Total Posts
show more
buny
could've used more maps in the pool imo
looks nice though
fartownik

Every score on Roze in the tournament ever ;(
ethox
Otherwise a nice map pool, but this makes it even harder for less capable teams to get past the group stage. All maps are CS4, BPM dispersion is way too small imho and a lot of maps with either high jumps or streams. I guess I do appreciate a few stylistic differences between the maps, but there's just a huge lack of mechanical variety. This is the first group stage, so with the amount of maps there are (seems like it doubles up each year :p) I thought there would be a showing of other ends of the spectrum, but I guess you can't have it all. Also I'm a little disappointed since I've only played 6 maps out of the current pool and I seriously lack time to practice, but I won't go down without a fight! Let's just hope I don't have to work during the weekend.

Got the rant out of the way. Good luck to all contestants nevertheless!

ditto: I request a no-vid map pack
Mythiax
mappool is jumpy as hell... tho i guess is ok for a OWC... group stage? It's more a filter than a mappool imo but w/e.
buny
just realised tie breaker is easier/same difficulty than the no mods. lol
Nerumi-S
Oh Let's rock
AmaiHachimitsu

fartownik wrote:

Every score on Roze in the tournament ever ;(

Now seriously, Roze will be a pain in the ass, and I like it
Metro

buny wrote:

Please stop posting.
buny
are the videos of the streams going to be uploaded on twitch also? Asking this because the stream of the drawings wasn't recorded when i wanted to watch them, quite disappointed about that.

also, is there going to be a no-vid map pack uploaded?
Flanster

Artaxerx wrote:

Uhm... what?! Did you seriously not get the sarcasm in my post?!
Sarcasm on text, you're doing it right.
Marcin

buny wrote:

are the videos of the streams going to be uploaded on twitch also? Asking this because the stream of the drawings wasn't recorded when i wanted to watch them, quite disappointed about that.

also, is there going to be a no-vid map pack uploaded?
Well, it was mistake (or, twitch changed from automatic on, to off) because streamers hasn't enabled saving videos, now it should be saved automatically.
Ilye_old
Is it possible for one of the streamers to record and upload unaired games without commentary? cause for example personally I find UK vs Japan game quite interesting, also some countries like Chile have only one game streamed.
GladiOol

LoliFlan wrote:

Artaxerx wrote:

Uhm... what?! Did you seriously not get the sarcasm in my post?!
Sarcasm on text, you're doing it right.
It was still obivious sarcasm, you just suck 8-)
Marcin

[-Aoi-] wrote:

Is it possible for one of the streamers to record and upload unaired games without commentary? cause for example personally I find UK vs Japan game quite interesting, also some countries like Chile have only one game streamed.
I think it might be possible, I'll ask further.
Soarezi
lol these map suck, cba even playing them before owc and ruining my high ar readability $$$
Lapis-
I am glad Im not playing this year. dem AR9 hard maps
jesse1412

[-Aoi-] wrote:

I'll stream it for you with commentary bby.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
Darksonic

buny wrote:

Actually that isn't the one we wanted to pick, the other one was harder and fits much better for the first tiebreaker, sadly we had to change it.
Frostmourne

jesus1412 wrote:

[-Aoi-] wrote:

I'll stream it for you with commentary bby.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
British accent win win
Aqo
buny is right, tiebreaker is same level as nomods. probably easier than some depending on the players' strengths.

not that that's a bad thing, depending on what you want to make out of it.
Darksonic

Aqo wrote:

buny is right, tiebreaker is same level as nomods. probably easier than some depending on the players' strengths.
Blame Loctav.

*runs*
Aqo

Darksonic wrote:

Blame Loctav.
Yeah I know how the map picking process "works".

Anyway nice picks so far. 12 Green lights, 6 Yellow lights, 5 Red lights.

Something to keep in mind guys: Don't pick all the interesting maps from the start or else you'll have nothing left for later stages. Plan ahead on this.

23(?)x5(?) = sooooooo maps
Topic Starter
Loctav

Darksonic wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Blame Loctav.

*runs*
What. Wishy put it there. I picked like two maps from the entire pool and you two agreed. Don't push the blame to me :C also the previous pick was harder but a bunch of crap mapping wise.

