forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Melt3dCheeze

Wishy wrote:

It's quite hard to find maps which are hard all the way around without them being top tier insanes. Sadly most are about a few hard parts (if not just one). :(

I found quite a lot of actual overall hard maps but they are indeed too hard all the way around, you'll probably see them on later stages tho.
Welcome to the 2013 mapping era ._. I don't mind having mid-top tier maps in the ro8 and beyond, I guess that's what the 1 week practicing is for.
Icyteru
Eww ugly avatar cheese. And lol at all the betters thinking australia will beat brazil
Icyteru
Ugh god edit button disappeared.
But I just read that the maps will be jump and combo focused rather than stream speed. Ahahaha you're fucked melt3d.
Melt3dCheeze

[AirCoN] wrote:

But I just read that the maps will be jump and combo focused rather than stream speed. Ahahaha you're fucked melt3d.
I doubt it, you haven't considered the situations where 8 super nervous people clash into one another, shaking and losing focus. You haven't seen me in action when I've been completely nervous, nor have I ever experienced first hand so anything could go in OWC.
Almost

[AirCoN] wrote:

No faith...
Metro
According to the betting game some people including myself have a lot of faith on Latvia lol.
pooptartsonas

Metro wrote:

According to the betting game some people including myself have a lot of faith on Latvia lol.
USA
USA
USA
USA
USA
AmaiHachimitsu
Since it's unknown if SG participates fully and Latvia has a very good roster (I'd say it's perfect for tournaments, their players' consistency is very good) I'm not surprised at all.
Omgforz
Just like some people have way too much faith in Austria.
We're gonna disappoint people.

(Quick Metro, change your bet for China-Austria, because we don't have M3tr01d available for that match!)

And I wanted my avatar to stare at AmaiHachimitsu

hue
Noriko

Omgforz wrote:

Just like some people have way too much faith in Austria.
We're gonna disappoint people.
Glad Estonia doesn't have that problem 8-)
lly
We will just show our godlike powers off. And then everyone will bow to the power of Estonia! Mwhahaha
pielak213

pooptartsonas wrote:

USATEI
USATEI
USATEI
USATEI
USATEI
fixd
silmarilen
to all the ar9 haters: i hope they pick a nice jumpy ar8 map is one of the future rounds, like ivaltek or something
fartownik

silmarilen wrote:

to all the ar9 haters: i hope they pick a nice jumpy ar8 map is one of the future rounds, like ivaltek or something
Yeah, that'd result in only one thing: no one picking that map.
silmarilen
make it the tie breaker
fartownik
Tiebreaker is freemod.
silmarilen
fuck
pooptartsonas
Then the team down 2-3 would intentionally lose so they don't have to publicly humiliate themselves
Darksonic
Are there any pro player that could hate ar 9? if so this owc will be a pain for them ;)

ar 8 sucks
Mismagius

silmarilen wrote:

this, please
buny

silmarilen wrote:

err, how many ar9 haters are there?

honestly i haven't seen many people that hate ar9 other than the ones that literally only play ar10 maps and get C on them.
Icyteru
wait....so people hate AR9 cause it's too slow?

Wut.
Soarezi

MaDBoY94 wrote:

We will just show our godlike powers off. And then everyone will bow to the power of Estonia! Mwhahaha
good luck.
silmarilen

[AirCoN] wrote:

Wut.
read through the past couple of pages, there was a small discussion about wether the tiebreaker should be freemod or not, and one of the arguments was that the map was hard to read with ar9
Almost

[AirCoN] wrote:

Wut.
If you only play AR10+ and nothing else, then it looks incredibly slow.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Then stop playing AR10 only :P
What's that for a world champion who can only race on high speed but fails horribly at parking the car in the parking lot.
Icyteru
I agree, osu! world cup should not be about who's the fastest player, but should be about who has the greatest cumalative skill in osu!
AmaiHachimitsu
Nothing against ar 9 or 8 even though it's harder for most(?) of us. We're in the same boat and low-ar maps can be used for strategic issues by some teams, making the show interesting.

I can already see the despair when ar9 DT maps will be available
Gigo
Yeah, I guess there is something called "being too pro". In my opinion, every player should be able to read at least AR9 and AR8 properly. I know those are not as exciting and fun and fast and "Woo, look at me, I am so pro, look how fast my reaction time is" as AR10, but come on... Too slow? Really?
[Luanny]

Loctav wrote:

What's that for a world champion who can only race on high speed but fails horribly at parking the car in the parking lot.
damn I couldn't agree more
Aqo

silmarilen wrote:

I love Ivaltek please do

strategic takedown map for teams that are bad at reading jump yesss
Melt3dCheeze
I'd rather have both varying CS and AR maps, like some of AngelHoney's maps should come into OWC. So, alteration of AR with the combination of the alteration of CS would be perfect to test people's limits.
AmaiHachimitsu
I'd rather have both varying CS and AR maps, like some of AngelHoney's maps should come into OWC. So, alteration of AR with the combination of the alteration of CS would be perfect to test people's limits.
Though I agree that various maps should appear, "normal" maps should still be present, and in hefty amounts. If there happen 4 maps which are only stream-y, a team which is specialized in streaming skill only might nearly win the match only because of those. If you meant various only by AR, CS - I totally agree.
Melt3dCheeze

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I agree that various maps should appear, "normal" maps should still be present, and in hefty amounts. If there happen 4 maps which are only stream-y, a team which is specialized in streaming skill only might nearly win the match only because of those. If you meant various only by AR, CS - I totally agree.
If I was referring to a variety of maps and 4 stream maps suddenly appear, is that contradicting to the target idea? Plus, isn't OWC meant to show the best of people, also veto-ing maps out is a valid option am I correct?
fartownik

Loctav wrote:

If you're impressed by someone parking a car in the parking lot same as a world champion racer then good luck.

Also I (personally) never said AR9 is hard, especially on those maps. I can do every map from the list without much problems, still prefer AR10 because it's less damn annoying and requires less unnecessary concentration during the match, thus causes less random misses (which really like to occur during a 1-play only matches). Yeah, yeah, go on with your 'bfut it's a pard of the gemplay to be able to rid AR9 on a turnment mach proparly" arguments. But I do already.
GladiOol
And I'm just sitting here still liking AR7.
silmarilen
tijdmachine lesjuh '09 diff 4owc
AmaiHachimitsu
^ freemod bracket, no prob
Zare
AmaiHachimitsu
we could as well introduce FlashLight bracket
show more