show more
Nardoxyribonucleic
/me pokes El SolarBeam :33

I'll also post the update here~
http://puu.sh/73kjY
Topic Starter
El SolarBeam
thanks nardo, updated~

and all suggestions by aabc are applied (except one or two but it won't matter that much)
thanks guys, and let's get this taiko stuff finished :3
aabc271
Just a few more small things about the taiko diffs :

-----------------------

[ Nardo's Oni]

04:14:508 (1) - I'd suggest starting the volume decrease at a lower level, eg starting with 40% then minimize all the way to 5%. ( Currently it starts at 80% and I think this is quite inconsistently loud when compared with other spinners )

-----------------------

[ Muzukashii]

01:20:594 (212, 213) - Make this x1.1 too, and make 213 onwards x1.0 ( This is to avoid 212 being slower than other notes in the (207~212) section. Slowing at 213 makes the slowdown less misleading to Muzu level players )
02:37:116 (1) - Similar to above, make this spinner x1.1 and 02:40:594 (1) x1.0 ( You may consider adding x1.0 line at 02:37:551 so as to make the white line in gameplay at 02:38:855 x1.0 too )
04:04:073 (85, 86) - ^, x1.1 for 85, and x1.0 for 86.

-----------------------

That's it. Call me back when you've checked the above. I'll taiko-icon at that time :)

No need kds ~
Nardoxyribonucleic

aabc271 wrote:

Just a few more small things about the taiko diffs :

-----------------------

[ Nardo's Oni]

04:14:508 (1) - I'd suggest starting the volume decrease at a lower level, eg starting with 40% then minimize all the way to 5%. ( Currently it starts at 80% and I think this is quite inconsistently loud when compared with other spinners ) fixed. The persistent decrease starts from 40% -> 5%

-----------------------

That's it. Call me back when you've checked the above. I'll taiko-icon at that time :)

No need kds ~
Thanks again for the suggestion aabc~ :)

Update: http://puu.sh/768LI
aabc271
Taiko diffs look fine to me now :)
Take this ~

Good luck on ranking this. Really nice SB ww
Topic Starter
El SolarBeam
whoa thanks aabc \:D/

finally this map comes back again to business lol
Frostmourne
Good luck :) !
Nardoxyribonucleic
Yay~ Finally we could see it bubbled :)
Topic Starter
El SolarBeam
yay finally \o/
Asagi
wow bubbled
1st rank map incoming \o\
Xinely
omg so fast for first map
nice Solar ;)
10nya
nice(:
Topic Starter
El SolarBeam
thanks everyone, let's save it for later :D

currently waiting for a open-hearted BAT who would like to check this :'3
dkun
Asagi
GRATZ FOR THE 1ST RANK!!! :)
Nardoxyribonucleic
Congrats for the 1st ranked map SolarBeam >_<
toara_fict
Congratz :3
Mao
Gratz for first rank! \:D/
Zare
Hi SolarBeam, first off, congratz on your first ranked map.
Since this map was mentioned in #modhelp I took some time to give it a quick check and I want to give you some basic advice for future maps.

Basically, you have a LOT of messed up rhythms in the whole map. It doesn't really feel like it was mapped according to the song, but mapped on a different song with the same BPM and then put on this song.
To get what I mean, you need to understand how the hitobject "slider" really works.
For easier udnerstanding, let's use an example taken directly from your Insane difficulty:
00:56:899 (3) - Check where this slider starts in the timeline. It's a red tick, a 1/2 beat. Then look at where it ends. A white tick, a 1/1 beat.
Now that means that you click the slider on said red tick (so this is where the input occurs and where the player has a feel of ineracting with the music), hold it for a brief moment and release it on the white tick. When you release it, there's no impact whatsoever, since you're literally releasing pressure.
This means: Sliderheads (or starts) feel stronger than slidertails (or ends).

HOWEVER, in most common compositions, it is a given that, in the music, the 1/1 beats (the white ticks in the osu!-timeline) are where the main, dominant beats of the music are. This also applies to this very song. When you look at 00:56:899 (3) - again, you should notice that the sliderhead is located on the red tick, which is a relatively weak sound, and the slidertail is on the strong beat, which is also where a new word in the vocals start.
This feels extremely unnatural, since the weak beats are mapped much stronger than the strong beats are.
Usually, you can focus on the hitsounds: If there's a strong hitsound (e.g. a clap) on a slidertail, but not on the sliderhead, it will most likely feel off.

Of course, there's always exceptions, but for this song I'd have recommended you to stick to that simple but golden rule. Try to apply it in your next map!

