forum

CtB Gameplay Improvements [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Wojjan
For the impossible maps, I'd suggest that the CtB field wraps. ie, go all the way left, and end up right. Mention this in the CtB tutorial that is yet to be made. This way, a jump from all the way left to all the way right should be perfectly possible. Of course, it would mess up the system, but that's what you get for jumps in the first place.
Sleep Powder
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
I've seen jumps though (can't remember specific maps) where they're in the middle-left or middle-right. The notes are 1/2 beats I guess and come so fast that you can't catch them even though they're not that far apart. @_@
Ekaru
2, since there wouldn't need to be a score reset for maps, especially when there was no warning of one coming. Plus, this way we wouldn't have to worry about missing some maps.

Either way works, though.
Yoshi348
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sleep Powder

Yoshi348 wrote:

I personally am against 2, given that I feel that the speed limit is a real part of the gameplay of CtB mode.
That doesn't explain how we can improve the gameplay when doing impossible jumps or anything.
bagnz0r
anonymous_old

BagnoGamer wrote:

Yeah... Then why so many maps physically impossible to FC are Ranked?
Because they can be FC'd in standard, but CTB is overlooked.
Sleep Powder

strager wrote:

BagnoGamer wrote:

That means you guys need to have ranking standards for CTB too...or allow some sort of function to do those impossible jumps.
Gemi

animask wrote:

strager wrote:

BagnoGamer wrote:

That means you guys need to have ranking standards for CTB too...or allow some sort of function to do those impossible jumps.
There is a discussion about this in another topic (sorry, couldn't find it now to give you a link) and peppy offered two possible solutions. I guess one of them will be implemented at some point. Until then you can just avoid those maps.
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

There is a discussion about this in another topic (sorry, couldn't find it now to give you a link) and peppy offered two possible solutions. I guess one of them will be implemented at some point. Until then you can just avoid those maps.
It's in this topic. ;P

peppy's post: viewtopic.php?p=176746#p176746
Gemi

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

It's in this topic. ;P

peppy's post: viewtopic.php?p=176746#p176746
Lol. :D
kideddie1501
oh...hahahahaha! :D
Sleep Powder
lol :)
Wojjan
I worked my wrapping Idea out a little, and I came up with the Pac-Man effect. When all the way at the left of the screen, you need to hold the left button for about 0.2 seconds longer (this is to avoid accidental wrapping) and your character will pass the border, like I have metioned. This, however will go a little slower than regular movement (about 80-90% will do) to make said jumps still a little challenging. If the jumps are at the minimum distance to be unable to FC it with the speed boost, you SHOULD be able to pull this off.

TL;DR: Go slower when wrapping. It works.
anonymous_old
Instead of changing the speed, add some imaginary pixels to lengthen the time it takes to warp.
deadbeat
mikhe

peppy wrote:

So now a proposal: To make all songs passable I have two options.

1. Delete all scores on the specific maps, and change the generation algorithm to work correctly.
2. Add a new ability in CtB such as a faster movement speed or warp button that will make them passable in their current state.

Opinions?
I like the second one, one button that it do x4 velocity (for example), better that reset all maps wich are really impossible... i think this is more fair, so much people play this maps, and they have tried it many times, delete it would be as disrespectful.

Bye :D

P.D: only 1 map that i know have a fruit out of screen (impossible -.-) and this map need a fix (http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=423&m=2)
peppy
mikhe

peppy wrote:

This has already been finalised and will be implemented mid-december.
ok, and which has been the solution?, I must remind you that not all the maps that seem impossible, are impossible ... some require skill or luck (for example the map "jump jump 2008", "Nobuo Uematsu - The Fierce Battle" (level omega), and others are very difficult but possible after all)

bye :D

P.D: if my english is bad.. sorry so much ;_;
Yoshi348
Oh, I'm pretty sure peppy knows EXACTLY what is possible and what is not, given that he programmed the exact speed of the character in the first place.
mikhe

peppy wrote:

This has already been finalised and will be implemented mid-december.
When exactly?
peppy
When it is.
Nazalion
Add some MULTI BPM like mania please ..
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
this isn't added :( what a pity
deadbeat
please don't bump 3 year old completed requests. if you want to request something new for CtB, please make a new thread.