forum

[resolved] Osu fails my play at the end of the map although it should not.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chipaku_
Okay so I know this problem has been mentioned before by several people but no one was actually able to solve or replicate it.
If this gets taken down because of that then well whatever.

Anyway, I was playing taiko on a particular map and I was doing pretty much okay and after I'd played the last note my health bar just dropped down to 0 and the "Failed" screen appeared. It just happened on singleplayer, no mods and there was no lag whatsoever, all opposite to what most people say about this issue. In the end they would say it's a bug that needs to be fixed in future updates but no sign of that since 2013.

After it had happened for the first time I played that map again a few times with the exact same result.

Link to map here:
beatmapsets/728008#taiko/1541745
Link to drive with replay here (ignore my lack of skill):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16WMTXv6xBel1R470M3K1-k7Qu9xvId2V/view?usp=sharing

I think I have experienced it in the past on some other map but not as clearly to describe it here.

Also here is a helpful post that contains links to some other threads:
community/forums/topics/145370?n=1

Hope peppy sees the multiple threads about this problem and does something smh.
Death
In Taiko you slowly fill your health bar as you play and you need to get it to at least 50% before the map finishes, otherwise you will fail. wiki/en/Game_mode/osu%21taiko#gameplay-basics

The reply you provided does not seem to work for the map you linked, but I'm going to assume you didn't pass the map and so you failed at the end (especially since you said "ignore my lack of skill").

I don't think the issue in the other thread you linked is actually still possible to replicate.
Topic Starter
Chipaku_

Death wrote:

In Taiko you slowly fill your health bar as you play and you need to get it to at least 50% before the map finishes, otherwise you will fail. wiki/en/Game_mode/osu%21taiko#gameplay-basics

The reply you provided does not seem to work for the map you linked, but I'm going to assume you didn't pass the map and so you failed at the end (especially since you said "ignore my lack of skill").

I don't think the issue in the other thread you linked is actually still possible to replicate.
Okay, I'm sorry, you're probably right.