forum

Z/X and Z/C

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
Hi, so many of my past posts have just been about my streaming problems. I have finally overcome the problems and am able to stream very well now :). But while I was learning to stream faster beats, I switched from using Z/X to Z/C with my ring finger and pointer finger.
Now that I am able to stream faster, I don't know if I should stay with Z/C or switch back to Z/X. I always see twitch streamers and youtubers using Z/X but I don't know if I should switch back or stay at Z/C. What do you guys think?
Full Tablet
If Z/C is more comfortable for you I don't see any reason to go back to Z/X
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
But don't you think that using Z/C would hold me back or something since the majority of Osu! uses Z/X?
XPJ38
The majority of osu! uses Z/X because it's the default key combination. You should keep Z/C if it is more comfortable to play with for you.

I used to play with A/X back then, I couldn't stand Z/X :P
djjsixpack
Having played with ring and pointer finger for 2/3rds of my osu plays, for me I could stream more accurately on lower bpms and be more steady. I could also burst stream better. As for pointer/middle I am more accurate in general with it, but my streaming sucks. Playing each has helped the other out as well though, so try one out and see if you like it. Should be able to just get right back into the other if you find you are not liking one.
Espionage724
I use S/D. My hand is usually in the WASD position anyway for other games, so I figure why not just have my hand in a similar area for osu!...
RaneFire
I found this Z/C business to be true for me too a long time ago. But what I actually found to be the problem was that my middle-finger was too long and stronk and didn't like my index finger being the leader. So naturally a shorter ring finger was more suitable to follow the lead of my index.

Since the ring finger is so gimped thanks to that tendon join to the middle finger, I instead became a middle-finger single-tapper and things are much more natural and consistent now. (Despite playing index for 90% of my time in osu!)
NixXSkate
I think you should sell your pottery, it looks pretty good.
pielak213
­
Cokezi-

Evolvation wrote:

But don't you think that using Z/C would hold me back or something since the majority of Osu! uses Z/X?
Yes, I personally believe it will hold you back because I don't think your ring finger could be as fast as your middle finger.. That's just what I think anyways, what do I know.
GoldenWolf
I'm as fast with ring+index finger than middle+index finger, I have about the same accuracy too.
Aqo
one of the best streamers I know holds a mouse in his left hand and streams with index/ring of right hand on numpad
usa

Full Tablet wrote:

If Z/C is more comfortable for you I don't see any reason to go back to Z/X
yup doesn't matter how other people play.
if you know for sure it's more comfortable for you, you can get over whatever slight advantage z/x may (or may not) have with practice.