forum

Extra Life Dot Org (charity thing awp and CW are doing)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
extra-life.org is a charity event where people get together and play video games for 25 hours straight starting November 2nd. This year, myself and Cheesewarlock will be TRAVELING TO AMERICA to participate with some friends and some friends of friends. I don't think any of them play osu! but many of them play LoL.

The event is going to be streamed so you will have 24 hour a day access to us for a whole day. I'll post the livestream site when I know who is actually streaming it, but it will PROBABLY be twitch.tv/wanyodos that does the streaming.

Since it's a charity thing, I'm going to start pan-handling now and link you to my donation page:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fus ... ntID=59644

if yall felt like donating, that'd be swell. I believe you can donate during the stream as well, and you could theoretically make us Perform For You by offering us incentives to do things you want us to do. If you're in the US, I'm pretty sure it's also tax-refundable. Or...deductable, or whatever. Guaranteed delectable. SOME OF YOU PAY TAXES, RIGHT?

ADDED INCENTIVE - I'll send a complete build/copy of That New Game I'm Working On for everyone who donates $5 or more! Just include your osu! ID in your donation description, or whatever, and I'll PM you a link when it's done! The game should be done before this shindig goes down but it will definitely be done by the end of November. What is the game? NOBODY KNOWS! Unless you follow me on Twitter or do Ludum Dare. Xgor knows. He played a super prelim version of it. (It's a Cute-Em-Up type game) ((it also requires Windows and miiight not work on Windows 8. Works for some, doesn't work for others))
Topic Starter
awp
this is happening right now

http://www.twitch.tv/wanyodos

go go go charity etc nobody plays video games for the children like GASTON
boat
The donation thing isn't like on kickstarter where you get nothing if you don't reach the goal, right?

If not then remind me to throw some money at this in about two weeks when I can afford it.

I'm not actually interested in the stream and whatnot, but what you're doing is nice and I'd gladly support it.
Mianki
Extra-Life website is down because it had a DDoS attack from hackers.
What the fuck is wrong with some people
Topic Starter
awp
@boat naw, all donations count and are immediate etc

The DDoS thing (which happened like 4 or 5 times) was possibly an attack on another site that just happened to be on the same datacenter. Either way, we managed to raise over $1500 and there is an "encore" day this coming weekend (the 9th)

Not gonna have the whole 11-person gang, or fancy streaming, or INTERNATIONAL FLAIR, or even "other people", but I'm probably going to stream some making/playing video games for it.

The capture card we had last weekend was pretty awesome and I'm tempted to get one for myself
RemmyX25
i wish i wasnt working for most of it (and lacked a computer). i might have to join you guys next year!!