forum

Dont get pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nico611
Hello forum, i need a little bit help, since a few days i dont get any more pp. Iam stucking at 620pp, and when I get a rank better than 500 i dont get pp. Can somebody explain that for me please?

THX
Pawww_old
Get higher ranks and more accurate scores, also you should not be thinking about pp at 1k plays.
Soarezi
u dont need pp
Almost
When you get better at the game, pp comes naturally.
Icyteru
pp comes artificially through farming actually.
nrl

[AirCoN] wrote:

pp comes artificially through farming actually.
pp comes naturally as well.
darkmiz
practice hidden and you'll get pp
seasonS

Soarezi wrote:

u dont need pp
Yeah I agree. Play to have fun. You'll get better gradually and gain pp without even trying.
But to get pp try to get high ranks. For me I use hidden all the time. Get a mod that you love and perfect it :D

Then try to challenge yourself with other mods
AmaiHachimitsu
Yeah I agree. Play to have fun.
And yet again someone tries to judge what is fun for someone else. What if for nico gaining PP is fun? The same with any player who wants to be pro, playing harder maps, gaining fame, getting historical results - this is fun too!

Topic: The more pp you have the less amount of pp you gain. With time, playing [Easy] won't give you any pp (even if #1). I'd recommend you playing some normals or hards.

Just saying, PP system is a total failure so you shouldn't care much about it if you want to assess your skills. For now focus on getting better so you can one day earn hundreds or even thousands of pp.
Mikelicious

Soarezi wrote:

u dont need pp
GladiOol
play scarlet rose

scarlet rose big pp
seasonS

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Yeah I agree. Play to have fun.
And yet again someone tries to judge what is fun for someone else. What if for nico gaining PP is fun? .
Then follow others advice and gain pp xD... I'm not trying to judge what he finds fun lol.
chox_old

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

And yet again someone tries to judge what is fun for someone else. What if for nico gaining PP is fun? The same with any player who wants to be pro, playing harder maps, gaining fame, getting historical results - this is fun too!
so true
fun is subjective

@op
if you want to farm pp then i think learning to play hidden is your best bet
Rawn
Why you need to care about pp..
Just now I got #173 HD,HR 97.70% at hard maps and I dont get pp
TehRoboRoller
I have the opposite ''problem''. I think I've actually stopped losing pp... I get like a shit score when the map is new, and then I seem to keep all of it.
boat

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Topic: The more pp you have the less amount of pp you gain.
Not correct per sé, you gain pp for scoring well in comparison to others, thus beating players below your rank doesn't net you as much, often nothing at all. This is not directly related to the difficulty of the map, rather who contested it.
AmaiHachimitsu
I shall say this is bullshit. So if Cookiezi never played a map I won't earn as much pp even if the map is played by tons of other players and it's actually hard as fk? Also there are totally unpopular maps which gave me far more pp than they should have. Popularity is important and "difficulty" (star difficulty) is more important. What you said is taking place but it's a very minor infulence on the pp gained.

Also, by the words I quoted I meant that if I #1 an Insane called X while having 1000 total pp I will gain 1200 additional pp, but while I have 6000 pp I'll gain like 30.
Soulg
think of pp as more "how popular is this map" rather than "how hard is this map"

if you HDHR 100% a super popular map that is moderately hard (as in many other 100% hdhr's) you still won't get too much, i dont think.

none of this will matter when ppv2 comes anyway, hopefully its better
boat

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

bla
Yeah I struggle with understanding your point really.

You generally net more PP for scoring well in comparison to players around or above your rank, rather than significantly below it.

This weighting seems to generally be of higher importance than pure difficulty weightings. Yeah you don't earn as huge chunks the higher up you get, but it's still a matter of consistently beating the higher ranked opposition. Why do you think certain hard difficulties give as much as they do?
AmaiHachimitsu
ppv2 comes anyway, hopefully its better
I saw the ppv2 ranking, it's worse. You could call it score rank v2

boat - this is a question on which answer even peppy doesn't know. They just are. Maybe because of star system glitch making a map over 5 stars "difficult".

Carnival's [Hard] wasn't exceptionally popular nor swarmed with pro players' scores, yet i gave tremendous amount of pp. val's diff was played twice as much with many top players scoring and it gave less amount.
Marcin

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Yeah, let's judge how it will look like when it is finished, by some unfinished, not working properly rankings.
Innocent Steps
why pp, why
buny

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

boat - this is a question on which answer even peppy doesn't know. They just are. Maybe because of star system glitch making a map over 5 stars "difficult".

Carnival's [Hard] wasn't exceptionally popular nor swarmed with pro players' scores, yet i gave tremendous amount of pp. val's diff was played twice as much with many top players scoring and it gave less amount.
my ppv2 rank is 5k lower than my current one ._.
Novixion

buny wrote:

I don't understand why about 90% of players get only 1 ppv2 either, I couldn't even find myself :P

Back to the original topic.
The pp system is confusing, new maps seem to grant an insane amount of pp (hence farmers commence) whereas older maps don't seem to give much at all. I got rank 200~ with HRHD on Pendulum-Witchcraft [Hard] and I only got 10 pp whereas my friend played a new map (came out 30 minutes earlier) scored rank 300 with no mods and got 100 pp (we were originally about the same rank). So, if you really want to improve your rank quickly, play the newer maps (farming). If you want to practice more, for hard earned points, play older maps.

Btw accuracy seems to play a HUGE factor in rank.

In the end, play for whatever you believe to be fun.
Almost

Novixion wrote:

Back to the original topic.
The pp system is confusing, new maps seem to grant an insane amount of pp (hence farmers commence) whereas older maps don't seem to give much at all. I got rank 200~ with HRHD on Pendulum-Witchcraft [Hard] and I only got 10 pp whereas my friend played a new map (came out 30 minutes earlier) scored rank 300 with no mods and got 100 pp (we were originally about the same rank). So, if you really want to improve your rank quickly, play the newer maps (farming). If you want to practice more, for hard earned points, play older maps.

Btw accuracy seems to play a HUGE factor in rank.

In the end, play for whatever you believe to be fun.
Playing new maps isn't farming. New maps sometimes do give a lot of pp, but the pp you get disappears within a few weeks which is why farming new maps isn't really a great idea other than a temporary ranking jump. Farmers usually tend to play hards because they are usually easy to SS and generally give out a generous amount of pp. Old maps also tend to give a large amount of pp as well but really old maps are worse for practice. And if you want to increase your skill, then don't play for pp.
Soulg
new maps do give you high PP, but after just one day you will lose the vast majority of it because of other people outranking you.

honestly, if TP was able to rank all scores and not just top 50, it would be so far superior. and its already superior for people that can consistently get top 50s
CPLs
pp isn't very important..

but it depends on the player anyway (if they think gaining pp is fun then why not)