forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
rzkadi
poland vs france is an absolutely thrilling match!

ggwp both teams :)
-Ryosuke
France vs Poland

4-5

http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/2817324

awesome match, good game Poland!
Fahe
Amazing match from both the polish and the french side, well played guys !
Rori Vidi Veni
I think France should be high-seeded next year.
rEdo
Paris conquered.

gg wp France, I believe that was the best match in this whole tournament so far :D
Camellia-
Well played france <3 <3 <3
Closest match ever. Wow.
Ciunek
The tiebreak on stream probably got several people a heart attack...
Lunavista
That was a brilliant match, and very close! Great job to both teams!
Varetyr

Well played guys, I think everyone enjoyed watching this match, really.
Arrival
Really well played Poland !

Fantastic game, one of the best in this owc.

Hope a rematch in the owc, good luck for the rest of the tournament !
chichigi
Best match ever.. it's very intense. Well aside from tie-breaker, both party did well catching up to each other and it's fun to watch.
It's rare seeing two great country play in same round in knockout stage
Shockwave
Amazing match, really well played.
AmaiHachimitsu

France is fkin OP

I feel like shit
deadbeat
really good match guys. really impressed. and sorry about the commentating. being awake for 21 hours doesn't help :p
Yarissa
Sorry for such a delayed response. To China: despite the disconnects on both ends it was a very good game.

Regarding the disconnects: Since we had a finite amount of retries and internet problems were consistent on both ends, I find it disappointing our team lost in the way it did. I think in the right circumstances (with a proper rematch) the game would have at least been a lot closer. I don't expect that to happen nor do I want to impose upon anyone by asking for it. I'm just wondering why the match wasn't postponed from the get-go.
fabbbyyy v2
Austria 5:0 Latvia

http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/2820030

rip latvia
rEdo

enmyuuuU wrote:

Best match ever.. it's very intense. Well aside from tie-breaker, both party did well catching up to each other and it's fun to watch.
It's rare seeing two great country play in same round in knockout stage
actually it's not quite true. WWW had a score of 64m, while we won with an advantage of 63.5m, so it's not really like he won on his own :')

let me repeat myself - wp France ^_^
AmaiHachimitsu
Just some things that should be fixed

Stream - Sound is off-synch very often, it pains to watch the stream. I also think that hitsounds are a bit too loud.
The client for streaming - I don't think it's good when every fast reverse slider is considered a miss (and it looks like that in the stream)

Also, I have totally no idea what caused it, but me and farto and maybe more players have been experiencing some strange misses, i.e. I could clearly see that I hovered over the circle and clicked it, yet suddenly I saw a cross indicating a miss. It could be that we were nervous or our PCs slow or w/e, but I could "feel" that something is odd. I'd like some feedback if any of you players had some issues like that. Maybe we just suck

#edit: Also, maps please T.T
Synchrostar

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Maybe we just suck
everyone sucks

well at least next year i'll hopefully be able to stream better, owc was fun while it lasted
Omgforz
Seems to be a recurring phenomenon. Alumetorz and WhitephoenixLP seemed to have the same problem.
Doomsday
I felt nothing wrong while playing in my matches, including the Thailand one where the stream had similar problems to what guys had in your games
jesse1412

Doomsday wrote:

I felt nothing wrong while playing in my matches, including the Thailand one where the stream had similar problems to what guys had in your games
You don't count you're overpowered.
Starry-

jesus1412 wrote:

Doomsday wrote:

You don't count you're overpowered.
Neither do you. x.x
Darksonic
New mappool is released!
nya10
That DT mappool is sick............. (just judging by only top 50 on every song)
But yeah, I'm expecting something like this. Just elite players can FC it I think '-'

YEAH A SKYSTAR HERE
Topic Starter
Loctav
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Mappools <- Access new mappool here
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2 ... h_Schedule <- Access new schedule here (or via the google doc)
Zare
no complaints about the pool, seems pretty fun and includes a lot of variety, NoMod bracket seems to be extremely Streamheavy but yeah.
rEdo
Wotamin - Gigantic O.T.N
I fucking laughed. will you silence the song on stream?
fartownik
Hmm, isn't this pool full of maps from the previous OWC?
Topic Starter
Loctav

fartownik wrote:

Hmm, isn't this pool full of maps from the previous OWC?
Let me count.. 4? Maybe 5 (bad memory). But all placed in different brackets. So no big deal I guess.
Darksonic
What's the matter if we picked them on more fitty brackets :p
nya10
And on a serious note, it is nearly impossible to put these difficult maps without having some of previous owc maps. :D
fartownik
Well, I will give you my first impressions of the maps.

FreeMod has gone to the low-quality level from the Group Stage again. Arc is basically as hard as Shotgun Senorita, Tenkuu no Yoake is not very HRable, same for Akasagarbha. croiX is the only map that actually kinda fits this bracket.

My Pace no Ikimashou as HR will be hard as fuck, but I like this pick.

Dragons as Hidden is... meh. Aika is a meh map in general. Ende with HD :< Why not FreeMod if you're already picking hard stuff there?

From NoMods I only know 3 maps - Calamity, Time Flies and O.T.N., and these are actually good picks.
jesse1412

fartownik wrote:

Well, I will give you my first impressions of the maps.

FreeMod has gone to the low-quality level from the Group Stage again. Arc is basically as hard as Shotgun Senorita, Tenkuu no Yoake is not very HRable, same for Akasagarbha. croiX is the only map that actually kinda fits this bracket.

My Pace no Ikimashou as HR will be hard as fuck, but I like this pick.

Dragons as Hidden is... meh. Aika is a meh map in general. Ende with HD :< Why not FreeMod if you're already picking hard stuff there?

From NoMods I only know 3 maps - Calamity, Time Flies and O.T.N., and these are actually good picks.
Are you some sort of tumor in my head? That's okay you can keep posting for me tumor-kun, you obviously know exactly what I'm thinking.
Chewu
Why pick the same maps from previous OWCs? There is only approximately 1 000 000 ranked maps out of which about 100 000 are OWC worthy.
fartownik
Picking maps from previous OWC is pretty dull. Not exactly bad, but you have this feeling that you've already been there.
ethox
I'm still just in awe how there has been 0 maps from tsuka ;__;
rEdo
bah, we need more yyy, Darri and gowww as well :'(

@edit: oh, there's Time files @.@
Pettanko
jumpudding for hr map in finals please
Bauxe

Chewu wrote:

Why pick the same maps from previous OWCs? There is only approximately 1 000 000 ranked maps out of which about 100 000 are OWC worthy.
There are like 30,000 ranked maps... Lol
show more