forum

[Resolved] Any way to use osu! on Linux but with the same beatmaps (and skins) than Windows?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
I have a laptop with a dual boot. I have 2 OS: Windows 10 and Debian (Linux). On Windows 10 I have osu! with all of my beatmaps. In a goal to use linux more often, maybe I'll install osu! on Linux too... But I'm scared to have 2 differents groups of maps, same for skins, scores visible in only one OS... Note: on Linux I can access Windows files while with Windows I CAN'T access to Linux files.

The question is: there's a way to have 2 osu! installations on differents OS but with shared beatmaps, skins and scores. If it's impossible with stable, is it possible for osu!lazer?
abraker
This could be possible if it's possible to change song folder location
- Marco -

abraker wrote:

It's possible, just edit the "BeatmapDirectory =" line to match the song folder. I don't know how wine manages hard disks/sdds and partitions tho
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3

- Marco - wrote:

abraker wrote:

It's possible, just edit the "BeatmapDirectory =" line to match the song folder. I don't know how wine manages hard disks/sdds and partitions tho
Which file and where is it?
- Marco -

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

abraker wrote:

Ah sorry I forgot to say it. It's osu!.<pcname>.cfg stored on the main osu! folder
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3

- Marco - wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

abraker wrote:

Ah sorry I forgot to say it. It's osu!.<pcname>.cfg stored on the main osu! folder
The osu! from Linux or the osu! from Windows? If it's Linux, do you know where it is? (I used osu-wine)
sineplusx

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

The osu! from Linux or the osu! from Windows? If it's Linux, do you know where it is? (I used osu-wine)
I just tried installing osu-wine with the tutorial in the forum and the main osu! folder went into ~/.local/share/osu-wine/OSU. Thats where you should find the config file. Since you cant access your Linux filesystem from Windows, it would probably be the best to point the BeatmapDirectory to your already existing beatmap folder on Windows.

I dont know how you would do the syncing part though. The config file on Linux will still expect the
path to the beatmap directory in a Windows format, and the scores and skins will not be the same that way either. Maybe you can replace the osu! directory on Linux with a symlink to your Windows osu! install.
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
Thanks for your help ^^ With the power of symlinks my game use the same directories than on Windows, so I have all of my maps, skins, and even my scores!!!! In addition to that, all generated files through export and screenshots are in one place.