's going to cause some damage to my fingers :(
Full Tablet
What is your tablet area?
Topic Starter
Rayuke
SjokoladeBolla
I get this whenever i play songs that are hard for me. As they go on i get more tense and grip harder until the songs over. Fingers hurt after even one of them. If this is your problem too, i usually just focus a lot on relaxing my hand and fingers no matter what.
Lycanth_old
That's a pretty small area, you are using.
If you want to keep playing with that area, try gripping your pen lower (if thats possible). Otherwise I'd suggest increasing the area. (Larger area is always better as long as you can reach the corners, imo)

In either case you will have to make bigger movements, automatically lessening the strength on your grip, because you have to move your pen more (not really a fact, but it was like that for me).
Topic Starter
Rayuke
If I increase the playing area I feel as though I can't reach all ends and I end up stretching my hand for those edge-of-the-screen notes, which in turns makes it an awkward reach and not very accurate, any suggestions?
Lycanth_old
You can try changing your grip, if you have trouble with larger areas. Usually, the larger the area the higher/farther away from the tip you want to grip. You might also want to check out whether you are resting your hand on the tablet or not while playing. Resting too much of your hand(I hope that made sense) on your tablet will restrict your movements.

Also don't increase the size of your area too much at once, but give your hand a chance to get used to playing with a larger area. I needed up to a week to get used to a new area, so don't feel discouraged if it doesn't go well during the first days.
Topic Starter
Rayuke
Ah ok, Thankyou! :D
GladiOol
play a lot of scarlet rose

big big strength/stamina peppy will be proud
yoyomster
Maybe you're just playing too much.