forum

osu! Stream Speed (test your speed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
KtkC
Very useful utility thanks!

KupcaH wrote:

I cannot press keys fast without seeing circles.
I just tried this too, it sure does feel weird just trying to stream as consistently/quickly as I can with no visual feedback, odd :)

Also this program has a minor bug when using the mouse. It has to do with the text that shows up when you hit a key, if the left mouse button is still depressed as the right one depresses, the character printed will be the one corresponding to the left mouse button. Not that it matters ( I think? )

Also I have to turn the mouse sens way down because the mouse will drift when I start clickity-clackity-ing.

This is still neat practice! Started from 210bpm/281 unstable rate, and after a few dozen repeats, finally hit 225bpm/82. Now to make that reproducible on demand... While moving the mouse... As a newb, I think a goal of 225bpm is difficult but reachable...

on the other hand the best i could do on kb was 190 bpm at 90 unstable rate. RIP left wrist as well
neuronio
Cracento
z
Mortelspawn_
CrisDex
Help, I don't know how to run it D:
KupcaH

Ziggo wrote:

Q: How can I use this program?
A: Start the osuStreamSpeed.jar file. Change the keys to what you want to use and you are ready to go.

Q: It doesn't work. What should I do?
A: Make sure you have a recent version of Java Java installed on your PC. If it still doesn't work, please make a screenshot of the error message and post it here or send me a PM about it.
Ronja
i cant download this rip
MoMeMi
https://momo.s-ul.eu/BLkW37P0
i have one. try download
Remyria
easy totally didn't alternate with 2 hands
PizzaFox
It says it's a virus and won't let me download it. :(
zenged
If you just hold down x and z at the same time you can achieve around 900 bpm
xppenMatism
ITS Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl DONT DOWNLOAD THIS
PakaChan
fix your shit
Deusieus
lol it got detected as a virus fix your shit lmao
Topic Starter
Ziggo
I didn't change this for years, so if your pc suddenly detects this as malware then your anti-virus software is shit.
Ahri-Sama

Ziggo wrote:

I didn't change this for years, so if your pc suddenly detects this as malware then your anti-virus software is shit.
Ziggo, I believe you, but on the other hand, why is it continously spamming me with Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!c on windows security essentials? I removed it, and it still pops up. Is it really a false-positive? I'm scared shitless, this is my new PC. I don't want no virus to ruin it.
Nessitro
This is the best streamspeed testing tool but it needs a 2.0 version !!!
Acreos
the download seems to have died..
WavePoint
Where is the download?
Aloisnoob39
Topic Starter
Ziggo
I have reuploaded the program because the old link seems to have died...

You can download it here: https://puu.sh/w0Ksd.jar

Aszjune wrote:

Ziggo wrote:

Ziggo, I believe you, but on the other hand, why is it continously spamming me with Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!c on windows security essentials? I removed it, and it still pops up. Is it really a false-positive? I'm scared shitless, this is my new PC. I don't want no virus to ruin it.
I can only promise you that this doesn't contain malware, there's no way for me to prove it. In the end it's your choice if you want to trust me or not.
YAMCube
this app screams karpaltunnelsyndrom
n3roxe

PouletFurtif wrote:

BPM is is a musical term for Beats Per Minute.
What is written in the software is "Average BPM.." and "Current BPM...", not "stream speed" or something.

A lot of people think they are tapping 200 BPM while it's actually 800.

What's wrong with using words the way they are meant to ? Chill out and edit the wiki page mb : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Stream
So is streaming at 200bpm actually like doing 800 actions per minute/clicking at 800 keys per minute/ 800cpm?
Caput Mortuum
yes
Ninako_maid
XploFu
:D
KupcaH

XploFu wrote:

I apparently can tap fast but i need stability... My average is pathetic. What can I do to improve, help me pls.

_cyberia
wtf where is the osustreamspeed file
38V
Everything is good but when you save a screenshot it saves it with the same name everytime so you have to rename the file after every screenshot otherwise it replaces it. It's not a big issue but it would be nice if it saves every screenshot as a new file. :)
Museifu
Works really well but i can't seem to find the osu!StreamSpeed folder? Maybe I'm just blind
Asop
The file downloads as a winrar folder for me and has no executable.
KupcaH

_Asop wrote:

Right click on it, open with Java.
Asop

KupcaH wrote:

_Asop wrote:

Right click on it, open with Java.
Thanks.

I'm curious though, I can ss 200 bpm streams in osu but I can't even get 190 bpm for more than a second in this program. Are streams in osu slower than the bpm says they are?
Amphy292
TFW you can't get over c with your clicking hand
Topic Starter
Ziggo

38V wrote:

Everything is good but when you save a screenshot it saves it with the same name everytime so you have to rename the file after every screenshot otherwise it replaces it. It's not a big issue but it would be nice if it saves every screenshot as a new file. :)
I'll consider it for the next version (if there will ever be one). :D

_Asop wrote:

I'm curious though, I can ss 200 bpm streams in osu but I can't even get 190 bpm for more than a second in this program. Are streams in osu slower than the bpm says they are?
I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Maybe it's the missing music or circles that affect you.
kamild_

Ziggo wrote:

_Asop wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Maybe it's the missing music or circles that affect you.
Maybe adding the metronome to your app would let us see some interesting changes in people's scores?
mulraf

yeah, comes close i guess. kill me pls ;_; that feeling when you can't grind that new pp farm 6* map bc the 180 bpm short streams are too fast for you ;_;
minatoaqua1
Mphasie12
i like it :P
TheIberius
Now i can see if I OVERSTREAM 222 BPM !!!

<3
show more