forum

TOTALFAT - Place To Try

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Voltaeyx
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
l1mi
My thoughts: Very few players can do long streams in +220 BPM. The distance spacing makes it very hard unless you can singletap them.
Sliders crossing eachother too often dont look very good. Disturbing background noise in the audio file. I would have either made this map easier or put in more notes in general. Dont forget the hit sounds.

Insane difficulty

00:06:918 (4,6) - If you intended them to be in a straight line then they are slightly misplaced. This part is also a bit frustrating to play due to the distance spacing. ( 0,9 - 0,7 - 1,3 ) It could have been ok, if the notes didnt block / hide each other. Its the combination of the two.

02:05:179 (4) - You had a 14 second break just a moment ago, do you need this 17 sec break too or is it better to map it?

02:32:911 - Need more objects from here and to - 02:36:644 (13) - The map you made is very hard so it makes no sense to have secions with so few notes.

02:45:444 (1) - Same here to this Place 02:51:844 (1) -

02:50:377 (2,3) - Its easier if you make this a slider instead, that thing was at the start of the map too.

03:03:577 (3,1) - Would help with a slider here, the distance spacing makes it hard to understand whats going on.

00:09:718 (1) - Distance spacing, I dont think its a good idea to have 0,66 here.

01:35:047 (8) - Continnue mapping after this note.

Anything I write can be total bull, but it dossent hurt to consider it.
Topic Starter
Voltaeyx
My thoughts: Very few players can do long streams in +220 BPM. The distance spacing makes it very hard unless you can singletap them.
Sliders crossing eachother too often dont look very good. Disturbing background noise in the audio file. I would have either made this map easier or put in more notes in general. Dont forget the hit sounds.
Rather than the fact that very few players can do long streams at 220 bpm, do you feel that the streams are unnecessary? Slider placement is largely stylistic, I would say. I didn't notice any background noise. Is it serious enough that I should find a better mp3 file? I deliberately reduced the number of notes during the bridge as a sort of "calm before the storm" effect, but if you feel that this makes the beatmap too inconsistent, I suppose I can add notes. I just didn't want to overmap a widely spaced section. Also, I did pay attention to the hitsounds and found that the normal sound is pretty much the only suitable sound for the song outside of the bridge section. Maybe I should better accentuate the loud and soft hitsounds?

Insane difficulty

00:06:918 (4,6) - If you intended them to be in a straight line then they are slightly misplaced. This part is also a bit frustrating to play due to the distance spacing. ( 0,9 - 0,7 - 1,3 ) It could have been ok, if the notes didnt block / hide each other. Its the combination of the two.
Thanks for your feedback on this set of singles. At first, I fixed the line, as the 4 was indeed very slightly too low, but then, because the entire section was too complicated, I re-positioned them into a flattened diamond shape. Hopefully, this is not as confusing.

02:05:179 (4) - You had a 14 second break just a moment ago, do you need this 17 sec break too or is it better to map it?
I didn't want to tire the player more than I already had, so I decided that a break before and after the streaming would be fitting. Maybe I'll map the second break.

02:32:911 - Need more objects from here and to - 02:36:644 (13) - The map you made is very hard so it makes no sense to have secions with so few notes.

02:45:444 (1) - Same here to this Place 02:51:844 (1) -
As I mentioned above, I reduced the density of circles during the bridge as an attempt to match the temporary break-like pace. I didn't want to make it too easy so the notes are still spaced pretty far apart, but is it still too easy?

02:50:377 (2,3) - Its easier if you make this a slider instead, that thing was at the start of the map too.
That's a good point. I didn't notice the similarity to the first part of the song, due to the different transition.

03:03:577 (3,1) - Would help with a slider here, the distance spacing makes it hard to understand whats going on.
I honestly think that this part is not too difficult to read, and feel that a slider would not fit.

00:09:718 (1) - Distance spacing, I dont think its a good idea to have 0,66 here.
I wanted the 1 to transition over into the triple, but I didn't want to space it too far or too close. I think I'll shift the slider end closer to the triple so it doesn't look so awkwardly spaced.

01:35:047 (8) - Continnue mapping after this note.
I feel that would be overmapping.

Anything I write can be total bull, but it dossent hurt to consider it.
Nonsense! I really appreciate that you took the time to review my beatmap. I'm new to beatmapping, so your opinion as a player is great feedback. Thanks for modding my map.