forum

New S colours for mods

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +56
show more
mm201
Sounds like a good idea (as long as they're skinnable :P).

I think four more kinds of Ses is kind of excessive though. Maybe one should take priority over the other.
Soaprman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

Soaprman wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Tints would be fine imo. Personally, I'd like a different color for each mod, but that would get too confusing, ESPECIALLY for when people use 2+ mods on songs @_@
Maybe base the color upon how many mods are used rather than which mods are used.
But for harder difficulties, usually just one mod is used. Thus all mod S ranks would look the same and put us back at square 1. :X
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lybydose
Support this.

Should be one color (silver) for Hidden and/or Flashlight, one color (blue for the sake of example) for HR and/or DT, and a 3rd color for using a blue and a silver mod.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

Lybydose wrote:

Support this.

Should be one color (silver) for Hidden and/or Flashlight, one color (blue for the sake of example) for HR and/or DT, and a 3rd color for using a blue and a silver mod.
That's exactly what i meant, maybe you put it in better words than me xD
Ekaru
anonymous_old
I like how it is now. No tints and stuff.
Kitsunemimi
Actually, if it's only using the 'hidden' S image, I think tinting it would be safe and fine.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
A timid bump to hear more opinions
mikhe
I like this idea, I support ++ :D

Bye :D

P.D: other changes.. so as that we can change the screen (or images) of the CtB and Taiko mode ;D
deadbeat
Support :)
mm201

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea (as long as they're skinnable :P).

I think four more kinds of Ses is kind of excessive though. Maybe one should take priority over the other.
I suggested 2 more colours :X
(One for HR/DT and one for HD+HR or similiar)
Include their SS equivalents and you get four.
BananasGoMoo
i really like this as it looks nice and makes it easier to tell if a player used a mod on their playthrough
xsrsbsns
Yes please.
Kitsunemimi
2 year bump is cool.
deadbeat
i'm bumping as well to throw more support. i still wanna see DT and HR with its own S colour ._.

Lybydose wrote:

^ yeah. that
Wafu

deadbeat wrote:

i'm bumping as well to throw more support. i still wanna see DT and HR with its own S colour ._.

Lybydose wrote:

^ yeah. that
theowest
I actually thought of this a couple of days ago. I'm so glad someone requested it!

I think they all should get their each separate colour. Hidden and no mod should stay the same though.
ann_old
Would be great to have this for DT+HR at the very least
Stefan

theowest wrote:

I actually thought of this a couple of days ago. I'm so glad someone requested it!

I think they all should get their each separate colour. Hidden and no mod should stay the same though.
Why Hidden?

Anyway, I actually support the Idea of a own colour for HR and DT. There's actually no need for more colours as silver, gold and a third one.
Maybe a 4th colour when you have something like HR+HD or FL+HR+DT, etc.
theowest
I mean hidden should stay silver.
Kuro
Bump
Starz0r

When did this happen
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
black S/SS for flashlight
deadbeat
i can't believe i just noticed that this has no s.p :'(
*fixed*
Kuro

Starz0r wrote:

When did this happen
lucky ;_;
I haven't had any votes in more than 3 months
theowest

Kuro wrote:

Starz0r wrote:

When did this happen
lucky ;_;
ok. nobody cares, talk about the request instead.
Aqo
Wow this 3 year old suggestion is really good.
Right now mods show on the score listing but it would be a nice touch if every mod combination of a main 4 diff-increase ones had a different unique color.
+support
Kitokofox
I care.
This would be a good idea to implement, on the factor that the different S colours make it easier to see what mods are used at a glance. (It would also make it more pretty to look at the highscores, in my opinion)

Then someone will want a "super flare rainbow-y" S/SS for clearing the map with all the mods (And maybe give a bunch of fireworks, hah. :roll:)

I support this.
ZeroEightOne
yes I support this. but

osu! wrote:

Current Priority: +10
You have 0 vote(s) remaining.
Natsu
I support this :)
Kuro

theowest wrote:

Kuro wrote:

lucky ;_;
ok. nobody cares, talk about the request instead.
Shinu...

Aqo wrote:

Wow this 3 year old suggestion is really good.
Right now mods show on the score listing but it would be a nice touch if every mod combination of a main 4 diff-increase ones had a different unique color.
+support
Ikr, it'd make more sense if the mods that increase difficulty had their own colors instead of just flashlight and hidden.
It could be a reddish color for hard rock, and a green color for double time. \:D/
Soaprman
Use a big S that blocks other stuff on the results screen for Easy.

So for this you'd need what, sixteen colors total?
Normal
HR
HD
DT
FL
HR+HD
HR+DT
HR+FL
HD+DT
HD+FL
DT+FL
HR+HD+DT
HR+HD+FL
HR+DT+FL
HD+DT+FL
HR+HD+DT+FL

Anyone wanna come up with a way to account for all those? It'd certainly take some time to learn which colors go with which, too.

Perhaps it might be easier to give qualities to the S image, like reddened for hard rock, translucent for hidden, motion blur for double time, blackened for flashlight. Then you could tell which mods it has by what effects have been applied to the S. I know two of those examples are colors, which is fine. Doing a hue and a black/white is fine. Adding more colors is what gets hairy.
OsuMe65

Soaprman wrote:

Normal
HR
HD
DT
FL
HR+HD
HR+DT
HR+FL
HD+DT
HD+FL
DT+FL
HR+HD+DT
HR+HD+FL
HR+DT+FL
HD+DT+FL
HR+HD+DT+FL
jawdrop required... it's a good idea but 16 of them might weigh heavy on the disk space...
deadbeat

Soaprman wrote:

Normal
HR
HD
DT
FL
HR+HD
HR+DT
HR+FL
HD+DT
HD+FL
DT+FL
HR+HD+DT
HR+HD+FL
HR+DT+FL
HD+DT+FL
HR+HD+DT+FL
why do we need that many. that seems like too much. lybydose's idea was better
TheVileOne
I prefer the current system really. It doesn't need any senseless complications.
Natsu
I just want a colour for Dt and Hr really dt is harder to play than playing hd
Friggles
I was thinking red for DT and/or HR, it suits better. Also maybe diamond for someone that uses all mods :D/ or maybe diamond for mixing a HD/FL with HR/DT.
theowest

Friggles wrote:

I was thinking red for DT and/or HR, it suits better. Also maybe diamond for someone that uses all mods :D/ or maybe diamond for mixing a HD/FL with HR/DT.
related t/114646?hilit=diamond
show more