forum

[Archived] Lots of osu crashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RbgPro4
Problem details:
Recently i formated my pc because it was full of crap and very slow after a clean format my pc has been way faster no lag no nothing but when i open osu i notice i did not have lag spikes moving the mouse anymore but when i try to make a new osu map this is where i had the problem, osu will continuously keep crashing after importing a video on my map. After i finally imported the video when i try to play the map osu keep crashing with out any error so i could not know what the issue is. i then thought that the video that i imported was to big for osu to handle witch it did in fact solve the problem but when i try to edit the map on the song setup upon changing the hashtag when i press ok osu froze up with a not responding and the map never saved the changed hastag, after i closed it and reopen it my settings were a bit off first my audio was at 100% when originally it was on 10% then my osu graphics had reset to default and same with the keybinds and when i try to do a change in the settings osu froze and crashed again with out any error, upon restarting the game again my settings where back to default. I Opend the repair osu program and it never opended. I really don't know what the issue is i don't want to reinstall osu because it don't want to lose all my replay and local score maps.

My pc specs:
----
i5 9400f
16Gb Ram
Rx 470 4Gb

osu! version: Stable 20220424 (latest)
THAT_otaku
Can you please get the crash information from event viewer and paste it here for us to take a look at? This guide shows how to do that: wiki/en/Help_centre#event-viewer

its probably graphics driver related if its caused by video stuff