If you have multiple time zones, just let me know via forum PM
AmaiHachimitsu
No drama this year, perhaps???
GTX
期待
Mikelicious

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

There is always drama, just wait for it.
Damara-Chan
GO!! INDONESIA!!! Aiming to be victory tehehehehe ^_^
KRZY

Loctav wrote:

We plan to hand out real existing trophies. No final confirmation, yet - so still uncertain.
damn

shame we didn't have that last time ;_;
Alarido
About Timezones: Just a few countries - namely Russia, China and NAFTA - may have such timezone issues - easily defeatable/supportable with goodwill (like olympic athlets who face several restrictions, like food limitation and intensive trainings for winning their trophies and medals). Love solves all - or almost all.

Damara-Chan wrote:

*.* yes, but for my dear AnreFM~ and for Niva (no matter they are part of OWC this year or no), my favorite player (besides lewa-chan)... In truth, longing for a final match Brazil x Indonesia (please don't start flooding, guys!)
Vmx
Still have my signature from last year woop
Azer
Canada's in.
Hernan
We're winning
donjuan_217
hola el torneo que se va a llevar a cabo es de ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?

hello the tournament to be carried out is ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?
khalifa father
i have register the bahrain team, i hope it is accept
ErunamoJAZZ

donjuan_217 wrote:

hola el torneo que se va a llevar a cabo es de ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?

hello the tournament to be carried out is ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?
Nope, only Standard.

EDIT: For more info, read here
Metro

khalifa father wrote:

friendok <3
Avner

Alarido wrote:

About Timezones: Just a few countries - namely Russia, China and NAFTA - may have such timezone issues - easily defeatable/supportable with goodwill (like olympic athlets who face several restrictions, like food limitation and intensive trainings for winning their trophies and medals). Love solves all - or almost all.

Damara-Chan wrote:

*.* yes, but for my dear AnreFM~ and for Niva, my favorite player (besides lewa-chan)... In truth, longing for a final match Brazil x Indonesia (please don't start flooding, guys!)
Niva won't be participating :)
buny
pls open #cow

also since team leaders aren't scheduling times, are you going to try to make it so that the times would work, or are you expecting us to have 4 people on at any given time?
darkmiz
Why is flashlight allowed in free mod
Thatgooey

darkmiz wrote:

Pls no... oh god no...
Frostmourne

Metro wrote:

khalifa father wrote:

friendok <3
Team Bahrain
Captain : friendok
Player1 : friendok1
Player2 : friendok2
Player3 : friendok3

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

wouldn't be osu! without drama
akupp

cr1m wrote:

I think registration with form is stupid way, because anyone can create a team and how the fuck you will understand where is real country team?
Are there any "procedure" for not letting this kind happen, because some random guy can easily say he is the one who representing the country. Even people who ranked #60,000+ claim that he will become captain for Malaysia country to join this. No joke.
dato93
Why I cant see Japan and Corea teams?
Lach

dato93 wrote:

Why I cant see Japan and Corea teams?
Because they haven't sent in a form and pmed Loctav yet?
Topic Starter
Loctav

buny wrote:

pls open #cow

also since team leaders aren't scheduling times, are you going to try to make it so that the times would work, or are you expecting us to have 4 people on at any given time?
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Ruleset
Scheduling instructions

akupp wrote:

cr1m wrote:

I think registration with form is stupid way, because anyone can create a team and how the fuck you will understand where is real country team?
Are there any "procedure" for not letting this kind happen, because some random guy can easily say he is the one who representing the country. Even people who ranked #60,000+ claim that he will become captain for Malaysia country to join this. No joke.
Just trust me. Worked wonders so far

darkmiz wrote:

Because its freemod. Nothing wrong here.
pielak213
why isnt easy in freemod
Azer
Why isn't auto in free mod?
pielak213
easy can actually make scores higher if you can't read the map well and is actually selectable if freemod is on
Lach
The kind of maps where EZ scores can be higher than nomod/mod scores are too hard for tournaments to begin with.
pielak213
The reason we didn't have hard maps in the last owc is because failing would make it so your score won't count. The rules clearly states that failing won't do that this tournament.

There was recently a "suggest a map" poll to help determine the maps for owc. There was a line somewhere that said "all suggestions will be considered". I would be extremely surprised if everyone didn't choose the hardest maps they know to watch the best players of each country face off in the hardest maps average players can think of.
buny
didn't really answer my question but thanks.
Wishy
We are not gonna go and pick BB and 4D if that's what you guys are thinking.
Topic Starter
Loctav

pielak213 wrote:

The reason we didn't have hard maps in the last owc is because failing would make it so your score won't count. The rules clearly states that failing won't do that this tournament.

There was recently a "suggest a map" poll to help determine the maps for owc. There was a line somewhere that said "all suggestions will be considered". I would be extremely surprised if everyone didn't choose the hardest maps they know to watch the best players of each country face off in the hardest maps average players can think of.
1.) You need to revive and survive to make your score count. This has been the same on last OWC, too.
2.) Considered doesn't mean picked. Many people picked THE BIG BLACK, even if it's like a huge NO for OWC. Just because it has been suggested 100 times, it doesn't rise it's chances.
3.) We have two dedicates and experienced map selectors doing a good job. Trust them.
4.) Hard is relative. Please keep in mind that details determine a winner. Not the ones being able to play clusterpoop.
pielak213

Wishy wrote:

Will there be a lot of ar9 dts?
AmaiHachimitsu

I expect maps to be harder than those last year, but still no big blacks and similar. EVEN IF there was some extremely hard map in pool, noone would possibly even CONSIDER playing it with EZ. Also as Loctav said, Hard is relative. It surprises me that an experienced player as you think that playing those EXTREMES is the way to see who is better. Remember this is a rhythm game, not tetris where you need only speed and aim. the best player should be able to play various maps, not only 250 bpm long streams and square jumps.

Not to mention that players don't simply make a good combo in every try on an very hard map. During OWC we'll have one chance and all that under massive pressure, so simple luck would be essential for a team to win. I think luck shouldn't be the most important factor which decides who wins.
Pizzicato

pielak213 wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Will there be a lot of ar9 dts?
oh shit pls no
Cyclohexane
Actually, there's only going to be AR8-7 Insanes rotating around 140-160bpm. I've seen to it.

there's gonna be all sorts of maps now, we had a suggestion pool of over 500 maps if I recall correctly.

Maybe more.
yurunneram
Watching the live stream of OWC3 was the first time my sis thought that Osu! was cool :3 I really hope to see more amazing maps played this year ^^

Also love to support my own country OwO)/

Also putting BB there would be near ridiculous
buny

Mr Color wrote:

Actually, there's only going to be AR8-7 Insanes rotating around 140-160bpm. I've seen to it.

there's gonna be all sorts of maps now, we had a suggestion pool of over 500 maps if I recall correctly.

Maybe more.
no love for 100-140

would love the map pool to have a higher difficulty to it, i mean last year was really who could random miss the most to be honest.
Metro
Error that shouldn't happen this year: in groupstage match order should be

1v4 & 2v3
1v3 & 2v4
1v2 & 3v4

Last year the last groupstage match was useless in many groups. Top seeds (1&2) should decide who gets 1st place in the last match (assuming they both win their first two matches).
jesse1412

darkmiz wrote:

Easy mod shouldn't be excluded, what makes 1 mod worse then the others? Alternatively ban FL and easymod.
show more