forum

I can't do star/triangle/square patterns, why?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quentin_old_1
In a few hard/insanes I play, there are notes arranged in patterns such as squares, triangles and stars, and I'm having a huge amount of trouble with them.

Most notably in Skillet - Hero [Fate], the star patterns and other back-and-forth patterns cause me to fail, but what is interesting about this is that I can pass indefinitely when I set the AR to 9.

Does anyone have any tips for these kinds of things?
pielak213
­
Wishy
You probably don't even snap, you need to read circles individually and not as patterns.
buny

Wishy wrote:

You probably don't even snap, you need to read circles individually and not as patterns.
i read them as patterns but i make sure to have my cursor over the pattern ;)
Topic Starter
Quentin_old_1

Wishy wrote:

What's snapping? Not too good on the osu lingo, but no I probably don't. Will it help? I'll try to focus on reading them as individual circles, though. Thanks!

EDIT: Wow, I just finished Hero, I'm hoping it was because of that advice. Thank you!
GladiOol
practice scarlet rose
Rawn
Is this about muscle memory ? :?
Topic Starter
Quentin_old_1

Rawn wrote:

Is this about muscle memory ? :?
I'd say it's more about how I read maps, I can do some patterns on AR9 fine but with AR8 I'm terrible.
Zakdawg
The muscle memory is the same. You will be doing the exact same movements. You just need to be able to read it.

High AR makes patterns simple as they just becomes normal jumps.

Try to play some EZ. You will notice after playing it a lot that you readability becomes better. Thats what I experienced on my way to get this score:
Pizzicato
mouse? try moving the arm too. not just the wrist
Valandril
Zakdawg, holy... i cant even get 40% on that map with EZ while i can finish it pretty well without mods...
Vuelo Eluko
buny

Valandril wrote:

Zakdawg, holy... i cant even get 40% on that map with EZ while i can finish it pretty well without mods...
At least you can necro
winber1
necroing is hard work

do you know how much effort is put into finding a good thread to necro
Skl3ros
not too hard tbh
woqx
congratulations
Yuudachi-kun

Skl3ros wrote:

not too hard tbh
They are. Hth
Vuelo Eluko

Riince wrote:

blast from the past
Saphirshroom

Riince wrote:

Riince wrote:

blast from the past
Where the fuk is that gif even from? Sesame street?
Nathan

Riince wrote:

Riince wrote:

blast from the past
Akali
drum drum
Please don't necropost