forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azer

Metro wrote:

wtf is up with Canada team? Where's Layne and Mythol?
Mythol's not coming, Layne and Kairi are there but not on the wiki yet
Synchrostar

Frostmourne wrote:

Metro wrote:

Same goes with Dutch team.
Dutch team this year is a joke, no1 wanted to participate this time ):
i believe, we must make it past groups
pielak213
you guys got my name wrong >;(
buny

pielak213 wrote:

you guys got my name wrong >;(
the dash adds emphasis though

also i hope the commentators pronounce my name properly this year
Pizzicato

Frostmourne wrote:

Metro wrote:

Same goes with Dutch team.
RIP holland
kriers

buny wrote:

i hope the commentators pronounce my name properly this year
What's that like Puny with a B?
Gigo

friendok wrote:

racists why can't arabians like bahrain take part in this tournament
It's not about being racist... The organizers are just afraid of the beast that is Bahrain, that's why they allowed noob countries like South Korea and Japan to participate instead.
I propose that Bahrain has a reserved slot in the finals of every upcoming OWC as a compensation.
Moonpower

Synchrostar wrote:

i believe, we must make it past groups
We still have you, this will be no problem
I believe. GO TEAM DUTCH
buny

kriers wrote:

buny wrote:

i hope the commentators pronounce my name properly this year
What's that like Puny with a B?
buny like bunny pls
Wishy
Punie?
Sieg
I feel like i need to contribute my leet post to this thread
Oinari-sama
So how will the streaming work this year? Will each streamer take turn, or will there be mirror (alternative) streams?

Also I just thought it'll be cool to invite guest commentators to fill the gap between matches (or downtimes) by talking about osu news, highlights and even community projects/tools... sort of like an osu!commercial break? xD

I'm putting this out here now so that I don't forget to post later. I know it's kind of early to talk about this =.=
kriers

buny wrote:

buny like bunny pls
I think you need a name change before that starts making sense. In any case you can't blame anyone for spelling it wrong then ;)
zozozofun

Pizzicato wrote:

RIP holland
Don't call it Holland.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Since all countries are settled now, we shorten the roster change deadline to the 23rd Oct 2013. After this deadline, you can not change your team settings anymore. After this deadline, all rosters get checked.

Please send me your final rosters via forum PM till the 23rd Oct 2013, 23:59:59 UTC.Any roster changes after this deadline can not be considered.
Gigo
So China will not be participating?!?! :o
Almost

Artaxerx wrote:

Well it was first in first serve...
AmaiHachimitsu
osu news
"Dear ladies and gentlemen, AmaiHachimitsu has achieved rank ....."

Well it was first in first serve...
HAHAHA, nope
XPJ38

Artaxerx wrote:

China did not participate in OWC #2, so that's not the first time :/

Oinari-sama wrote:

Also I just thought it'll be cool to invite guest commentators to fill the gap between matches (or downtimes) by talking about osu news, highlights and even community projects/tools... sort of like an osu!commercial break? xD
That's actually not a bad idea, I'd like this to happen.
wonders
china have registered, just a little bit late...

maybe someone can help us :( ?
wonders
China quited OWC #2, but we are prepared for OWC #4 half a month, just a little bit sad.
Anyway, have a good luck in next year.
khalifa father
i have very sad

no country my is there arabic register

but wishing luck all play fun all have same values not rank it is human value equal, thank you for it maybe the after year bahrain can playing
Sanle
China have no chance to participate in owc...? I'm very sad... i hope someone can help us.. :( :(
ErunamoJAZZ
Colombia also sent late registration. It took us specifying the 8 players ... we did not have many chances to reach semifinal, but we wanted to try.
Until next year :/

EDIT: I suggest that next year the dates notify one week in advance. Also, just take a weekend (3 days) to the form submission.
It is surprising that Japan, Korea and Taiwan, have been the last to join, and it is sad that China has been left out.

I also support the suggestion of Blue Dragon than by continents, increase competitiveness in countries where although they have some good players, but they do not dare to participate because they know they will not win against the top Asians.
It would also be a good way to see that there are level regions.
Wishy

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

Colombia also sent late registration. It took us specifying the 8 players ... we did not have many chances to reach semifinal, but we wanted to try.
Until next year :/

EDIT: I suggest that next year the dates notify one week in advance. Also, just take a weekend (3 days) to the form submission.
It is surprising that Japan, Korea and Taiwan, have been the last to join, and it is sad that China has been left out.

I also support the suggestion of Blue Dragon than by continents, increase competitiveness in countries where although they have some good players, but they do not dare to participate because they know they will not win against the top Asians.
It would also be a good way to see that there are level regions.
The ideal system would make the top 32 teams play and let the rest out. Making a whole series of tournament to qualify would actually be quite a waste of time, and even if you do it by continent you will get all top teams qualify and end up in the same situation, only you made the good teams waste their time winning 9999999-0 against random teams. xd
Mismagius
OWC Second Division anyone?
JappyBabes

Wishy wrote:

you made the good teams waste their time winning 9999999-0 against random teams. xd
That already happened last year though.
AmaiHachimitsu
It took us specifying the 8 players
You should've just send a team with 4 players you would be sure to participate. You can add others later.
Almost

JappyBabes wrote:

Wishy wrote:

you made the good teams waste their time winning 9999999-0 against random teams. xd
That already happened last year though.
And the same thing is going to happen this year as well.
Lust
Bulgaria clutch victory i see it
[Sakagami Tomoyo]
We China's Team leader made a mistake - late for a bit. And we sincerely hope we can participate in OWC#4 finally. :)
Toroguythingymajig
Vietnam's slot has been replaced by China, because according to Loctav, we were a bit late in registering. Oh well, good luck to China!
Awaken
I will almost cry
Happy end finally~TAT
And Vietnam must be a strong team I believe ;)
-Ryuujii-
So who's on Team Usa?
Almost

-Ryuujii- wrote:

So who's on Team Usa?
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013
buny

kriers wrote:

buny wrote:

buny like bunny pls
I think you need a name change before that starts making sense. In any case you can't blame anyone for spelling it wrong then ;)
brb name changing to bun-y
Totoki
another month or two of our lifes revolving around clicking circles again yay \o/
Moonpower

buny wrote:

brb name changing to bun-y
bun why? pls
Noriko

kamiyo-sama wrote:

another month or two of our lifes revolving around clicking circles again yay \o/
Like it didn't revolve around it before haha

I hope next year there's a thorough set of requirements for countries to apply for a slot. Also as it was mentioned before in this topic, it would be a really good idea to either reserve slots for high tier countries or have them join in later during the tournament... just like the Eurovision Song Contest works. Quite effectively.
AmaiHachimitsu
let's just announce Korea the winner and repeat this through following editions, the others fight for #2
show more