show more
Anime Sucks

CMStorm Red Switches with custom keycaps
Janacechan
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 Brown Switches
westleematthew
Corsair k70 / 100% anti ghosting keyboard
Mizusi
I guess a 2012 Asus laptop keyboard being used nonstop for mania since 2013 (break of 1/2 years in august 2014 and back 5 days ago until my L key broke half an hour ago AGAIN and I'm copying/pasting it) does get officially broken without repair at some point, huh. As expected, I am tired of having my keys getting broken and re-glued by my own hands over and over, and this is impossible for me who absolute loves to play 7K and 5K (and play CS;GO ayyy) but can't even step up her level with such shitty equipment.

I read most of the earlier comments here, and it's killing me that all good keyboards are over $100. I smash my keys way too hard and I heard Razer keyboards barely survive 2 months, while this shit keyboard lasted nearly 3 years on mania.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? I just wanted to play this with a decent keyboard without replacing it every week.

PS: FUCK ghost keys, please. I use the default SDF SPACE JKL for 7K and it has always been comfortable with me, but suggestions for using a different style are appreciated given the fact that now I can't use my L for good. Everything else I tried confused me or was ghost keys, too.
JustinNF
Mine is a very-very-very-very normal kb --- Logitech K270
It comes to a problem when I'm going to play a very fast songs (which is kinda normal for SM streamzzz player) as it only can withstand a normal key rate of 20-something kps. And a bit delay when pressing quads or hand-jacks
ApocaZumbee
Laptop keyboard...
lilbassist96
I use my Laptop keyboard the laptop in specific is a Lenovo Z710 but i find the keys just glide and u dont have to really push hard to get a reading so it makes it really nice.
Rakha Np
Steelseries Apex m260
Blue Switch
Rhonin
Poker 2 PBT White Edition (Cherry Red)
Can't press seven keys at once FeelsBadMan

Edit: A simple firmware upgrade is all I need to fix that.
Topovn
CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i TKL Cherry MX Brown Switch
-Maus-
my calculator
Razzy
I use a MacBook Pro, which doesn't let some key combinations be held simultaneously... it's good for anything lower than 8k.
Jole

CM Storm Quickfire TK with red switches. This keyboard can take a beating - currently closing in at 40 million keystrokes and I'm seeing no signs of wear. The keycaps take surprisingly long to start getting that well known shiny effect from lots of use. 10/10 would buy again
coldloops
for what is worth, I just got a CM Storm Quickfire TK and the NKRO function works on linux, I didn't had to change anything for it to work.

dmesg reports 2 keyboards connected when NKRO is activated, so thats how.
AncuL
#TeamLaptopKeyboard
nothing special. gonna buy a decent keyboard when i feel like doing it
Rachel
laptop keys because i cannot be bothered to buy a better one (also latency might change so it would take time to adjust)
Yuudachi-kun
CM Quickfire ultimate reds with the xc ./ keys removed.

I've hit ~2-2.5 million of each of the 4 keys so far directly on the switch and it's still going strong.
ClarissaAWE
Lioncast LK20 with brown swıtches.
It is a pretty good keyboard :)
Arnaud
Razer Blackwidow chroma.. I just like it because of the LEDs haha
Sorafu_old_1
I'm using this 5 dollar keyboard from walmart, it doesn't even have a logo but I mean hey it works
Kempie
I've been using a Filco Majestouch II TK with Cherry MX Brown switches. Weighs 1.35kg, sounds pleasantly loud, feels great. Would definitely recommend.
Kurenai Erfolg
Laptop key if the table is too small to play comfortably with a removable keyboard. Otherwise, cm ultimate blue switch.
Clutchplay
unresponsive CD-R King office keyboard... :cry: :cry:
projectc1
logitech k100.
well as long can press 7 key together
Tripletth

projectc1 wrote:

logitech k100.
What keys are you using? The only viable combo that actually works on my k120 is SDF [space] ./[shift]
Hornet-
Corsair K70 RGB Red Switches :3
projectc1

Tripletth wrote:

projectc1 wrote:

logitech k100.
What keys are you using? The only viable combo that actually works on my k120 is SDF [space] ./[shift]
shift / alt can be used to press 7 together in k120 / k120i

< k100, default binding
trebby
Ducky One Brown Switches. The tactile feedback is nice for playing 7k.
Sorafu_old_1
I ain't made of money so, Eagle Z-77. Blue switches are amazing :3
Veracion
Laptop ftw
might get a mechanical keyboard too, one day ...
porix2312
Until like 1 week ago, was using membrane KB
Now using Gateron blacks :)
200% better than membrane imo
ReTLoM
ok i use now for 1 Year a sweet Baby in red :)
http://www.ozonegaming.com/product/strike-battle

But i Need a new space cap :/ i pressed the space over 2mio times and i push it just slightly with my nail and i scratch a hole in the space LoL
KtkC
Daskeyboard silent ultimate
(They're Browns)
Though I think I liked my old membrane better for mania. It had less travel.

edit: when I spam a key very fast, I get skipped keys, any advice for that? I'm using the above keyboard with a PS/2 connection, and NKRO is obviously is not an issue here
Rizevim
Ducky One TKL Black Non-Backlit (Cherry MX Brown) & A-Jazz AK33 RGB (Zorro MX Blue)
xNinjaKittyx
Corsair K65 w/ Red Switches, custom keycaps, and o-rings (forgot what type). I used to be obsessed with brown switch, but after using red switches for half a year, I really like them a lot. Getting a Whitefox soon, excited :))
OniGagaku
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Rurree

vortex pok3r with cherry mx blues
mine's backlit with abs keycaps tho

i'll get a cooler master masterkeys pro s soon
KazuMaeshima
2012-2014 Razer Lycosa

2014- Now
Adot
Logitech K120
lenpai