And a few other rhythm-based things I noticed:
01:17:986 (3,4) - sections like this would feel way better if you used circles instead of sliders. That's because you have strong vocals on both red ticks and white ticks, and by using sliders like this you only really emphasize the white ticks, again because only the sliderhead has an actual impact.
02:14:508 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - this pattern is inconsistent with the music. You could have used it for 02:14:508 (1,2,1,2), but at 02:15:377 (1) - there's a new liyrical phrase starting, so just going on with the pattern feel weird. When the music changes, the map should change too.
02:19:725 (1,2,1,2) - similar case here, the first two sliders fit very well, but the next objects should be circles according to the vocals

Basically, you need to learn to interpret the rhythms of the music you map correctly. This map has a few nice ideas, but they are, to be quite honest, mostly executed poorly. It also needs a lot of visual polish (for example, some triangles could be aligned better).

Yeah so, good luck with your further mapping and I hope you will apply some of the ideas explained.
ARTPHONEY
akhirnya di rank juga :D
Reyshka
grats el chan :3
[ Mephisto ]
Congrats :D
- Rii -
wew udah ranked aja :o
gratz

srsly teach me how2map ;___;/
Koiyuki
finally rankeddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
gratz!!!!!!
Sapphiire_old_1
Gratz~
Topic Starter
El SolarBeam

Zare wrote:

Hi SolarBeam, first off, congratz on your first ranked map.
Since this map was mentioned in #modhelp I took some time to give it a quick check and I want to give you some basic advice for future maps.

Basically, you have a LOT of messed up rhythms in the whole map. It doesn't really feel like it was mapped according to the song, but mapped on a different song with the same BPM and then put on this song.
To get what I mean, you need to understand how the hitobject "slider" really works.
For easier udnerstanding, let's use an example taken directly from your Insane difficulty:
00:56:899 (3) - Check where this slider starts in the timeline. It's a red tick, a 1/2 beat. Then look at where it ends. A white tick, a 1/1 beat.
Now that means that you click the slider on said red tick (so this is where the input occurs and where the player has a feel of ineracting with the music), hold it for a brief moment and release it on the white tick. When you release it, there's no impact whatsoever, since you're literally releasing pressure.
This means: Sliderheads (or starts) feel stronger than slidertails (or ends).

HOWEVER, in most common compositions, it is a given that, in the music, the 1/1 beats (the white ticks in the osu!-timeline) are where the main, dominant beats of the music are. This also applies to this very song. When you look at 00:56:899 (3) - again, you should notice that the sliderhead is located on the red tick, which is a relatively weak sound, and the slidertail is on the strong beat, which is also where a new word in the vocals start.
This feels extremely unnatural, since the weak beats are mapped much stronger than the strong beats are.
Usually, you can focus on the hitsounds: If there's a strong hitsound (e.g. a clap) on a slidertail, but not on the sliderhead, it will most likely feel off.

Of course, there's always exceptions, but for this song I'd have recommended you to stick to that simple but golden rule. Try to apply it in your next map!

And a few other rhythm-based things I noticed:
01:17:986 (3,4) - sections like this would feel way better if you used circles instead of sliders. That's because you have strong vocals on both red ticks and white ticks, and by using sliders like this you only really emphasize the white ticks, again because only the sliderhead has an actual impact.
02:14:508 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - this pattern is inconsistent with the music. You could have used it for 02:14:508 (1,2,1,2), but at 02:15:377 (1) - there's a new liyrical phrase starting, so just going on with the pattern feel weird. When the music changes, the map should change too.
02:19:725 (1,2,1,2) - similar case here, the first two sliders fit very well, but the next objects should be circles according to the vocals

Basically, you need to learn to interpret the rhythms of the music you map correctly. This map has a few nice ideas, but they are, to be quite honest, mostly executed poorly. It also needs a lot of visual polish (for example, some triangles could be aligned better).

Yeah so, good luck with your further mapping and I hope you will apply some of the ideas explained.
thanks zare, I always open to a good feedback :3
yeah, mostly it's because my inexperience with rythm emphasizing and frankly speaking, I haven't got used to standard mode may be the main factor. so I'm really grateful since someone cared to remind me about this, and I'll consider it for my further mapping since I still have a long way to go :)

and also thanks for everyone for your concern and support \:D/
- Nevermore -
gratz senseii you finish your first map let me try it :D
Lanturn
Congrats on the ranking!

Your map has improved quite nicely since I modded it about 4 months ago. Keep it up, and good luck on your next mapset

--

Also that SB <3 had to make a video of it to share

Netamaru
gz solar for the first map /o/
Shiranai
おめでとう~
Groumiezi
lol hope storyboard showcase ;;

congratz~
ts8zs
grats U&I:3
Sheepsticks