forum

Mouse gameplay question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wiryn
Does your pinkie and ring finger drag on the mouse mat? Been irritating me for a while now.
chox_old
nope, i keep them on mouse or i hold my pinkie in air
also i keep my wrist on mousepad and forearm on table
stevefox74
Yes but only my pinkie finger drags across the table.
Though it may sound complicated but I use my pinkie finger to control my movement.
My wrist is near the edge of table and my forearm is on my chair rest.
Glyph
Yep, don't mind it at all since they help move the mouse around.
Rawn
both :)
AmaiHachimitsu
In my case the ring finger is touching the space between right button and the shell, pinky finger is touching the mousemat only a little, so little I won't even notice.

It all depends on the mouse and grip used though. Mine is MS WMO 1.1A
Tshemmp
Yes, both fingers touch the pad. I had a bigger mouse where this didn't happen before, but I don't think it makes any difference.
usa
my thumb, ring finger, and pinky does but I have a fabric mouse pad so it makes my fingers sparkly clean.
unless your mouse pad is a piece of sandpaper, I don't see how you won't get used to the feeling.
Wh1teh
yes and thumb also. And I rarely move my wrist
G0r
This used to happen to me before I got good, but when I started to have real control over my mouse I found that my fingers sort of naturally changed their grip. It's been so long now since then that I'm not able to be sure if it was related to my own personal progress or if it might be something others would generally experience too. I tend to think a lot of it is going to depend on how you set up your mouse settings and what type of mouse you have.
RaneFire

G0r wrote:

when I started to have real control over my mouse I found that my fingers sort of naturally changed their grip.
Same. My grip is still subtly changing over time.
But not like "CLAW!!!" and "PALM!!!"... but rather just millimeter adjustments here and there, all for the best of course.

Oh hey lookie... G0r is back.
NazzzF
i used xornet mouse; it has a ring finger rest.. only pinkie dragging on the pad, help me to stop the mouse much better
[Strike]
My thumb and pinkie does, but I don't really mind. Though during a fast pace and hard beatmap, my fingers shift where I'm dragging no fingers at all.
Kanye West
No. All my fingers are always on my mouse. Planting fingers on the mousepad restricts range of motion, especially for low dpi players.