forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lokovodo
Cannot emphasize the hype in me.

I just know Wishy and Darksonic will pick good maps, should be great to watch all the matches.

We also need to see if we can get professional Canadian Azer to commentate though it might be a bit hard to make that work since he will probably be playing for canada-land also GOGO canada-land!
Cyclohexane
I'm hyped too. I don't think we're going to stream everything this time around, though.

I will, once again, be leading the English commentary along with dkun. I really look forward to that, it's been a while since I've last done it.

What do you guys want from the commentary this year? I know last time we had a few awkward times and all, so I'd like to improve that. I will gather stats and trivia about players and maps and compare stuff from last year, but I may overlook things, so I'm really open for suggestions.

Don't ask me to sing, I won't.
Kanye West
GO BR

in fabrico kirby we believe!!!
Alarido

Shino wrote:

It is written that #1 will get winner trophy... so, is that "Real" trophy?
And if winner team is asia or other contury, does it come with international shipping?
If all punishments are real, the prizes too.
And international shipping seems not be so expensive as it were at medieval era or such ancient times. I feel peppy has such stored resources to face all the costs of bringing OWC to our real world, as such as songs we work here are real too. And if no...I dunno how it works, but I believe in our osu!creator and in his power. Let's go Pros and Gods/Goddess (lewa-chan) and win the best.
Kanye West
What. This is an online tournament for friendly competition. Not a multimillion dollar e-sport. The profile badge is a good enough trophy.
izzydemon

buny wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

so who'll pick the maps this time
anyone but aqo
HoriKyoko
Can we watch this live? If yes, how?
Kurangceret

lucari386 wrote:

Can we watch this live? If yes, how?
They will going to stream the match on twitch.
Topic Starter
Loctav
We plan to hand out real existing trophies. No final confirmation, yet - so still uncertain.
Kert
a single timezone for the whole team is totally not cool
I would giggle if some of our players will have to play at 4 night or so
silmarilen

Mr Color wrote:

I'm hyped too. I don't think we're going to stream everything this time around, though.

I will, once again, be leading the English commentary along with dkun. I really look forward to that, it's been a while since I've last done it.

What do you guys want from the commentary this year? I know last time we had a few awkward times and all, so I'd like to improve that. I will gather stats and trivia about players and maps and compare stuff from last year, but I may overlook things, so I'm really open for suggestions.

Don't ask me to sing, I won't.
can you sing for us please?

not really about the commentary but more about the stream in general. can we please get people with good internet connections to stream this time? so we will be able to see more than 8 pixels.

you should also do something like having the commentators watch an inside stream, where they can comment in realtime and then re-stream that to the final stream where everybody watches, so we wont have commenting about something that happened 30 seconds in the past.
Cyclohexane

Kanye West wrote:

What. This is an online tournament for friendly competition. Not a multimillion dollar e-sport. The profile badge is a good enough trophy.
shut up and enjoy seeing that delicious golden circle go to the winners

it better be a golden circle
or a golden cookie

@Silm: This year we at least shouldn't have any lag ON OUR SIDE (hello Twitch) because we've got people that can stream with steady upload. Also, commentary will not be delayed like last year, either. Commentators will see the matches live.
silmarilen
alright, good to hear.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Kert wrote:

a single timezone for the whole team is totally not cool
I would giggle if some of our players will have to play at 4 night or so

If you have multiple time zones, just let me know via forum PM
AmaiHachimitsu
No drama this year, perhaps???
GTX
期待
Mikelicious

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

There is always drama, just wait for it.
Damara-Chan
GO!! INDONESIA!!! Aiming to be victory tehehehehe ^_^
KRZY

Loctav wrote:

We plan to hand out real existing trophies. No final confirmation, yet - so still uncertain.
damn

shame we didn't have that last time ;_;
Alarido
About Timezones: Just a few countries - namely Russia, China and NAFTA - may have such timezone issues - easily defeatable/supportable with goodwill (like olympic athlets who face several restrictions, like food limitation and intensive trainings for winning their trophies and medals). Love solves all - or almost all.

Damara-Chan wrote:

*.* yes, but for my dear AnreFM~ and for Niva (no matter they are part of OWC this year or no), my favorite player (besides lewa-chan)... In truth, longing for a final match Brazil x Indonesia (please don't start flooding, guys!)
Vmx
Still have my signature from last year woop
Azer
Canada's in.
Hernan
We're winning
donjuan_217
hola el torneo que se va a llevar a cabo es de ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?

hello the tournament to be carried out is ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?
khalifa father
i have register the bahrain team, i hope it is accept
ErunamoJAZZ

donjuan_217 wrote:

hola el torneo que se va a llevar a cabo es de ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?

hello the tournament to be carried out is ¿ OSU Catch the Beat ?
Nope, only Standard.

EDIT: For more info, read here
Metro

khalifa father wrote:

friendok <3
Avner

Alarido wrote:

About Timezones: Just a few countries - namely Russia, China and NAFTA - may have such timezone issues - easily defeatable/supportable with goodwill (like olympic athlets who face several restrictions, like food limitation and intensive trainings for winning their trophies and medals). Love solves all - or almost all.

Damara-Chan wrote:

*.* yes, but for my dear AnreFM~ and for Niva, my favorite player (besides lewa-chan)... In truth, longing for a final match Brazil x Indonesia (please don't start flooding, guys!)
Niva won't be participating :)
buny
pls open #cow

also since team leaders aren't scheduling times, are you going to try to make it so that the times would work, or are you expecting us to have 4 people on at any given time?
darkmiz
Why is flashlight allowed in free mod
Thatgooey

darkmiz wrote:

Pls no... oh god no...
Frostmourne

Metro wrote:

khalifa father wrote:

friendok <3
Team Bahrain
Captain : friendok
Player1 : friendok1
Player2 : friendok2
Player3 : friendok3

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

wouldn't be osu! without drama
akupp

cr1m wrote:

I think registration with form is stupid way, because anyone can create a team and how the fuck you will understand where is real country team?
Are there any "procedure" for not letting this kind happen, because some random guy can easily say he is the one who representing the country. Even people who ranked #60,000+ claim that he will become captain for Malaysia country to join this. No joke.
dato93
Why I cant see Japan and Corea teams?
Lach

dato93 wrote:

Why I cant see Japan and Corea teams?
Because they haven't sent in a form and pmed Loctav yet?
Topic Starter
Loctav

buny wrote:

pls open #cow

also since team leaders aren't scheduling times, are you going to try to make it so that the times would work, or are you expecting us to have 4 people on at any given time?
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Ruleset
Scheduling instructions

akupp wrote:

cr1m wrote:

I think registration with form is stupid way, because anyone can create a team and how the fuck you will understand where is real country team?
Are there any "procedure" for not letting this kind happen, because some random guy can easily say he is the one who representing the country. Even people who ranked #60,000+ claim that he will become captain for Malaysia country to join this. No joke.
Just trust me. Worked wonders so far

darkmiz wrote:

Because its freemod. Nothing wrong here.
pielak213
why isnt easy in freemod
Azer
Why isn't auto in free mod?
pielak213
easy can actually make scores higher if you can't read the map well and is actually selectable if freemod is on
Lach
The kind of maps where EZ scores can be higher than nomod/mod scores are too hard for tournaments to begin with.
show more