forum

Reading issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrPotato
I have a problem when it comes to reading certain maps that should'nt be that difficult for me, I'm having these issues for a long time now and no matter how long I practice\retry these certain maps I can't get them right, the problem about it is that I was once able to pass alot of these parts but after a while not playing them I cant read nothing about them.

I have tried practicing on maps that help u with jumps like this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/257870

When I try doing the 180 bpm with jumps on HT I get this score: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1048807

But when I try doing the 180 bpm map on HR,HT I get this score: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1048809

I don't know why but I just cant read right these kind of jumps, the only thing I thought was my issue is the stacking of notes on the map or a slow AR but it cant be that since its AR is high enough, its not aiming either since I can aim pretty good on HR.

I would like to know what is my problem with reading and hope that you experts would help me find out and tell me what to do with it!
Thanks!
Zare
Play EZ mod for a month. Problem solved. [/obligatoryanswer]
enik
Don't play those practiceshitmaps unless you're really good at them or they'll only make you worse and more frustrated. Your issue here is nothing but low AR, play it more.
Topic Starter
MrPotato

Zarerion wrote:

Play EZ mod for a month. Problem solved. [/obligatoryanswer]
Thanks, although I cant see shit on ez mode its too low for me, gotta start with abit higher AR so I can practice.

enik wrote:

Don't play those practiceshitmaps unless you're really good at them or they'll only make you worse and more frustrated. Your issue here is nothing but low AR, play it more.
thanks both! any suggestions for good low AR map that u might know?
Wishy
I'm guessing Aqo suggested you to play those maps.

While they actually DO help to improve, they are highly frustrating and for instance (always for some) extremely boring to play. Try to take this a little more casual and have fun, if all you want is to be good then all you need is to keep retrying, but honestly I think you are gonna drop the game if you keep doing that.

Low AR usually means 8 (for players who can actually play very high ARs, when you are used to high ARs lower ARs become harder, for people who can't play high ARs low ARs are just fine), there are no many maps using lower ARs than that which actually mean anything (the one you may find are really old so it doesn't matter). If you are having trouble on them you shouldn't care much about it for now, just play common maps and try to raise the difficulty more and more till the points insanes are not really that hard. That's challenging (and fun) enough if you ask me.
Topic Starter
MrPotato

Wishy wrote:

I'm guessing Aqo suggested you to play those maps.

While they actually DO help to improve, they are highly frustrating and for instance (always for some) extremely boring to play. Try to take this a little more casual and have fun, if all you want is to be good then all you need is to keep retrying, but honestly I think you are gonna drop the game if you keep doing that.

Low AR usually means 8 (for players who can actually play very high ARs, when you are used to high ARs lower ARs become harder, for people who can't play high ARs low ARs are just fine), there are no many maps using lower ARs than that which actually mean anything (the one you may find are really old so it doesn't matter). If you are having trouble on them you shouldn't care much about it for now, just play common maps and try to raise the difficulty more and more till the points insanes are not really that hard. That's challenging (and fun) enough if you ask me.

I've said the exact same things about this map since it is rly boring but I'm just doing this map to check if I have gotten better once in a week and see if my miss rate gotten lower or not. Still I enjoy the game for 5 months now and donated to osu a few days ago because I start enjoying it even more now and playing it alot more now so I dont think I will drop the game :).

I guess you are right about it, thanks for you help everyone I will just keep on playing for fun playing and improve by playing randoms!
buny
ht is downright boring

just play a lot and it'll get better over time
Cokezi-
Had the same problem, 9-11 AR was fine for me but anything else was torture and couldn't really read it properly.. atleast, it's starting getting better and I'm learning to read low ar a little better just try to not limit yourself to high ar and mix in a little AR8(or w/e low ar you're talking about).
Topic Starter
MrPotato

Cokezi- wrote:

Had the same problem, 9-11 AR was fine for me but anything else was torture and couldn't really read it properly.. atleast, it's starting getting better and I'm learning to read low ar a little better just try to not limit yourself to high ar and mix in a little AR8(or w/e low ar you're talking about).
Yeah, I have been talkinng about AR8 which is slow and I am starting to train on some AR8 maps so I could read better, Thanks for your help!
phoenny
Having the same problem with ar8 but getting better and better, but are there some kind of maps which are highly recommended to improve reading? or just good maps to get a better reading.. ? 0108 ? I mean different map styles or are there Some mappers which do maps which requires a good reading ?

would be nice if someone has some, i didnt want to create a new thread cuz its almost the same issue here ^^
Almost

phoenny wrote:

Having the same problem with ar8 but getting better and better, but are there some kind of maps which are highly recommended to improve reading? or just good maps to get a better reading.. ? 0108 ? I mean different map styles or are there Some mappers which do maps which requires a good reading :DD?

would be nice if someone has some, i didnt want to create a new thread cuz its almost the same issue here ^^
Just play with EZ or drop the AR through editor.
GoldenWolf

phoenny wrote:

but are there some kind of maps which are highly recommended to improve reading? or just good maps to get a better reading.. ?
Nope, just play any kind of maps with low AR
Dexus
Search this in your beatmap list BPM<=160 AR<=8 OD>=7 and play what comes up, even try hidden. Even if it's too slow play it and listen closely as to how the notes work.
phoenny
Im playing anthing atm, ar9, ar8 and so on.. but one question this "Guitar vs Piano map" does it show improvement when i play it like twice a day? it rly fck my brain so hard its not fun anymore.. but i would play it when it would help x)

- at all this map makes me mad but yea. xD

edit; i mean the 180 Default AR9 CS4 with HT and the Square one with HT so both maps twice a day to kill my brain x]
Topic Starter
MrPotato

phoenny wrote:

Im playing anthing atm, ar9, ar8 and so on.. but one question this "Guitar vs Piano map" does it show improvement when i play it like twice a day? it rly fck my brain so hard its not fun anymore.. but i would play it when it would help x)

- at all this map makes me mad but yea. xD

edit; i mean the 180 Default AR9 CS4 with HT and the Square one with HT so both maps twice a day to kill my brain x]
if u rly want it to help, do it for about an hour every day (this is what I was told be the guy that recommeded it to me) and I have seen a couple of friends praciticng this map over 3 hours..
and it does show alot of improvement, if u will play for 1 hour for 1 week u should see a big difference in your reading according to my friend's improvement the past few weeks.
CXu
>AR8 is low AR.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
SjokoladeBolla
What is AR? :roll:
Soarezi

qual1tY wrote:

What is AR? :roll:
Assault Rifle
SjokoladeBolla

Soarezi wrote:

qual1tY wrote: