forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
silmarilen

fartownik wrote:

Even Cookiezi said AR9 is annoying, deal with it 8)
and what does that have to do with anything? he also said 180 bpm streams are too slow, so by that logic bird sprite is boring and i dont understand why it would be picked as an owc map
Almost

[-Aoi-] wrote:

Almost wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, the mindset of new single-minded players who only care about speed. I'm not going to question you, but there are many players who are considered top players who can't play AR10.3 insanes.
Im just saying that for example someone who play with HR getting 95% have higher score than someone who SS same map without mods. If game is built that way you can't consider AR7 or even 3 players better than AR10+ players, it doesn't mean AR3 is easier than AR10, but if u want to consider ability to play low ar as a additional indicator of being pro, change score system.
The thing is, if OWC only had AR10+ maps, then the pro players who struggle with high AR would have problems competing. And OWC has map selection as a strategy so that pro players of all specialties can compete against each other.
Allas
OWC has map selection as a strategy so that pro players of all specialties can compete against each other.
But current OWC don't have that.

This rule make it even worse :
Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each captain may only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during the match.
fartownik

silmarilen wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Even Cookiezi said AR9 is annoying, deal with it 8)
and what does that have to do with anything? he also said 180 bpm streams are too slow, so by that logic bird sprite is boring and i dont understand why it would be picked as an owc map
I was obviously joking.

But it's something when the best player of the game ever says something like that, right?
Ilye_old
There is no way to create mappol accepted by all community, but selectors can make some categories like fast streams map, low ar map, high ar map, jumpy map or fast singles map and find 1-2 maps for each of them. I dont think this will solve the problem, but most of the participants will get their favourite type of map. Just an idea for the future
kriers

fartownik wrote:

I was obviously joking.

But it's something when the best player of the game ever says something like that, right?
Considering the standard point of view in 2013, it's hard to get the joke.

Let's all be elitist AR10 players.
AmaiHachimitsu
Ladies and gentlemen, the mindset of new single-minded players who only care about speed. I'm not going to question you, but there are many players who are considered top players who can't play AR10.3 insanes.
2 years ago people also cared about speed, but they had few good maps to play as to go beyond this AR10 limit. Now those "modern" players cannot help about being unable to accept low ar since even 140 bpm Insanes are now AR9 and it's a common occurence. Hello Frostmourne

Do whatever you want with this AR, I can't wait till I see Marisa in semifinals. But you should remember that though reading is very important, what should be really measured is the ability to aim at circles and click the circles, this is basically what this game is all about.

"He can play bpm from 120 to 240 with <100 unstable rate, he can easily reach all the jumps and aim the streams. But he needs AR 9 or higher to do it, he sucks balls at this rhythm game" - This is how I imagine some of you thinking.
Metro

[-Aoi-] wrote:

There is no way to create mappol accepted by all community
This says it all. Just shut up and play lol.
Frostmourne

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Hello Frostmourne
sup' :)
Starry-

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

2 years ago people also cared about speed, but they had few good maps to play as to go beyond this AR10 limit. Now those "modern" players cannot help about being unable to accept low ar since even 140 bpm Insanes are now AR9 and it's a common occurence.
This I agree with.
I'm crying. ;w;
Farex_old

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Do whatever you want with this AR, I can't wait till I see Marisa in semifinals. But you should remember that though reading is very important, what should be really measured is the ability to aim at circles and click the circles, this is basically what this game is all about.
Yeah, reading shouldn't be measured at all. I should have to know when to click and where to click just by reaction because anything below AR10 is super scary.

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

"He can play bpm from 120 to 240 with <100 unstable rate, he can easily reach all the jumps and aim the streams. But he needs AR 9 or higher to do it, he sucks balls at this rhythm game" - This is how I imagine some of you thinking.
Sucks to suck, if that player can't read a lower AR he should learn to play.
Darksonic
I thought people would never expect to have some CS 5 jumpy map or some AR 8 on the pool, but weeeell, I guess I'll consider what you guys are saying. Also, from my point of wiew the pool has enough variety, since we aimed to pick some fast but jumpy maps at the same time, it's not like all the maps are the same since as I said before, we have fasters and slowers, harders and easiers, maybe some with more streams than jumps, maybe some with more jumps than streams, we wouldn't like to pick 23 identical maps. I guess most of you guys have a different concept about "variety", I mean, this kind of maps + AR 9 ones would be the more fitty ones for the first round, since the first one is to test what people can do at these "Normal but hard enough" maps. And let's be honest, AR 8 jumpy maps will result in a deep hate from many players, plus I don't think most players could fc them at their match, since I'm sure most players aren't really used at AR 8, but as I said before, if most of you guys here want even more variety than the one we have now, okay then, I'll consider it.
AmaiHachimitsu
I'm pretty sure the real thing will start during KO Stage. I mean maps. I don't know well the pickers but since they're top-players they won't screw up.

Yeah, reading shouldn't be measured at all. I should have to know when to click and where to click just by reaction because anything below AR10 is super scary.
Though your post was sarcastic, I will please you with a serious answer

Maybe not "at all", but reading shouldn't be essential. Just reading the streams and patterns takes enough effort (whatever the AR is), why making it "troll"? I can't find another adjective which suits it better. In a game when one miss might change the whole outcome Low-ar maps will make the reading the most important thing. Is it really ok?

Somebody still doesn't get it. I'm not low-ar hater or high-ar idol. I'm just justifying the voices against since they are flamed heavily and I can see posts implying that those who are against low ar are just bad. IMHO AR <10 is not "scary" for anyone here, but most of us is used to higher AR because of modern mapping. I think I've said it earlier, low ar is a matter of being used to, like mouse sensitivity/tablet area.

We have no choice but to accept the picks, right? I'll do so even if I don't think it's appropriate. Just please don't flame players who couldn't have the pleasure to play in 2009. How about bringing this futile discussion to the end? (I know I started it to some extent).
Zare
players can train AR8 maps they can't read for a week so at the very least they don't have to worry about not seeing overlaps and such, so I wouldn't call that trolling in any way
Wishy
Thing is this is a combo game.
Icyteru
So....consistency wins instead of speed/reading/streaming/jumps/reaction.
AmaiHachimitsu
Sakisan

Darksonic wrote:

if most of you guys here want even more variety than the one we have now, okay then, I'll consider it.
The maps aren't the same, sure, but the point is that they don't give us many options in choosing strategies. Only thing we can do is practice and hope we don't miss in the middle but at the end :p
It's probably going to be less of a problem when less teams are left over. The actual best players all play the same kind of maps, don't they? high ar + high speed ^^

P.s. LoGo, stop eating hitobjects
Almost

[AirCoN] wrote:

So....consistency wins instead of speed/reading/streaming/jumps/reaction.
But you need all those things to have consistency. I'd say it's more like everything wins over accuracy.
Balefries
Can't wait. Good luck to all the teams especially PHILIPPINES! :D
Ilye_old
I didn't get any respond from streamers so I will ask again:
Is it possible for anyone with multi spect client to record unaired matches and upload it, just pure video, without commentary.
ToGlette

[-Aoi-] wrote:

Is it possible for anyone with multi spect client to record unaired matches and upload it, just pure video, without commentary.
you better talk to them personally in-game they will respond in that way I guess :)
Lapis-
Matches today
FIGHT UK
THE BRITISH EMPIRE SHALL REIGN SUPEREME

also: UK Vs Japan SRSLY should be streamed
Marcin

[-Aoi-] wrote:

If my client will work, I may record it.
Vish024
Good luck to all the teams in the first round.
Seph
#thaiwand
Oinari-sama
Taiwan 4:0 Indonesia
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/2581408

Congrats
Pizzicato

Seph wrote:

#thaiwand
silmarilen
korway pls
Marcin
Oh god ahahaha, that was funny indeed.

Anyway apparently Taiwan won 4:0 with Indonesia with almost 4,40 score difference.

Also so many players that bancho crashed. I know it is not reason, joking
Naikaze
I won

GG
Synchrostar
GG GATYAA
BEST PLAYER
Almost
Gatyaa new Cookiezi.
IppE
Since when was the timezone in Finland UTC+1?

Organizers pls, what are you smoking.
Topic Starter
Loctav

IppE wrote:

Since when was the timezone in Finland UTC+1?

Organizers pls, what are you smoking.
Your captain signed up with wrong time zone. Blame him

fixed
Oinari-sama

Pizzicato wrote:

Seph wrote:

#thaiwand

silmarilen wrote:

korway pls
lol what about Jermany
IppE

Loctav wrote:

Your captain signed up with wrong time zone.
That actually makes a lot of sense.
Topic Starter
Loctav

IppE wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Your captain signed up with wrong time zone.
That actually makes a lot of sense.
Let me guess, you never took a look on the sign up form, do you?
Lokovodo
I was cheering on Canada on the livestream and i got banned
I don't think the supporters for other country's got banned so why do this to canada?

idiot mods being racist towards canada supporters.
silmarilen
you know why you got banned, dont be stupid
show more