forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
AmaiHachimitsu
The maps somehow fit me in terms of patterns and shit.

It's the lack of balance what bugs me.

And seriously, I don't enjoy practising ugly maps.
Marcin
Hey, schedule and map pool has just been released, check them out here

Map Pool
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Semi-finals
Pack will be up soon TM

Schedule
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_20 ... h_Schedule

Captains will be noticed shortly.

//I am so late, everyone noticed already kk
GladiOol
I've only played the first 2 maps, Cruel Clocks and Sonata, but that difference in difficulty is huuuuuugggeee. As in, Cruel Clocks is cake compared to Sonata.
Natteke
Andrea

Michi wrote:

Andrea wrote:

That was another nice match, good job guys.
Are you fucking joking? What the fuck.
You should calm down and stop taking things too seriously, don't forget that this is just a game.

And yes, it was entertaining to watch despite the connection issues, I'm saying you guys did a good match, not a bad one.
cptnXn

Andrea wrote:

And yes, it was entertaining to watch despite the connection issues, I'm saying you guys did a good match, not a bad one.
connection issues ddos
entertaining: truly
pielak213
Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I know all the maps aside from 2 of them. Overused maps or too few maps to choose from.
Zare
I request that MuryokuP - Sweet Sweet Cendrillon Drug will be replaced by another map
As I already noted in the map thread, 01:49:169 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - this stream, starting on a blue tick and being totally random and impossible to anticipate is like impossible to get SS on, especially with Hard Rock and if you don't know it's coming
Kert
Yay my map in the next mappool~
jesse1412

Zarerion wrote:

I request that MuryokuP - Sweet Sweet Cendrillon Drug will be replaced by another map
As I already noted in the map thread, 01:49:169 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - this stream, starting on a blue tick and being totally random and impossible to anticipate is like impossible to get SS on, especially with Hard Rock and if you don't know it's coming
Yes please, it's also a DT map. Please not for semis.
silmarilen

Zarerion wrote:

i dont really see the problem? i could sightread it just fine.
kinda weird that skystar maps are ok but this isnt?
Piotrekol
jesse1412

Piotrekol wrote:

owc4 collection: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134 ... on/owc4.db
Thank god, I missed these for the last match : (
Zare

silmarilen wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

the thing is, this is inconsistent with the rest of the map, it doesn't make sense to the music whatsoever and is most likely not even intentional (at least I hope so)
Aqo
why would you pick a bad map like dispel
Soarezi
whats wrong with dispel
AmaiHachimitsu
whats wrong with dispel
This question made me worry.
xsrsbsns
whats wrong with dispel
Zeraph
whats wrong with dispel
JappyBabes
whats wrong with dispel
Icyteru
Yes
Soarezi
im serious i see nothing wrong with it o_o
chox_old
Darksonic
whats wrong with dispel
Zare
moo
Andrea
Dear God, stop complaining about everything guys. xD
Chewu

silmarilen wrote:

Its not about difficulty, its about a mapping error that got noticed too late after ranking for the map to get unranked and fixed.
Zare

Chewu wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Its not about difficulty, its about a mapping error that got noticed too late after ranking for the map to get unranked and fixed.
qft
Topic Starter
Loctav
It's not like you can't practice the maps beforehand....
Alumetorz
omg, pavor nocturnus in freemod pool and we're out of the tournament. I'm so sad...
Mismagius

Loctav wrote:

It's not like you can actually take a deep look at the maps before choosing them..
Also, it's not like you can actually listen to the people complaining instead of giving them vague answers and just ignore.
jesse1412

Loctav wrote:

Let's pick mtmcl maps then. There's nothing wrong with mtmcl maps you can just practice them right..?
silmarilen
they did that in owc1
Zare
What's even the issue with exchanging it?
Deep Sea was swapped before, now this should be too, for, in my opinion, obvious reasons. You can't just pick downright broken maps for an official tournament and then expect the players to adapt to it
Aqo
why wasn't egoism [nold] picked
Pagliaccio
yay i see your ass in fire
/me runs
Darksonic
Why would you waste your time on making a troll pool?
Ciunek
I don't think it took him much time. He probably just picked some random maps out of nowhere and set them to random categories.
AmaiHachimitsu
aka stop complaining, do it better
I think I would do it better.

At least I'd devote several hours picking those maps and asked some players for advice.

#edit:

Played all the maps.

tutuhaha again shows that she deserves the title: worst mapper of the year. Children Record beats Saten's Kokou no Sousei in terms of being total shit <clap> <clap> <clap>

From NoMods Disconnected Hardkore shouldn't even be ranked.

HardRock bracket ok apart from strange streams in Cendrillion.

DT is meh, but no complaints this time. Just don't like the maps, but are ok for the owc.

I said enough about Dispel earlier, pls unrank this.

I was wondering why ppl wanted Ivaltek nomod so much. Seems like the AR was the only reason since the map isn't good at all. But well, freemod is ok.
Darksonic
Don't blame me, since this time I almost didn't pick any map of this mappool :P, I was planning to do it on Sunday though but when I woke up it was released already, so meh.
show more