forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loctav

Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu! World Cup 2013.
Here you can discuss everything related to the worldwide osu! tournament.
Frostmourne
1st
silmarilen
2nd
Giralda
\o/ can't wait for this ~
rzkadi
get hype guys \o/
veniastcline
I'm so excited \:D/ Looking forward to this! :D
Soar
Here we go
Alarido
Good luck everyone :3 specially BRAZIL. . . . . . . . . . and Indonesia.

Maybe I could take part on OWC in 10 years owo .... just need an intensive, long-term massive training ><
Mikelicious
Yay finally o3o cant wait to watch all the matchs~
Cozzzy
Get hype /o/ gogo Team GB

Also, it's a while off, but where should I direct questions/discussion about osu!mania world cup #1?
PlasticSmoothie
Yaaaaaaay~
SujingXu815
:O This is exciting! Can't wait until the tournament starts. Wish I was good enough to participate.
Liiraye
EDIT: Nvm, question answered. So it's the first 32 teams that gets to enter? the 33rd won't get a chance to qualify? :/

We've got some issues being sorted here in Sweden so the registration might be postponed a bit...
Hello Skitty
Is this normal on a owc thread
dkun
Spamming this thread is a big no-no. You have been warned.
Alarido
Good luck with righteous equality for all countries :3 everyone is welcome at osu!

Kuron-Kun wrote:

Darksonic wrote:

Ok stop it already.
We agree ^^
fabriciorby
what
izzydemon
rip brasil
Glazbom
Ok.
cr1mmy
I think registration with form is stupid way, because anyone can create a team and how the fuck you will understand where is real country team?
Pizzicato
so who'll pick the maps this time
buny

Pizzicato wrote:

anyone but aqo
XPJ38

Pizzicato wrote:

see wiki
Reyvateil
Will there be a stream on twitch or something?
Shino
It is written that #1 will get winner trophy... so, is that "Real" trophy?
And if winner team is asia or other contury, does it come with international shipping?
Qplayer
Last year it was streamed on http://www.twitch.tv/osuworldcup

I'm hyped for the greatest championship in all of e-sports. It'll be nice to see the new default skin featured as looking at the old VODs hurts my eyes with the old 300s I haven't seen in so long :3
Wishy

cr1m wrote:

I think registration with form is stupid way, because anyone can create a team and how the fuck you will understand where is real country team?
Yeah I said the same but apparently there is some PM confirmation thing so if you create a fake team it's not gonna get in.

Pizzicato wrote:

BRASIL

Darksonic and me.
Lokovodo
Cannot emphasize the hype in me.

I just know Wishy and Darksonic will pick good maps, should be great to watch all the matches.

We also need to see if we can get professional Canadian Azer to commentate though it might be a bit hard to make that work since he will probably be playing for canada-land also GOGO canada-land!
Cyclohexane
I'm hyped too. I don't think we're going to stream everything this time around, though.

I will, once again, be leading the English commentary along with dkun. I really look forward to that, it's been a while since I've last done it.

What do you guys want from the commentary this year? I know last time we had a few awkward times and all, so I'd like to improve that. I will gather stats and trivia about players and maps and compare stuff from last year, but I may overlook things, so I'm really open for suggestions.

Don't ask me to sing, I won't.
Kanye West
GO BR

in fabrico kirby we believe!!!
Alarido

Shino wrote:

It is written that #1 will get winner trophy... so, is that "Real" trophy?
And if winner team is asia or other contury, does it come with international shipping?
If all punishments are real, the prizes too.
And international shipping seems not be so expensive as it were at medieval era or such ancient times. I feel peppy has such stored resources to face all the costs of bringing OWC to our real world, as such as songs we work here are real too. And if no...I dunno how it works, but I believe in our osu!creator and in his power. Let's go Pros and Gods/Goddess (lewa-chan) and win the best.
Kanye West
What. This is an online tournament for friendly competition. Not a multimillion dollar e-sport. The profile badge is a good enough trophy.
izzydemon

buny wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

anyone but aqo
HoriKyoko
Can we watch this live? If yes, how?
Kurangceret

lucari386 wrote:

Can we watch this live? If yes, how?
They will going to stream the match on twitch.
Topic Starter
Loctav
We plan to hand out real existing trophies. No final confirmation, yet - so still uncertain.
Kert
a single timezone for the whole team is totally not cool
I would giggle if some of our players will have to play at 4 night or so
silmarilen

Mr Color wrote:

I'm hyped too. I don't think we're going to stream everything this time around, though.

I will, once again, be leading the English commentary along with dkun. I really look forward to that, it's been a while since I've last done it.

What do you guys want from the commentary this year? I know last time we had a few awkward times and all, so I'd like to improve that. I will gather stats and trivia about players and maps and compare stuff from last year, but I may overlook things, so I'm really open for suggestions.

Don't ask me to sing, I won't.
can you sing for us please?

not really about the commentary but more about the stream in general. can we please get people with good internet connections to stream this time? so we will be able to see more than 8 pixels.

you should also do something like having the commentators watch an inside stream, where they can comment in realtime and then re-stream that to the final stream where everybody watches, so we wont have commenting about something that happened 30 seconds in the past.
show more