forum

FPS (first person shooter) games that has low requirements?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZiggyZigga
Is there any online FPS games that has low requirements to recommend? :)
Mara
Post specs.
Topic Starter
ZiggyZigga
1.83 GHz, Intel Core Dual Processor T2400, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400, and 1.5 GB of RAM. Kinda sucks
Mara
Serious Sam series (Except 3rd one, that won't run. Not sure about HD, but original series works fine.)
Quake series (Quake Live can be played via browser and it's pretty much like Q3 with few tweaks)
Unreal, Unreal Tournament 99 GOTY & UT2004
Any GoldSrc game (Counter-Strike 1.6, Day of Defeat 1.3, Half-Life 1, Team Fortress Classic etc)
DOOM (and other FPS games from that era such as Hexen, Heretic, Blood, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, RoTT etc)
Call of Duty: United Offensive (Trust me, this CoD isn't shit. You need CoD1, since UO is an expansion pack)
SWAT 3 & SWAT 4 (If you're into tactical shooters, this is the one you're looking for)
Rainbow Six series (From the first one to Raven Shield, from there it got out of hand)
Deus Ex (Don't let the shitty first level fool you!)
Operation Flashpoint (In Steam called ArmA: Cold War Assault, but that has newer version and you can't join in OFP servers)
Soldier of Fortune 1 & 2
Battlefield 1942
XIII
Return to the Castle Wolfenstein (For multiplayer F2P, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory)

I'm pretty sure you can run more than that, but these are some golden FPS games even if they are oldies.
Topic Starter
ZiggyZigga

Mara wrote:

Serious Sam series (Except 3rd one, that won't run. Not sure about HD, but original series works fine.)
Quake series (Quake Live can be played via browser and it's pretty much like Q3 with few tweaks)
Unreal, Unreal Tournament 99 GOTY & UT2004
Any GoldSrc game (Counter-Strike 1.6, Day of Defeat 1.3, Half-Life 1, Team Fortress Classic etc)
DOOM (and other FPS games from that era such as Hexen, Heretic, Blood, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, RoTT etc)
Call of Duty: United Offensive (Trust me, this CoD isn't shit. You need CoD1, since UO is an expansion pack)
SWAT 3 & SWAT 4 (If you're into tactical shooters, this is the one you're looking for)
Rainbow Six series (From the first one to Raven Shield, from there it got out of hand)
Deus Ex (Don't let the shitty first level fool you!)
Operation Flashpoint (In Steam called ArmA: Cold War Assault, but that has newer version and you can't join in OFP servers)
Soldier of Fortune 1 & 2
Battlefield 1942
XIII
Return to the Castle Wolfenstein (For multiplayer F2P, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory)

I'm pretty sure you can run more than that, but these are some golden FPS games even if they are oldies.
Everything is paid to play right? (Except for Quake Live)
Mara
Yes, except Quake Live and W:ET. However, they are really cheap compared to AAA-games they are selling these days. You find most of these with $10 (+-5) price tag. Alternatively, you can always sail with a pirate ship.

And for DOOM case you can always use a source port. You just need to research a little bit for right files.
Topic Starter
ZiggyZigga

Mara wrote:

Yes, except Quake Live and W:ET. However, they are really cheap compared to AAA-games they are selling these days. You find most of these with $10 (+-5) price tag. Alternatively, you can always sail with a pirate ship.

And for DOOM case you can always use a source port. You just need to research a little bit for right files.
Ok, thanks :D :)
Topic Starter
ZiggyZigga
Btw, have you heard of this game called Open Arena? It's Quake for free for your PC.
Mara
Oh, yes I have - sadly it's pretty much just a dead project with dead mods.

I also have Quake Live PRO account, so I ain't moving anywhere.
- Marco -

ZiggyZigga wrote:

Intel Core Dual Processor T2400
Pentium 4

ZiggyZigga wrote:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400
Randeon 9250

ZiggyZigga wrote:

Kinda sucks
ZiggyZigga pls
SereneMidnight
System Shock 2 is pretty good, and it should run fine on your system (Seeing that I have a similar one, myself.)
Kanye West
System Shock 2 was a hella fun game.
Mara
I knew I forgot something! Yeah, SS2 too.
awp
I think Killing Floor will run on it, as well
Dafydd
Probably CSS + Gary's mod would work nicely
- Marco -

ZiggyZigga wrote:

It's Quake for free for your PC.
QUAKE LIVE