forum

New Mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TehFabled_old
I recently switched from a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 to a Death Adder 2013, since my former mouse was starting to disconnect and connect randomly. However since i was using it for some years, my play is affected. For anyone who switched mouses, is this a normal experience?
TakuMii
This would've been normal if you were switching between two mice with different acceleration profiles, but both of the mice you've used are zero-acceleration, so it shouldn't have made much of a difference.
Perhaps something is different with your settings. What's your cursor speed within Windows? Do you have the "enhance pointer precision" setting turned on or off? What is your DPI? Do you have the acceleration setting in your drivers set to 0?
Topic Starter
TehFabled_old
I've been messing around, i've had the cursor speed at 6, the enhance cursor precision was on, the razer mouse is 6400 dpi, but i'm not sure about my last mouse, and i'm not sure about that option
Kanye West

TehFabled wrote:

I recently switched from a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 to a Death Adder 2013
there's your problem right there
Hello Skitty
The IE3.0 is 400 dpi
Zakdawg
Some days ago i switched from a G9x to a Zowie FK. I set the dpi to 1150, because that was the middle of the 3 options and started playing osu! like normal. Even managed to FC some songs I had not FCed before.

Only thing I havn't gotten used to yet is how light it is, so sometimes i accidently lift it, but besides that i play as good or better than before.
TakuMii

TehFabled wrote:

I've been messing around, i've had the cursor speed at 6, the enhance cursor precision was on, the razer mouse is 6400 dpi, but i'm not sure about my last mouse, and i'm not sure about that option
Your old mouse was 400dpi, non-adjustable. It's likely that your change to 6400dpi was the reason you're having problems with adjusting. I suggest you lower it down to 400dpi to get the same feel (or somewhere between 800 to 1600dpi if you were using a higher cursor speed before).

Also, I recommend keeping "enhance pointer precision" turned off, as it just adds mouse acceleration. (also, keep the Windows cursor speed at 6/11 if you want to keep your mouse as accurate as possible)