forum

How has osu! changed you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyozoru
Music is Life
Music is Love
Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music
Eymi
It made me sick
Reva

Telstra2G wrote:

Mega_BlitzerX wrote:

>lost my social life

thanks osu
Same with me :o
On the positive note, faster reaction speed? I guess :roll:
I can agree with this
Midori Tea
osu has:
-improved the rhythm in my left hand, mostly helped with playing the flute and fapping.
-increased my reaction time in video games.
-contributed to my habit of identifying the genre of the songs I listen to.
-put me into the habit of fingertapping to the beat of a song.
-increased my interest in anime.
-helped me get better at using GIMP because of skin editing
Kimitakari

Hanae wrote:

It made me sick
Same as me
xxdeathx
Hi Gira o/

I am now a disgusting weeaboo.
Trubble
It's made me more patient and focused, and I also made a friend there.
Rio-
Know more about musics but in exchange with RSI
Dazardz
Given me a sense of rhythm.
KrazyKaito
Havent really learned anything, still waiting, someone enlighten me
[ Kakuja ]
The biggest changes I've noticed:
* I'm more calm in stressful events IRL.
* I don't write like a four years old anymore. Now it's more of a 7 years old 8-)

There are other things too, like concentration etc. but not enough to call it ''changed'' imo.
sonofgeek

KrazyKaito wrote:

Havent really learned anything, still waiting, someone enlighten me
the plural of coccyx is coccyges
pronounced cox-e-gees
joi-
I can press z and x quicker than I used to.
Ironsoul27

Nelly wrote:

Hanae wrote:

It made me sick
Same as me
it made me faint once

osu plz
neko cookies
I'm able to get away from tons of stuff, for better or for worse~
its also taught me (oh gawd so cliche) that you cant rush or force yourself to get better at anything.
also, i have a new way to spend 10 hours a day on during weekends :D

and also, i tap on things like im streaming, even when theres no music :P
deletemyaccount
osu! ruined my life
Nanosinix
Osu! has made be better to see things quicker, and to get better with listening to beats in music. ^-^
It's also made me able to have another thing to play when I'm bored. :3

...Also made me learn about new songs I like, and has made me able to tap and move my mouse more precisely for other things (Which I don't know where it would actually come in handy, its still cool (To me at least))

Thanks Osu!/Peppy! ^-^
AznRice
Osu made me love rhythm games even more. I somehow got better at dancing and phone rhythm games.
Otrebor
i hope to make new friends
Cephre
osu made me a huge weeb
mariojudah
Osu! turned me into a useless dirt bag that can't do anything apart from sit at his computer.
SpringVine
turned into a massive weeb, can tap z and x faster , discovered new songs and artists
DW10
Made my left hand stronger, made me the best in my school (at osu!), made me learn better tablet to eye coordination, made people annoyed about how I keep talking about osu! when they're clearing bragging about LoL instead, made me feel accomplished, made me enjoy PE more, since I can train my left hand, made me more osu!.
Destiny
Honestly I'm not as self-destructive. I use osu! as an outlet, I can focus on something for a little bit. It's like sleeping. It's hard to properly convey.
Nathan
I've learned quite a lot about myself, my own flaws and strengths as a person
I am also much more introverted now as a result of making so many online friends
zargot
I think the main thing that osu! has given me is a much wider taste in music, aswell as improved my reactions greatly.
MashiroShiina-
It has actually helped me to calm down in stressful situations, because early on all maps I played through I would usually choke in the middle to the end of the song, and I've learned to regulate my breathing and blinking in order to stay focused and not ruin my combos. Also, it has given me that euphoric feeling that you get when you work really hard at something you enjoy, and you get results.
- M o s h i -
It turned me into a weeaboo, hated by the internet and society. :( :( :(
TakuMii
my chemistry teacher told me I have good technique for titration
I guess my spinner training is paying off
Railey2

sukiNathan wrote:

I've learned quite a lot about myself, my own flaws and strengths as a person
you have to elaborate on that and how it is related to osu.
Animura
Learned about the fact that I can make great friends in this game :P
Dazdy_old
I learned that I'm both annoying and terrible at this game
Laharl
Since I had played osu!, my taste of music grew more and more awkard with every passing year.
Nadfee
I've used osu! as an escape from mainstream games (CS:GO/LoL) and succeeded in making osu! my main game, but that just made me stuck with osu! instead. Right now I'm slowly going away from osu after a whole summer session of just playing osu!.

You can say that I tried to quit gaming when I started osu!, it helped me quit mainstream games and I think that's enough because of the fact that osu! is not time consuming if you play a modest amount. (And its working!)
Depator
I met alot of nice people andi made a nice group of friends that took me to animecons, lan-parties and all the way up to every gamer's dream event, Dreamhack. Taught me that anything is possible if you try hard enough. Widened my taste in music A LOT :D and other games Also i have learned a lot about myself and tought me how to be social with random people (although im still a bit shy when starting conversations :oops: )

Year's have passed and nowadays a few friends remain and i dont play anymore so often for that reason (and because im performing my military service)
Maybe i'll start playing again in december when i leave service and hope to get new friends :)
Raediaufar
I become more open to peoples and now can handle many of person's personalities. And my music taste now is messed up lol
Rickolo
i almost never rage at any game anymore (which is pretty hard when you play games like league of legends with a bunch of 12 year olds who talk about how they f*cked my mom and cant play at all)
Hikona
Singletap over 9000 o/
Kei

JustRickolo wrote:

i almost never rage at any game anymore (which is pretty hard when you play games like league of legends with a bunch of 12 year olds who talk about how they f*cked my mom and cant play at all)
Lmfao same.

I learned to be patient (due to mapping and the old ranking procedure) and to never give up on anything. It also helped me to improve my english slightly.