@Aqo last year, fartownik was the one bitching around. Not me : DDD
Synchrostar

PortalLife wrote:

I am glad Im not playing this year. dem AR9 hard maps
yo ar9 is easy if only i knew how to stream
CXu

Loctav wrote:

but a bunch of crap mapping wise.
>Implying current mappool doesn't have a bunch of crap mapping wise *cough* yuugure *cough*
jesse1412

CXu wrote:

Loctav wrote:

>Implying current mappool doesn't have a bunch of crap mapping wise *cough* yuugure *cough*
Overlap hnghhh.
Darksonic

Loctav wrote:

What. Wishy put it there. I picked like two maps from the entire pool and you two agreed. Don't push the blame to me :C also the previous pick was harder but a bunch of crap mapping wise.
I think it would be better to have something that could fit better in the pool whatever the map style is, rather than a good map but eaaaasier one, the current tiebreaker sadly doesn't have enough challenge ;_; but that's the best we could find for it, it isn't too easy either but the other one was more enjoyable imo.

But hey, is not like the current pool is filled with great maps though :p
fartownik
inb4 the other one was Skystar
Zare
I'm actually surprised there's no Skystar map in the first pool, but I guess they're gonna wait until the later rounds
fartownik

Zarerion wrote:

I'm actually surprised there's no Skystar map in the first pool, but I guess they're gonna wait until the later rounds
:(
Synchrostar

CXu wrote:

Loctav wrote:

which is like the only map i can actually do well on.
welp fuck this i hate this mappool
buny
so what was this mystery tie-breaker map that we do not speak of?
Wishy
It wasn't harder or anything, I ended up not liking it after 3 plays tbh.

I think this tie-breaker is fine. There are a lot of hard parts, tricky stuff, etc. Also AR 9 can make it tough for some. I find the nomod maps to be way easier compared to it.
Darksonic
Jumping at AR 9 makes the map easier than jumping at AR 8 imo :p
kriers
Luv Letter is at least 3 times harder with hardrock. If you guys want to go through that then be my guest. It's not really that hard if you can read AR9 well, though.
buny

Wishy wrote:

It wasn't harder or anything, I ended up not liking it after 3 plays tbh.

I think this tie-breaker is fine. There are a lot of hard parts, tricky stuff, etc. Also AR 9 can make it tough for some. I find the nomod maps to be way easier compared to it.
roze and raijin no migiude share the same thing in common with the tie breaker and that is that it only has a few hard parts whereas the rest is incredibly easy and free points/accuracy.

i feel like if tie breaker maps are going to be reached, they're going to be determined by who random missed on the most absurd section in the map. If you missed on the jumpy part and the other team didn't, there's absolutely no hope of catching up because the rest of it is free points.

kriers wrote:

Luv Letter is at least 3 times harder with hardrock. If you guys want to go through that then be my guest. It's not really that hard if you can read AR9 well, though.
it's pretty hard to fc hr on 1 play while under pressure, more so it could be a match-changing decision

i don't think many people are going to touch any mods in free mods except for hd.

also according to osutp

of course not implying osutp is accurate or anything
Darksonic
Nah osu!tp has nothing to do here, because that's an average of aim and speed. At the moment of picking maps we aimed for aim rather than speed since we're interested on people showing their better skills instead speed only, like deathstreams or something like that (I'm not saying osu!tp's speed is based on streams only, ofc). Maybe balanced level maps could fit better but it's hard to find something like that which can fit on the pool.

Example, Rin's map is level 78 because it speed only (84), some of the other maps (tiebreaker included) are based mostly on aim. You probably can find a level 40 map there, which it could be harder than a 60 one, just because in terms of skill: aim >>> speed.
Not sure if I'm right or not but that's my point of wiew at least.
Kert
Please, add variety to future mappools. Nomod maps are all the same, absolutely.
Last year there were maps that had some unique stuff like small circles/2key patterns/long streams/low ar/accuracy wars for teams
But now it's just jumps and streams everywhere
Also some of the nomod maps are quite long so they look like they should be tiebreakers instead of nomods
Metro
Accuracy wars <- how interesting. not.
My Accuracy Sucks

Metro wrote:

Accuracy wars
Damn it.
show more