forum

[invalid] Windows 11 Opentabletdriver laggy/delay cursor bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frogware
Problem details: I upgraded to win11 and installed opentabletdriver and when i use devocub or hawku drivers and tab out, my cursor lags.

osu! version: Stable 20220424 (latest)

video: https://youtu.be/tJhTXohJiuA

but for some reason when i freshly boot up my pc it doesn't lag.

And when i save and apply it lags????

can someone find a fix to this??

kinda annoying
Death
Please report this issue to the creators of these drivers.
Phoenix
This is a bug in Windows 11 (albeit purposefully added by Microsoft) that changed how it handles timers (Timer resolutions). It is not a fault on OpenTabletDriver’s part. We are aware of the issue, but complaining on multiple platforms isn’t going to change anything. A solution to the issue (or at least the foundations of one) is currently in the works, but as of right now the options are to either upgrade to Windows 10 or to not use any interpolating filters.
Topic Starter
Frogware

TheOnlyPhoenix wrote:

This is a bug in Windows 11 (albeit purposefully added by Microsoft) that changed how it handles timers (Timer resolutions). It is not a fault on OpenTabletDriver’s part. We are aware of the issue, but complaining on multiple platforms isn’t going to change anything. A solution to the issue (or at least the foundations of one) is currently in the works, but as of right now the options are to either upgrade to Windows 10 or to not use any interpolating filters.
Thank you!
Atirta
Found a simple fix for this!
Put your filter's frequency to less than 1000hz (like 999 works too) and problem solved!
Has been working wonderfully for me and my friend for a few weeks now
lonelymaster

Atirta wrote:

Found a simple fix for this!
Put your filter's frequency to less than 1000hz (like 999 works too) and problem solved!
Has been working wonderfully for me and my friend for a few weeks now
i f**king love you dude. thanks for sharing!!!
R0mi
i dont have any filters applied and i still have this bug